USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 19:59:16 PST 2023

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
We're incredibly excited to announce the debut of @SystemUpdate_ -- to
air nightly, live, Monday-Friday at 7 pm ET -- exclusively on Rumble.
Our first live show will be this Monday, December 12, featuring an
interview with @Mtaibbi and other topics and guests:👇
323
1,167
85
5,615
267,172
Show this thread
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
9h
BREAKING: Pro-Bolsonaro protesters have invaded the National Congress
(the Senate Building), also outside of the presidential palace. News
is very breaking, hard to know how many there are. Lula is not in
Brasília but in São Paulo due to heavy storms there.
573
1,422
285
5,553
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
9h
This pictures gives a bit clearer a picture of how many protesters are
on the roof of the Congressional building. You can see more images on
@CNNBrasil live: piped.kavin.rocks/watch?v=3OLsCwoq…
74
217
17
1,118
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
8h
Also now images and reports that protesters have -- in addition to
entering the Congress -- also broke doors and windows to enter the
Supreme Court building (a major source of anger for Bolsonaro
supporters) as well as the presidential palace.
65
215
24
1,026
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
8h
Remember that Jair Bolsonaro himself left Brazil on the last day of
his presidency for the US, where he is living in the house of an
ex-MMA fighter in Orlando. He has yet to comment on these events one
way or the other: has commented on very little since the election.
157
246
42
1,305
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
6h
Lula now giving a nationally televised press conference about the
invasions of the three branches of government in Brasília, calling
them "fascists," warning that "all with pay under force of law,"
announced he signed a decree ordering federal forces to restore order.
160
175
31
811
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
4h
Brazilian authorities have secured control of all government
buildings. At least 170 people are arrested, though that number is
certain to rise. No reports of deaths, but widespread property
destruction inside Supreme Court and Presidential Palace.
Ale Santos
75
192
18
732
68,005
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
4h
One of the questions is extent of the involvement of political and
security officials in the Federal District. Lula's office itself
couldn't be reached because of special security doors, but here is
destruction of his cabinet area in presidential palace:
GloboNews
@GloboNews
4h
Ministro das Comunicações, Paulo Pimenta, mostra destruição nos
gabinetes do Palácio do Planalto, sede do governo Lula. "Olha o que os
vândalos fizeram aqui! O caos. Inacreditável. São marginais". ➡
Assista à #GloboNews COM SINAL ABERTO - glo.bo/39WjXAu
65
79
2
337
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
13h
When left-wing activists tried to get the House Progressive Caucus and
Squad to refuse to vote for Pelosi until they got real concessions,
this is the same lie the Squad and its media spokespeople used: If we
withhold our votes, McCarthy will be Speaker. One side fell for it:
Greg Price
@greg_price11
Jan 7
I was reliably informed that the 20 R's were grandstanders who were
going to get a Dem elected Speaker. Instead, they negotiated a Church
Cmte, single subject bills, 3 Freedom Caucus members on the Rules
Cmte, a plan to balance the budget, and McCarthy still ended up
Speaker.
Show this thread
48
276
9
1,393
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
13h
These are the things the Squad said when they were trying to get
progressives and leftists to vote for them. When is the last time they
said any of this, let alone did any of it? Nobody is more harmless and
less disruptive than they:
The Recount
@therecount
13h
Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) says "temporary conflict" you saw this week was a
good thing: "Some of the tensions you saw on display when we saw some
of the interactions there between Mike Rogers and Matt Gaetz, we need
a little of that, we need a little of this breaking the glass ..."
Show this thread
64
207
4
1,354
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
13h
Neocons are in their usual posture, the one they've been in for
decades: demanding CIA/NSA/FBI be revered not scrutinized, accusing
anyone who wants to limit their power of being opposed to America,
"cops," and Our Noble CIA Patriots. Only thing that changed is their
party:🌊
David Frum
@davidfrum
13h
MAGA wants to use Congress to harass cops because the defeat of
President Trump deprived them of the ability to pardon crooks
Show this thread
51
264
5
1,361
Glenn Greenwald retweeted
Nuance Bro @NuanceBro
Jan 7
Jimmy Dore was right but the House progressives just gave their vote
to Pelosi without a fight. Republicans like @mattgaetz showed em how
it’s done
Matt Orfalea @0rf
Jan 6
What’s happening now + #ForceTheVote 2020 is exposing a lot of posers on Twitter
22
167
8
950
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
14h
In 2020, House Progressives and the incredibly radical Squad had
exactly the same opportunity as House conservatives had. House
conservatives defied Leadership to get major concessions to empower
them and their agenda. House progressives did what they were told and
got nothing:
Kshama Sawant
@cmkshama
Jan 7
It's deeply unfortunate it was the right wing who've shown how to
fight for something in Congress. The Squad, also the Progressive
Caucus headed by Jayapal, have utterly failed - refused - to use their
leverage to stand up to Dem establishment & win ANY gains for working
people.
179
648
46
3,532
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
14h
The reason the Squad and House Progressives never defy Pelosi or
anyone else is because they have a pathetic partisan media --
@TheYoungTurks and @SamSeder -- who defend their harmlessness and
venerate partisan subservience. Read @briebriejoy:
Briahna Joy Gray
@briebriejoy
Jan 7
The argument that the squad would have forced the vote if Jimmy Dore
had centered a better "ask" is an embarrassing admission that the
squad chose to outsource their political strategy to a podcaster
instead of leveraging their votes to do literally anything they
wanted.
Show this thread
19
64
5
767
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
14h
If these Dem Party loyalists who pretend to be leftists or whatever
had even the slightest integrity, they'd apologize to @jimmy_dore,
@briebriejoy, etc., because Gaetz & Co. just proved how politics works
when you care more about your constituents than head-pats from the
DNC.
49
275
9
1,591
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
14h
Month ago, @RepMTG used the leverage she had to make McCarthy
acknowledge the power she had among their base and vow to respect it.
Gaetz & Co. got real concessions that make the House way more
democratic, with vital reforms like this. That's using power:
Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
Jan 7
. at TuckerCarlson suggested forming a new “Church Committee.” @GOPLeader
is making this happen in the House rules package. I’ll serve on it,
and we will go wherever the evidence leads us.
16
89
1
752
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
14h
Having a heavily resourced Church Committee 2 with real political will
to expose and prevent the US Security State from interfering in
domestic politics can be a game-changer. Avoid the mistakes of the
first one, that got neutered. Work with Dems, like @IlhanMN, who are
serious.
24
55
3
660
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
14h
Those who need to be kept off the Church Committee -- and all
committees -- are those who are agents of and liars for the US
Security State: @RepAdamSchiff and @EricSwalwell. Omar was the *first*
after 1/6 to warn against a new domestic War on Terror.
thedailybeast.com/after-the-…
The Last Thing We Need Is Another War on Terror

