[ot][spam][crazy][spam][confused code] asdf!

Mon Jul 17 12:36:01 PDT 2023

   basically, we have specific delay points based on:
        time_point = 0
        time_point = eta - min_delay
        time_point = eta - min_delay - min_delay + a little
        time_point = eta - remaining
where there are remaining_count time_points total
so we just need to cobble those parts together into a new linear thingy
and then figure out delay so that the next time_point is reached,
rather than taking delay straight from the linear thingy.
and then it can be written in a way that is precalculable again, and
may even be the exact same thing