Cryptocurrency: CBDC Digital Fiat WARNING BELLS GOING OFF

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 21:23:19 PDT 2023

CRICKETS... that's the sound your govt hears re you sitting
on your ass refusing to demand to use privacy-enabled p2p crypto
while letting them roll their permanent CBDC nightmare out on you.

When are you going to demand them to shove their CBDC up their ass?

Are central bank digital currencies one of the greatest threats to freedom?

https://intellinews.com/nemethy-are-central-bank-digital-currencies-one-of-the-greatest-threats-to-freedom-270491/

[–]SnooRegrets7399 21 points22 points23 points 1 day ago (25 children)

CBDCs could be the trojan horse for total financial surveillance.
Yeah, sure, it’s digital currency but minus the freedom and anonymity
that makes crypto so appealing.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 6 points7 points8
points 23 hours ago (5 children)

CBDCs are just like the evil twin of crypto

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]RedBunery -3 points-2 points-1 points 22 hours ago (3 children)

Boomers will love this stuff, and before we know it all their money
will be tied up in it. Will be like Facebook to them. Damn.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1Tim1_15 -2 points-1 points0 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

You think boomers will love CBDCs? It won't be because they're old. It
will be because of their ideology. Proof? Have you heard of Cynthia
Lummis, or Tom Emmer, or Pat Toomey, or Ron Paul, or Michael Saylor,
or Max Keiser, or ...

Age has nothing to do with it. It's ideology.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]special_onigiri 0 points1 point2 points 13 hours ago (0 children)

It's the bastard son of fiat and crypto, it has ALL the bad qualities
of both and none of the good ones.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Aggravating_Deal_572Platinum | QC: CC 388, ETH 69, BTC 20 |
TraderSubs 55 1 point2 points3 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

That’s why cash is King!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Popular_District9072Tin | CRO 9 0 points1 point2 points 22 hours
ago (0 children)

governments are already spying on us, monitoring every financial
transaction would tie the rope even further

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]3utt5lut 0 points1 point2 points 23 hours ago (15 children)

It's just another form of fiat. I don't see them as anything good. You
take all of the worst problems from fiat and all the good aspects of
crypto (transparency/freedom), and use it against the population in
the most negative way possible (transaction surveillance/forcing
people to use only digital transactions which the government has total
control over).

I'm really not looking forward to it. I'll be buying as much
gold/silver/physical assets as possible, as these will become
considerably more valuable when they start to phase out fiat (which
has already started in Canada).

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]superworkingPlatinum | QC: CC 86 | r/Pers.Fin.Cnd. 322 -1 points0
points1 point 17 hours ago (14 children)

It seems like a good tool for accepting income and paying taxes. Not
every solution needs to be for every purpose.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 17 hours ago (13 children)

[deleted]

[–]superworkingPlatinum | QC: CC 86 | r/Pers.Fin.Cnd. 322 -1 points0
points1 point 16 hours ago (12 children)

Use it as a tool rather than as the one thing you keep all your money
in. Visa for example is one payment tool I use, it has benefits and
drawbacks but I can use other options when visa isn't the best.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 16 hours ago (11 children)

[deleted]

[–]superworkingPlatinum | QC: CC 86 | r/Pers.Fin.Cnd. 322 -1 points0
points1 point 16 hours ago (10 children)

Buying crypto with visa was always a stupid idea and shouldn't have
been allowed. You can't buy usd with visa either without paying cash
advance fees and exchange fees. Taxes paid in Canadian dollars will
always be forced on you, this would make it a smoother process if you
were dealing mostly in other blockchains.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 16 hours ago (9 children)

[deleted]

[–]superworkingPlatinum | QC: CC 86 | r/Pers.Fin.Cnd. 322 0 points1
point2 points 16 hours ago (8 children)

Visa isn't your money? And that's exactly why visa and Mastercard
don't work for all use cases.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 16 hours ago (7 children)

[deleted]

continue this thread

[–]MrSpaceCoolTin 0 points1 point2 points 13 hours ago (0 children)

Not much different to open banking in the Uk

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]daydreaming1980Tin 6 points7 points8 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

listening to WEF praising China for the lockdown measures, social
score systems, it is clear that central digital currencies will
complete a total surveillance.. It is a trojan horse .

theoretically you will be blocked spending wherever they let you
spend...although having money to spend anywhere,

That's why crypto, cryptography, privacy tools. p2p transactions. will
be of vital importance in the future..