The U.S. government does not need new domestic terrorism laws to stop
white insurrectionists. It needs the will to confront a violent and
deeply American legacy on the march.
thedailybeast.com
20
172
5
1,075
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
14h
As long as the Squad and HPC have a small army of YouTube hosts and
various pseudo-left writers to defend everything they do, most will
remain captive to the Biden WH, Schumer and Jeffries. They're gone:
pointless and empty partisans. Work with anyone serious about these
reforms.
11
59
1
614
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
14h
Also, don't forget how establishment voices lied as always: In
desperate fear-mongering mode: if you allow just a few days of debate
over who should be House Speaker, Iran and China will attack and our
society will fall!😱 They're jokes, always protecting establishment
power.
21
148
6
1,317
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
14h
The reason they were petrified by 5 days of debate is they don't want
anyone seeing how DC really runs: in backrooms, with establishment
leaders of both parties in full harmony with lobbyists, keeping
everything churning with no debate or transparency.
rumble.com/v2429yi-congress-…
Congress Closes Third Day With No Speaker: Who holds power in
Washington? | SYSTEM UPDATE #16

Thank you for watching this episode of SYSTEM UPDATE, now airing every
weeknight at 7pm ET. Subscribe and join us LIVE on Rumble:
https://rumble.com/c/GGreenwald Become part of our Locals community: h
rumble.com
39
273