FOIL # 2022-090627 Appeal

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Tue Jan 31 16:51:38 PST 2023

Dear Ms. Tomczak:

Thank you for your email.

Concerning the statement, "Nevertheless, I conducted a de novo search of
the Department’s records and found that the Department does not possess any
records regarding the Goldman Sachs’s investment in the One Million Black
Women project."

However, the New York City Small Business Opportunity Fund lists Goldman
Sachs and One Million Black Women as a funding sponsor:
https://sbsopportunityfund.nyc/.

The $75M fund is the largest in New York City's history. The website
states, "The Fund was created specifically for NYC small business owners,
developed and administered by local partners – including the NYC Department
of Small Business Services (SBS), Goldman Sachs’ One Million Black Women,
Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth, local Community Development
Financial Institutions (CDFIs – non-profit community-based financial
institutions), and local small business centers that understand your
community and customers."

How would New York City know of One Million Black Women but New York State
would have no records associated?

Warm regards,

Gunnar

Gunnar Larson