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]astockstonkSilver|QC:CC594,ETH66,BTC41|CelsiusNet.257|TraderSubs29
23 points24 points25 points 1 day ago* (20 children)

CDBCs are our worst nightmare - the government can decide if, when,
where and how you spend your money.

Do something that the government doesn’t like and find your money
frozen or deleted.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TarkovRedditor 6 points7 points8 points 1 day ago (4 children)

I genuinely don’t understand why somebody would blindly trust their
government. Just because it’s working now? What about anywhere else on
the planet or the past?

As a German just the last 100 years are enough evidence for me to
always have my doubts

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PhallicSilver | QC: CC 378 | LINK 269 | TraderSubs 90 3 points4
points5 points 1 day ago (1 child)

That's the thing that blows my mind. Supporting total government
control isn't just saying you trust the current government to have
complete control over your life, it's saying you trust every future
administration, for the rest of your life, to have your best interests
in mind. A ridiculous stance.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]3utt5lut 0 points1 point2 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

Our current governments in North America, emphasize this. They have
blundered and pissed away future generations with extreme debt, and
we're going to trust them to not fuck this up as well?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 0 points1 point2
points 23 hours ago (1 child)

Most people feel that they have no choice but to trust their
government, even if they don’t blindly trust them

We’re living in a world where people who prefer a system without
government , or libertarians make up like what? Maybe 5 to 10% of the
entire population of a country, at most

The issue is also that all governments seem to be power hungry and
controlling, when almost everyone would prefer a government than to go
without one

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rayl24Platinum | QC: CC 40, BNB 20 | ExchSubs 22 1 point2 points3
points 1 day ago (5 children)

You mean the govt can't freeze your bank accounts or forfeit your
money right now?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]awesomepossum40Tin 1 point2 points3 points 23 hours ago (2 children)

Shhh. You'll break their hearts.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rayl24Platinum | QC: CC 40, BNB 20 | ExchSubs 22 1 point2 points3
points 23 hours ago (1 child)

I just find it weird the arguments against CBDC are powers the
government already has. Atleast with CBDC, the banks are out of the
picture and thus can't deny your purchase of crypto or just outright
fail.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]jbl1091Tin 0 points1 point2 points 20 hours ago (0 children)

The goverment can though

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]trancephorm 0 points1 point2 points 21 hours ago (0 children)

They can't take cash and crypto from us.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1Tim1_15 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

Yes, but not as easily or quickly. At least now there is a chance to
pull assets out before the govt can go through the bank and due
process. With a CBDC it would be instant and you'd have no chance to
pull out your assets.

The last thing you want to do is to make the process easier and faster
for the govt. They will abuse it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Flattorte 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

China paving the way and showing how a totalitarian hellscape is done

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TruthSeeekeerPlatinum | QC: CC 1034 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day
ago (2 children)

It’s easy to think “don’t break the law and you won’t have any
issues”, but Governments have a historical issue of becoming
tyrannical.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]astockstonkSilver|QC:CC594,ETH66,BTC41|CelsiusNet.257|TraderSubs29
0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

As an example, donate to the Canadian trucker strike not long ago and
the government doesn’t like it? All of a sudden you could find your
finances under freeze too

Or they program the CBDC so you cannot even donate to that group.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]the_far_yardStack a Sat, Stash a Gwei, Bull or Bear, D-C-A. -1
points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

They're funneling everything to create a larger set, to contain crypto
as a subset. Eventually for the masses, all of your ins and outs of
crypto will be done through CBDC.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Popular_District9072Tin | CRO 9 -1 points0 points1 point 22 hours
ago (0 children)

like in one article they were noting an example with possible
expiration dates, which would force spending, eliminating the option
to accumulate

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AusernamenamenameBronze 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (2 children)

They already can do that.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]trancephorm 0 points1 point2 points 21 hours ago (1 child)

Not exactly with cash and crypto. What they tend to do is to leave
only CBDCs. That will fail.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AusernamenamenameBronze 0 points1 point2 points 20 hours ago (0 children)

