More on the RSA crack by new quantum approach paper

Tue Jan 10 01:24:39 PST 2023

Personally I feel like I can think a little more clearly about almost
everything after reading Peter’s latest reply, and I’m worried our
spam could tax people who say these things.

I recognize those laws from when people mentioned them more
frequently, years ago. It’s nice to remember their opposites are not
true.

I am not a cryptographer, but it sounds like it makes ideal sense to
encrypt thricely in layers: asymmetrically, lattice-based, and with
rijndael-256, and such that none of the cryptosystems are securing the
keys of the others. I call it “multiple locks rather than multiple
doors”: combining algorithms in such a way that all must be broken to
get through. I remember seeing an ssl break result from stacking
algorithms with dependency rather than strength.