[ot][spam][crazy] in place sort of binary strings ie lines in a file

Thu Jan 19 13:28:02 PST 2023

> > then we can swap the sequences one at a time to reorder the data in place.
> here also we’ll need to be sure the ranges update when the swap happens

so different regions may go to different olaces, si in oython if the
data is held as a list of lists, the entries in the lists can be
swapped to propagate the references. the input and output data can
hold separate items, or identical items. it seems simplest if both
lists are swapped, for four total databchanges, but i suppose it makes
sense to only swap the inout list, which then represents how the data
currently is, and slowly turns into the output list …. i think? kind
of. i think a misordered output list.

a couple spots unchecked. seems reasonable to try to implement. happy
made progress thinking on. not sure ehat to do next.