FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:59:07 PST 2023

Govts and Secret Globalism worldwide going all 1984 on your ass... revolt now.

BRBRBRBRBR...!
https://rumble.com/v25depn-exclusive-extreme-escalation-of-brazils-censorship-regime-system-update-22.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/26/world/americas/bolsonaro-brazil-supreme-court.html
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1614046335581229061.html
https://rumble.com/GGreenwald

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
2h
LIVE, in 15 minutes: Our exclusive report on a major escalation of
Brazil's censorship regime: a single Supreme Court judge has ordered
multiple Americans social media platforms to immediately ban
politicians and analysts or face massive fines:
rumble.com/v25depn-exclusive…
EXCLUSIVE: EXTREME ESCALATION OF BRAZIL'S CENSORSHIP REGIME | SYSTEM UPDATE #22

Thank you for watching this episode of SYSTEM UPDATE, now airing every
weeknight at 7pm ET. Subscribe and join us LIVE on Rumble:
https://rumble.com/c/GGreenwald Become part of our Locals community: h
rumble.com

Jan 13, 2023 · 11:46 PM UTC · Twitter Web App
730
2,213
267
7,804
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
2h
We will reveal the full order, which we've obtained exclusively: it's
truly shocking in its breadth and authoritarianism, with no rationale.
Just a command, accompanied by threats. As this thread illustrates,
it's a threat to internet freedom globally:
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
BREAKING: The censorship regime in Brazil is growing rapidly,
virtually daily now. We just obtained a censorship order that is
genuinely shocking, directing multiple social media platforms to
*immediately* remove numerous prominent politicians and commentators.
Show this thread
100
355
12
1,833
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
2h
We'll interview at least one of the Brazilian commentators who is the
subject of this order. The just has ordered his decision be kept
secret. The censored analyst had no idea these platforms were ordered
to ban him until we called. The key context:
nytimes.com/2022/09/26/world…
To Defend Democracy, Is Brazil’s Top Court Going Too Far?

Brazil’s Supreme Court has acted as the primary check on President
Jair Bolsonaro’s power. Now many are worried the court is posing its
own threat.
nytimes.com
113
286
10
1,535
Greg Drew @SchwerbTheHerb
1h
Replying to @ggreenwald
How is a single judge so powerful, seems like he pulls the strings of
a shadow gov in Brazil?
4
1
20
more replies
Jonathan Kogan @Kogz
1h
Replying to @ggreenwald @chrispavlovski
What a time to be alive! Crazy to watch this happen in real-time…

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
We're incredibly excited to announce the debut of @SystemUpdate_ -- to
air nightly, live, Monday-Friday at 7 pm ET -- exclusively on Rumble.
Our first live show will be this Monday, December 12, featuring an
interview with @Mtaibbi and other topics and guests:👇
398
1,243
92
6,210
351,057
Show this thread
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
1h
Starting now, LIVE:
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
1h
LIVE, in 15 minutes: Our exclusive report on a major escalation of
Brazil's censorship regime: a single Supreme Court judge has ordered
multiple Americans social media platforms to immediately ban
politicians and analysts or face massive fines:
rumble.com/v25depn-exclusive…
Show this thread
207
142
8
806
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
1h
LIVE, in 15 minutes: Our exclusive report on a major escalation of
Brazil's censorship regime: a single Supreme Court judge has ordered
multiple Americans social media platforms to immediately ban
politicians and analysts or face massive fines:
rumble.com/v25depn-exclusive…
EXCLUSIVE: EXTREME ESCALATION OF BRAZIL'S CENSORSHIP REGIME | SYSTEM UPDATE #22

Thank you for watching this episode of SYSTEM UPDATE, now airing every
weeknight at 7pm ET. Subscribe and join us LIVE on Rumble:
https://rumble.com/c/GGreenwald Become part of our Locals community: h
rumble.com
615
1,924
235
6,642
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
1h
We will reveal the full order, which we've obtained exclusively: it's
truly shocking in its breadth and authoritarianism, with no rationale.
Just a command, accompanied by threats. As this thread illustrates,
it's a threat to internet freedom globally:
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
BREAKING: The censorship regime in Brazil is growing rapidly,
virtually daily now. We just obtained a censorship order that is
genuinely shocking, directing multiple social media platforms to
*immediately* remove numerous prominent politicians and commentators.
Show this thread
80
327
9
1,641
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
1h
We'll interview at least one of the Brazilian commentators who is the
subject of this order. The just has ordered his decision be kept
secret. The censored analyst had no idea these platforms were ordered
to ban him until we called. The key context:
nytimes.com/2022/09/26/world…
To Defend Democracy, Is Brazil’s Top Court Going Too Far?

