[oss] Fwd: 2023 Virtual Fedora Showcase

Thu Jul 13 17:29:41 PDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arran Griffith
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 15:23:03 -0400

We are officially announcing the 2023 Virtual Fedora Showcase, taking
place this Fall. As a way to bring the community back together in one
(virtual) space we are hosting a 2-3 day online event to bring our
community together and give users a chance to share their work,
discuss their implementations, collaborate, and reconnect. This event
will be FREE to all participants and we hope you’ll use this
opportunity to bring friends and colleagues along to learn more about
Fedora, the software and our community.

Registration details will follow in the weeks to come so keep your
eyes open for info on that.

DETAILS:https://fedora.lyrasis.org/2023-virtual-fedora-showcase/

When: Sept 12-14, 2023
·         2-3 ½ day sessions (depending on level of interest and
quantity of proposals)
·         Times will attempt to be as inclusive as possible for global users

What to Expect:
·         Presentations from colleagues and peers on work they have
been doing at their institutions
·         Program Updates from Fedora and our sister communities
·         Organization Home Updates
·         Engagement Activities
·         Local user-group (virtual) meet-and-greets

WE NEED YOU!
Don’t think your work is interesting enough?! I bet you’re wrong and
that a fellow Fedora user or community member is working through the
exact same thing at this very moment. We want to hear about ALL of the
things you’ve been working on, Fedora 6 or not!!

Submit your presentation proposal using the following form:
https://forms.office.com/r/uZtWZVTeXz
Proposals will be accepted until July 31, 2023.

Presentation ideas can include, but are not limited to the following
suggestions:
Interesting or unique Fedora implementations
How your institution handled recent upgrades or tweaks within your
system to solve a problem
The good, the bad and the ugly – sharing work that didn’t go so well
and what you learned from it
Migration stories (Doesn’t have to be Fedora 6 migration stories!)
Upcoming work and how you are preparing for it
Cool new collections you are working on
General Fedora updates from your institution

So get your thinking caps on and mark your calendars! We will have a
great event in store for you and are looking forward to seeing
everyone all together again! Read more about the event on our website
here: https://fedora.lyrasis.org/2023-virtual-fedora-showcase/

Cheers,
Arran Griffith
---