Yeah there's no way as an adult with responsibilities am I going to
consider going all cash or crypto. So the money I need for my bills
will always be subject to government intervention.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Neophyte-Silver | QC: CT 94, CC 83, ETH 31 | Buttcoin 39 2 points3
points4 points 19 hours ago (0 children)

i worked on the australian pilot doing some coding with their quorum blockchain

i find these posts amusing, its not taking your freedom away. ull be
using cbdc but u wont even know it, its mainly for financial
institutions to utilise it to make some existing financial operations
more efficient like fx settlement, b2b stuff not consumer oriented. no
avg citizen is going to be given a CBDC wallet with tokens to spend
lol

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]RuneW007Tin 10 points11 points12 points 1 day ago (6 children)

A cashless society could turn into a dictatorship pretty quickly if we
aren’t careful

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ArcosimSilver | QC: CC 51 | VET 22 | Technology 39 6 points7
points8 points 1 day ago (4 children)

When the government has the power to track your every move both online
and physically, dictate what you can and cannot buy and simultaneously
revoke/forfeit your money remotely, you lose all freedom.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cerebralsexerTin | CC critic 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (2 children)

They already do that no with bank accounts

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DATY4944Platinum | QC: CC 21 | ADA 12 | Investing 17 1 point2
points3 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Indirectly yes, but also you can still use cash if necessary.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]3utt5lut 2 points3 points4 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

As we saw during The Pandemic, some retailers stopped accepting cash
as legal tender. When you cannot use the most basic form of currency
to purchase goods and services, we lose total control.

We don't need more situations like Venezuela/Argentina controlling
their population's currencies while restricting access to others amid
hyperinflation. We're already seeing the government trying to control
where "you're allowed" to invest your money.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 0 points1 point2
points 23 hours ago (0 children)

With CBDCs the government essentially control the blockchain of that
coin - nobody else can see transactions, apart from the government who
can see everything

That’s pretty freakish if you think about it. But I guess considering
they’ve already been surveilling everyone in the background, this is
just a continuation of that ..

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CryptoScamee42069Bronze | QC: CC 22 0 points1 point2 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

So many societies already are. Some are more open and unapologetic and
others are thinly veiled in democratic process.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ArcosimSilver | QC: CC 51 | VET 22 | Technology 39 6 points7
points8 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Imagine getting paid after a lot of hard work, you want to buy
something you like and you get this message: "We're sorry, but your
social credit ins't enough to allow you to purchase this item, please
try again with items from another category. Have a nice day, and
remember to spend your money soon since your expiry date is in two
weeks."

That's exactly we're heading if CBDCs are implemented and enforced. An
Orwellian nightmare of absolute state level control.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ImtherealjohnconnerBronze | IOTA 38 | TraderSubs 25 1 point2
points3 points 22 hours ago (1 child)

If it's programmable to stop you at the POS, then we're in deepshit

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1Tim1_15 0 points1 point2 points 10 hours ago (0 children)

It would be programmable to do that. Of course, they wouldn't do it a
first. But eventually they'd enable such functionality "for our own
good."

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dwaas_Bjaas 1 point2 points3 points 19 hours ago (1 child)

CBDC are not the problem. The disappearance of physical cash is

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1Tim1_15 0 points1 point2 points 10 hours ago (0 children)

It's both.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]St0iK_invalid string or character detected 4 points5 points6 points
1 day ago (6 children)

Eventually there will be no cash. The government will see every single
financial transaction you make and trace that "money" everywhere it
goes.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TruthSeeekeerPlatinum | QC: CC 1034 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day
ago (1 child)

I suspect a lot of small businesses will struggle as a result, while
big businesses get even bigger.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]St0iK_invalid string or character detected 0 points1 point2 points
1 day ago (0 children)

Big business can always survive by buying out/pricing out the competition.

Small business with people who depend on cash or tips and don't report
all of it will suffer.

But of course the politicians will say it's to prevent rich people
from commiting fraud, like that $600/yr Venmo thing.

It's a scary thing to think about what they can do with CBDC, even
scarier to think what they actually will do that we hadn't thought
about.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]tvanbormTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Bitcoin already allows for that, as do most other crypto.