Brazil’s Supreme Court has acted as the primary check on President
Jair Bolsonaro’s power. Now many are worried the court is posing its
own threat.
nytimes.com
97
258
9
1,352
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
BREAKING: The censorship regime in Brazil is growing rapidly,
virtually daily now. We just obtained a censorship order that is
genuinely shocking, directing multiple social media platforms to
*immediately* remove numerous prominent politicians and commentators.
3,913
11,182
2,691
43,207
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
I can't overstate how shocking and dangerous this new censorship order
is. It's from the same judge that even the NYT has been warning about
as authoritarian: Alexandre de Moraes. Read this NYT article. It was
from September. It's now severely escalating:
nytimes.com/2022/09/26/world…
To Defend Democracy, Is Brazil’s Top Court Going Too Far?

Brazil’s Supreme Court has acted as the primary check on President
Jair Bolsonaro’s power. Now many are worried the court is posing its
own threat.
nytimes.com
299
2,159
124
10,174
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
A sign of how repressive the situation in Brazil is: I've had to spent
hours with lawyers even figuring out if I can report this. I've
confronted governments around the world and this is the only time I've
ever asked: "Should I report on this? Can I safely criticize this
judge?"
363
1,804
150
9,870
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
But the only reason to become a journalist is to do your job no matter
the threats and risks. We'll be on live on Rumble with our
@SystemUpdate_ program at its regular time - 7pm ET - to report this
and explain the immense dangers of it. It's stunning.
50
535
13
3,781
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
Below is the 2nd article from the NYT on the dangers of this judge's
censorship powers, from Oct. I've never seen a judge in any democracy
with this level of power. He's become a venerated hero of the
Brazilian left, feared and off-limits from criticism
nytimes.com/2022/10/21/world…
To Fight Lies, Brazil Gives One Man Power Over Online Speech

Brazilian authorities granted the country’s elections chief broad
power to order the takedown of online content in a bid to combat
soaring misinformation ahead of this month’s election.
nytimes.com
93
764
40
3,793
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
For the crime of criticizing this Judge - once hated by the Brazilian
left as part of a "coup" government until this shocking censorship
splurge - I was branded as "pro-terrorist" on Tuesday, trending for
days. The climate here is like 9/11: "with us or with the Terrorists."
65
571
15
3,372
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
The censorship regime implemented in Brazil makes the US and EU look
like bastions of liberty. *Ten* members of Congress - including some
with the nation's highest vote totals - have been banned by this judge
from social media even though the platforms say they violated no rules
64
685
32
3,493
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
This is not confined to Brazil. Just as Brazilian prosecutors copied
the US's indictment of Assange to try to imprison me for my reporting,
this censorship model implemented in Brazil will be used by other
countries to bar all dissent. It's a bridge too far even for the NYT.
87
593
8
3,412
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
But the breadth and scope of this order -- directing multiple
platforms to immediately ban multiple politicians and analysts *within
two hours,* upon threats of major fines - brings this to an all new
level. Join us tonight, 7pm ET, for our live coverage
rumble.com/GGreenwald
Glenn Greenwald

Browse the most recent videos from channel "Glenn Greenwald" uploaded
to Rumble.com
rumble.com
55
433
8
2,414
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
2h
What right does a Brazilian judge have to order foreign platforms to
ban politicians and journalists from their platform and threaten them
with massive fines if they don't censor on command? Alexandre de
Moraes is now making himself Chief Censor not only of Brazil but the
world.
399
885
114
3,639
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
2h
The liberal-left is in the US is filled with homophobia. The minute a
gay man dissents from their orthodoxy, they invoke the oldest anti-gay
trope: he's a pedophile. Ed Oswald is getting sued for defamation with
great speed. Not even the ACLU thinks this is free speech:
This tweet is unavailable
68
98
5
812
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
Quem defende um princípio não está do lado de nenhuma facção política.
Um princípio não serve à esquerda ou à direita. Um princípio, por
definição, tem aplicação universal. Aqueles que não conseguem
raciocinar com princípios sempre assumem que todos sofrem da mesma
incapacidade
588
920
110
7,042
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
Os princípios - como os direitos - não têm partido. Podem ajudar a
esquerda um dia, a direita no dia seguinte. Por exemplo, o princípio
de que o Estado não pode punir um cidadão sem julgamento justo um dia
pode libertar o Lula. No dia seguinte, proteger um bolsonarista.
22
111
3
1,601
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
Mas o próprio princípio – o direito a um julgamento justo, liberdade
de expressão, limites ao poder judicial – serve e protege a sociedade
inteira. Isso é o que diferencia os princípios do poder corrupto. O
fascismo e o autoritarismo só são possíveis na ausência de princípios.
41
164
10
1,878
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
3h
Uma das coisas que vcs nunca vão me ver dizendo é “direitos humanos
para humanos direitos”. Defendo o direito de todos: dos Trumpistas,
petistas, dos “terroristas" em Guantanamo, dos Bolsonaristas, todos.
São nesses princípios que eu acredito. É isso que eu vou defender
sempre