FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 02:36:42 PST 2023

Ukrainian Activist Lauded By Western Media Says She Wants "All
Russians" To Be "Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth"

https://summit.news/2023/01/16/ukrainian-activist-lauded-by-western-media-says-she-wants-all-russians-to-be-wiped-off-the-face-of-the-earth/

A Ukrainian activist who has been lauded by legacy media outlets
called for “all Russians” to be “wiped off the face of the Earth.”

The genocidal remarks were made by blogger Melania Podoliak in
response to a missile hitting an apartment block in the Ukrainian city
of Dnepr.

The building was struck after a Russian missile was shot down by a
Ukrainian anti-air weapon, according to Aleksey Arestovich, an adviser
to President Vladimir Zelensky.

“It’s absolutely fair for me to wish for all Russians and Russia to be
wiped off the face of the Earth,” Podoliak tweeted.

“It’s not hate speech, it’s not horrible of me, it’s just FAIR,” she added.

    It’s absolutely fair for me to wish for all Russians and Russia to
be wiped off the face of the Earth. It’s not hate speech, it’s not
horrible of me, it’s just FAIR.

    14.01.2013, Dnipro, a residential building after Russian missile
attack. pic.twitter.com/4TPHYm13a8
    — Melaniya Podolyak (@MelaniePodolyak) January 14, 2023

Quite how it was “fair” for all Russians to be killed in response to
their government being embroiled in a war wasn’t explained by
Podoliak.

Her comments were flagged after it was noted that Podoliak has been
given a platform by numerous western legacy media outlets, including
on NBC News as a “political activist” and by Fox News as a “media
consultant.”

Critics accused Podoliak of being “pro-ethnic cleansing,” to which she
responded by tweeting swear words.

    Fuuuuuck you
    — Melaniya Podolyak (@MelaniePodolyak) January 14, 2023

After some respondents said they knew Podoliak’s home address, she
told them they were in for “a big fucking treat,” posting a photo of
herself holding a shotgun.

    Cool, now these bots threaten me by letting me know they have my address

    Well if you know that, you also know your in for a big fucking treat. Cya!

    (Unless you want to waste an entire missile on me, which is going
to change nothing for you, you’re still gonna get fuucked)
https://t.co/4iesIszNGw pic.twitter.com/EbRkD8krPp
    — Melaniya Podolyak (@MelaniePodolyak) January 15, 2023

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard such genocidal rhetoric.

As we previously highlighted, Ukrainian TV host Fahruddin Sharafmal
took to the airwaves to demand the genocide of Russian children,
quoting top Nazi Adolf Eichmann as he called for “killing children.”