The difference with CBDC is they can potentially control how you are
allowed to use your money.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Popular_District9072Tin | CRO 9 0 points1 point2 points 22 hours
ago (0 children)

yea, that's rather dark future, plus printing new money will become so
much easier

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]3utt5lut 0 points1 point2 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

We've already phased out the penny in Canada, word is the nickel/dime
are next. Before long the quarter/dollar will be worth less than it
costs to mint and will be phased out as well. It's slowly coming and
people don't realize it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AnimeFlamingo 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Of course it is a danger. Banks want control, the see crypto as a
treat because they can’t control, they tried to delegitimize it and
failed, now they are trying to get direct control on a large portion
of the cake using their own currency.

They will bring a large number of newcomers sure, but wouldn’t it
defeat the purpose of crypto? A decentralized system?.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]falk_lhostePlatinum | QC: CC 33 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago
(0 children)

My greatest threat to freedom is my shitcoin gambling addiction 😂

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Maleficent_Sound_919Tin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

CBDC' are the end of freedom and privacy as we know it.

And because of this it's the government and central banks wet dream

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]zenhodl 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (2 children)

I'll just say this: start building a network of people you are
geographically close to and can trust, and work on becoming self
sufficient.

If the time comes where your options are: obey the globalists, or opt
out of the system... you want to actually be in a position where you
are able to make a choice

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 1 day ago (1 child)

[deleted]

[–]zenhodl 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Not even close to what I said. Brush up on your reading

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KnackeredParrotPain & Gainz 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (1 child)

I think however they sell it to us, there's going to be multiple
levels of shadiness either already baked in or possible in the future.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Popular_District9072Tin | CRO 9 -1 points0 points1 point 22 hours
ago (0 children)

they will sell it as convenience, but it will be a bullshit in disguise

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KappatalizablePlatinum | QC: CC 846 0 points1 point2 points 1 day
ago (1 child)

Yes. Imagine the government being able to prevent you from using your
own goddamn money at will.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1Tim1_15 -1 points0 points1 point 11 hours ago (0 children)

Then imagine a sizeable percentage of people supporting such a move.

A lot of them are in here (a crypto sub of all places). Smh.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]deathbyfish13Free Range Moon Farmer 0 points1 point2 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

    There is a privacy argument – that the government will see your
every transaction – and may be tempted to spy on you

Monero enters the chat

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]leroyyrogers -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

No

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ObsidianramBeware the JubJub & the Jaberwock 0 points1 point2
points 1 day ago (2 children)

The only upside to the evil of CBDCs is the fact that common people
outnumber the tyrant's by a huge margin, and can stop the madness at
any time of their choosing...

They just have to choose to do so...

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1Tim1_15 0 points1 point2 points 10 hours ago (1 child)

Yes but around half of the people support the tyrants. That's the real
problem. If they didn't keep electing tyrants we wouldn't have to be
concerned about this.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ObsidianramBeware the JubJub & the Jaberwock -1 points0 points1
point 10 hours ago (0 children)

That's true ~ but I think this latest fiasco of a so-called
administration has opened a lot of eyes for a lot of reasons. Not
there yet, but closer.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JoshieBravoTin | 6 months old 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

No! They can take your freedom anyway. Hitler didn't slowly erode
people's liberties over many years to establish his dictatorship he
acted very quickly. If your government leader wants an authoritarian
regime there is nothing you can do to prevent it CBDC or not, and like
in Canada they can freeze your bank account as is. Doesn't make much
of a difference even if it is slightly easier if it's a CBDC.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Illicitterror 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Yes when one’s finances are controlled there is no freedom.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]zenhodl 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Buy Monero

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SimbaTheWeaselBronze | QC: ALGO 18 1 point2 points3 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

XMR 🚀🚀📈🚀🚀

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Icy_Elevator_7886 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

100%! We must destroy them or refuse to use them! If they get in I
will use crypto, gold and other things as a store of value. There will
be a lot of people who begin to do this as CBDC's fascist for of
control become more apparent.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]chunkyme1001 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

YES!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]windripPlatinum | QC: BTC 25, CC 15 | EOS 11 | TraderSubs 10 0
points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Yes

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Klutzy_Might6146 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Yes.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]po1919Tin 0 points1 point2 points 23 hours ago (0 children)

Central banks themselves are one of the greatest threats to freedom.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Outrageous_Duty_8738 0 points1 point2 points 20 hours ago (0 children)

I think the biggest threat to our freedom today is the actual governments

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mellonfucker257 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Yes.

