[ot][crazy] Mainstream AI news snippets

Sat Jan 21 05:00:02 PST 2023

https://github.com/hwchase17/langchain appears to be a python package
for using and managing pretrained language models that supports both
local and cloud (most of the examples are cloud) backends in a
pluggable manner. (github told me jay hack forked this. it is quite
popular and something similar had not previously turned up for me.)

looking at projects that use this is one way to find other useful
things, for example:

- https://github.com/namuan/dr-doc-search uses langchain and the paid
openai api to process books into trained systems that can answer
questions about their content

- https://github.com/hwchase17/chat-langchain uses the paid openai api
to produce a chatbot that answers questions about langchain’s
documentation

- https://github.com/jagilley/fact-checker is script that feeds
language model output back on itself so as to correct false
information

…