US 2nd Amendment Under Assault, Freedom Firearms Guns Defense

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 01:00:33 PST 2023

Biden's unconstitutional nonsense grabs will fall to US Courts...

The ATF has finally unveiled its "final rule" regarding pistol braces.

https://twitter.com/GunOwners/status/1613986202302005249
https://www.gunowners.org/great-victory-gun-rights-activists-celebrate-as-trump-administration-pulls-stabilizing-brace-ban/
https://www.gunowners.org/na10042022/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsARzvLo7aE

This rule, also called "Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached
Stabilizing Braces," could result in serious criminal charges for
owners of up to 40 million guns if they do not register their braced
firearms with ATF.

    🚨BREAKING🚨

    The @ATFHQ just released @JoeBiden's unconstitutional pistol brace
ban that affects as many as 40,000,000 lawfully purchased firearms.

    Read the new rule here ⤵️https://t.co/dVWgf3isNo pic.twitter.com/6dYftjaDXQ
    — Gun Owners of America (@GunOwners) January 13, 2023

GOA's Legal & Federal Affairs team are currently going over the final
rule with a fine-toothed comb, but here's what we know so far.

According to the final rule, gun owners who possess braced firearms
will have 120 days to destroy, reconfigure, register, turn in their
firearms to ATF, or face NFA violations which include $250,000 in
fines and a hefty prison sentence.

In addition, ATF has released a list titled "Commercially available
firearms equipped with a stabilizing brace that are short-barreled
rifles."

ATF claims that the list is representative of how the agency will
apply the definition of "rifle" to firearms equipped with a
stabilizing brace.

The immediate logistics of this final rule have been called into
question by even the anti-gun corporate media. It is a well-known fact
that ATF's NFA division consistently misses its own performance
benchmarks and routinely sees wait times for ATF form approvals and
tax stamps in the 300-400 day range. If 40 million firearms are added
to that waitlist, it is logical to assume that gun owners forced to
comply with this unconstitutional registration scheme may wait years
in limbo.

But don't despair! Gun Owners of America is currently pursuing
multiple actions to defeat this unconstitutional ATF overreach on
America's 2nd Amendment Rights.

The first is to work with members of Congress to overturn the rule via
the Congressional Review Act.

The Congressional Review Act allows members of Congress to introduce a
Joint Resolution of Disapproval to reverse any agency rule or action
they deem unconstitutional.

Of course, if Congress doesn't cooperate, GOA will not give up. We are
prepared to file a lawsuit immediately and fight this subversion of
the lawmaking process in the court system.

Erich Pratt, Gun Owners of America's Senior Vice President, had this to say:

    "This administration continues to find new ways to attack gun
owners, and this time their target is brace-equipped firearms that
allow persons with disabilities to safely and effectively use pistols.
We will continue to work with our industry partners to amplify the
disapproving voices in the firearms industry, and the Gun Owners
Foundation, our sister legal arm, will be filing suit in the near
future."

Aidan Johnston, GOA's Director of Federal Affairs, added:

    "President Biden just initiated the largest federal gun
registration scheme in our nation's history without even the passage
of a new law. GOA is actively working with Congress to pass a
resolution blocking this rule under the Congressional Review Act, and
we continue to lobby lawmakers to support Rep. Clyde and Sen.
Marshall's Stop Harassing Owners of Rifles Today (SHORT) Act. If
President Biden will not sign such legislation, then Congress must
defund this rogue agency."

GOA has a history of overturning these unconstitutional rule changes.
In 2020, when the ATF under the Trump administration attempted to
regulate pistol braces, GOA rallied our members to take action. GOA
members flooded the proposed rule with comments. Because of this, ATF
abandoned its attempt and withdrew the rulemaking.

While GOA is prepared to take the ATF to court over this issue, we're
interested in cutting the ATF's ability to regulate Short Barreled
Rifles, Short Barreled Shotguns, and similar types of firearms.

To strip the ATF of its ability to regulate these types of firearms,
we're targeting the core of the issue, the National Firearms Act. The
outdated and unconstitutional NFA allows ATF the leeway to make these
unconstitutional rule changes. We're working with Senator Roger
Marshall of Kansas and Congressman Andrew Clyde of Georgia to pass the
SHORT Act, which would remove Short Barreled Rifles and Shotguns from
the NFA.

But we can't do it alone. We need your help fighting back against the
rogue ATF and the anti-gun Biden administration. Help us fight by
calling your Senators and Congress members and asking them to support
the SHORT Act and the Joint Resolution of Disapproval.