With great power comes great responsibility...

And I would'nt trust these bankers with anything, not even my
girlfriends husband

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SquiridaSilver | QC: CC 89, BTC 67, BCH 37 | MANA 33 | ExchSubs 19
-1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

They would not even be on the table if people weren't, on the whole,
irredeemably stupid. These guys can get away with anything. Take away
cash (as in Europe > 1000 Euros), take away banking/possibility of
life, etc. because the people are stupid.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ninja_Gogen -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

The biggest threat to freedom. Leaves us wide open to totalitarian government.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HannyBo9Platinum | QC: CC 45 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Yes. It will be the end.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]NinjanoelSilver | QC: CC 88, LW 58, r/CCs. 28 | ADA 117 | ExchSubs
24 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

it's building a jail around us, but right now we may be best buddies
with the jailer that we've voted in, but what happens when the jailer
changes to someone we don't want?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]zenhodl -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

It's digital enslavement. If your mental health is tied to your
ability to stay connected to the grid, work on changing that.

Humans were built with everything they needed yet are the only animal
that developed a system where they have to pay money to survive

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AlligatorDerbyPlatinum | QC: CC 103 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day
ago (1 child)

as long as privacy coins, p2p btc and crypto exist, it'll at least
offer some obfuscation from hyper surveillance.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]3utt5lut 2 points3 points4 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

Monero will definitely take off in the shadow of CBDCs.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 1 day ago (1 child)

[deleted]

[–]Splinterthemaster -1 points0 points1 point 18 hours ago (0 children)

Hmmm...would be interesting to see what a Cuban, North Korean and a
Venezuelan think about this.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sylsau -1 points0 points1 point 19 hours ago (0 children)

There's no need to ask a question here, it's a certainty.

We need to resist these CBDCs, which are a disaster because they
combine the shortcomings of fiat currencies with enormous privacy
risks.

We need to prepare for this now, by turning to alternative solutions
to protect the fruits of our labor.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]fl0o0psTin -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago (0 children)

100%

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]YetAnotherPenguin13 -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Yes

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BrocoliAssassinSilver | QC: BTC 218, CC 105 | CelsiusNet. 25 -2
points-1 points0 points 1 day ago (1 child)

America Land of the free!!!!!

    As long as your net worth is in the millions upon millions

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Splinterthemaster 0 points1 point2 points 18 hours ago (0 children)

Land of the free criminals (ask Sam Bankman Fried)

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]grathontolarsdatarodTin | Superstonk 216 -2 points-1 points0 points
1 day ago (0 children)

Yes. Without any doubt at all.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]coinfeeds-botApproved CC Bot -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

tldr; Central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) are being questioned as
a potential threat to freedom. The article discusses the rise of CBDCs
and their implications for individual privacy and financial autonomy.
It highlights concerns about increased government surveillance and
control over individuals' financial transactions. The article suggests
that CBDCs could potentially undermine personal freedoms and calls for
a careful examination of their impact on individual rights.

This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace
reading the original article. As always, DYOR.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MajorLeons -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Since this will come from the gov’t, they all have the power to
control it as they see fit, they wont even need your permission.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Hot_Manufacturer1442Tin -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (1 child)

Does a bear shit in the woods?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SimbaTheWeaselBronze | QC: ALGO 18 0 points1 point2 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

Usually

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Upstairs_Hospital_94Tin | 5 months old | Politics 18 -1 points0
points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

No

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]18476Silver | QC: CC 30, BTC 27 | GMEJungle 111 | Superstonk 364 -1
points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Greatest threat is the level of power the FED has as a private
institution. In bed with Banks. Progressively going the wrong
direction imo. This is just another step. Accountability is being
erased and replaced.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ColdColdMoonsSilver | QC: CC 23 | IOTA 34 | r/WSB 63 -1 points0
points1 point 23 hours ago (0 children)

Yes they are. CBDC + AI and robot armed police and armed forces will
mean one person can control the masses with absolute power.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]pentarhPlatinum | QC: BTC 28 -1 points0 points1 point 18 hours ago
(0 children)

Yes

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kapparrinoPlatinum | QC: CC 44, ALGO 38, BTC 19 | r/AMD 51 -1
points0 points1 point 18 hours ago (0 children)

.Yes.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]risingcrow1o1 -1 points0 points1 point 17 hours ago (0 children)

At first we though fiat was a loss of freedom because it’s controlled
by the banks, but now with CBDCs they can actually monitor EVERYTHING
as well as set limits on spending, deny spending all together, and
more

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]badfishbeefcake -1 points0 points1 point 13 hours ago (0 children)

Oh yeah, just wait until the politician who do insider trading stop
you from trading so they can get in or out first.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LifeBeginsAtArousalTin | Politics 12 -1 points0 points1 point 13
hours ago (0 children)

Yep. Bigger threat than communism and socialism put together

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]l-espionTin -1 points0 points1 point 12 hours ago (0 children)

Yes , cbdc will make sure you dirty slave stay slaving forever , eat
cricket and live in a pod , because you will own nothing and be happy

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Antana18 -1 points0 points1 point 9 hours ago (0 children)

In short: Yes!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OMFGROFLMAO2Platinum | QC: CC 30 -1 points0 points1 point 8 hours
ago (0 children)

I'm torn because as a dev I understand the power of having everything
interconnected and surveable, it can definitely push society to a new
technological level. On the other hand, your privacy disappears and
you become a slave of governments and corporations, although, you
already are... The question is, would it actually make a difference,
or the pros overcome the cons?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BernardsmanTin | LRC 36 | Superstonk 11 -1 points0 points1 point 7
hours ago (0 children)

Absolutely. Total regulatory control and the technology to enforce it

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 1 day ago (1 child)

[deleted]

[–]trancephorm 0 points1 point2 points 21 hours ago (0 children)

Well that was the finest defetism I've seen in a while.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MrCollins23Silver | QC: CC 23 | LRC 66 -2 points-1 points0 points 1
day ago (0 children)

It depends on how you define freedom, and the human race has been
arguing about that one for at least 5,000 years.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DeafEyeJediTin -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago (0 children)

What goes around, comes around!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]tied_lacesSilver | QC: CC 50 | ADA 290 -2 points-1 points0 points 1
day ago (0 children)

I mean…just don’t use them…problem solved.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ThomasReturnsPlatinum | QC: CC 564 | NFTsMarket. 6 -2 points-1
points0 points 21 hours ago (0 children)

I think its probably russia

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 1 day ago (2 children)

[deleted]

[+][deleted] 1 day ago (1 child)

[deleted]

[–]Goldbaerig 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Still contributing more than you to the topic.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]tvanbormTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Only if no one accepts different currencies.

As long as even just Bitcoin is accepted as payment option, it won't
be that much of a threat for those in crypto.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DukeThom 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Depends who ya ask I suppose. What’s good of the spider isn’t
necessarily good for the frog!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Chet_kranderpentinePlatinum | QC: CC 381 0 points1 point2 points 1
day ago (0 children)

People would quickly form barter markets and gift economies to get
around it. CBDCs are bad, but people would find ways to be crafty and
sidestep it

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Tasty_snacks 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

And you will not have access to view the blockchain either. Public
will run off one fork and the rest on a private. I work in CIT and i
am pushing these questions now, with little to no response.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]masedogg98 0 points1 point2 points 21 hours ago (0 children)

CBCDS will get no action from me I refuse, I’m already an anxious
person without worrying if I don’t spend my money if it’s going to
expire, fuggetaboutit 🤌

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LiwkeTin 0 points1 point2 points 17 hours ago (0 children)

Yes, but good luck and got nothing to worry about. Some people though…
maybe a good way to redistribute the wealth and get rid of money
laundering. Not bullish on cbdc’s but I’m seeing more good things
possible with it. Like a tool to get the CO2 plans to work, pay what
you pollute!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ThenScore2885Bronze | 6 months old 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours
ago (1 child)

I would feel much comfortable to use a gov backed CBDC rather than
shady USDT and equivalent. Do not mind tracking.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GrunblauPlatinum | QC: CC 410, BTC 71 | r/WSB 214 0 points1 point2
points 11 hours ago (0 children)

How about CBDC programmed to not buy crypto or precious metals?