Cryptocurrency: Action - Join Digi Currency Trade Alliance - Bleat Args At US Congress

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 20:25:38 PST 2023

Change the script, argue for Freedom, Privacy, Transparent Exchanges,
Privacy Coins, DEX, Alternate Currencies...

https://joindcta.org/

Stop the SEC attack on crypto - email congress today using our free
tool! (self.CryptoCurrency)

submitted 5 hours ago by DCTAorg☑️ DCTA Official

and call them on Monday...

Hi r/cryptocurrency!

Many of you know about the Digital Currency Traders Alliance (DCTA) -
we are a nonprofit coalition of retail investors, consumers, traders,
businesses, and thought leaders in the Digital Currency space focused
on ensuring the future of digital currency is equitable and open to
all.

Our latest project is DCTA’s #StoptheSEC Action Days 2023, aimed at
getting cryptocurrency consumers engaged in the national legislative
process in order to reign in the SEC. Our goal is to connect consumers
with their federal representatives so they can communicate how much
the SEC has hurt their investments.

As you all know, the SEC continues to refuse to proactively issue
regulatory guidance for the sector and instead prefers to set policy
through enforcement actions. This doesn’t help consumers - the SEC’s
inaction harms us by not tackling bad actors when it is needed and
their overreaction after the fact.

Take 30 seconds out of your day and contact Congress using our free
and easy tool at https://joindcta.org/advocacy/stop-the-sec/.

It will directly connect you with your representatives and even
includes a sample script for you to use.

we (the Digital Currency Traders Alliance) are working with some of
the members of the California Legislature on legislation to help
reduce scam / fraudulent projects, with a specific focus on pump and
dumps, account hacks, and phishing attempts.

The legislators we are working with asked us to gather some examples
of how you, everyday users, have been impacted or fallen victim to
these kinds of scams.

We are reaching out to hear your stories and experiences -.thank you
in advance for your help.

levels aimed at the digital currency sector, the Digital Currency
Traders Alliance (DCTA) has launched its Legislative Advocacy Portal,
which will allow consumers to track and get updates on crypto
legislation at the federal and state level.

The Advocacy Portal Automatically tracks who their state and federal
representatives are and allows them to automatically send their
representatives a letter and a link to the DCTA Legislative Crypto
Consumer Handbook, which outlines best practices for protecting
consumers when legislators are considering crypto currency
regulations.

Right now, we have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for retail
cryptocurrency consumers to organize and speak up as our government
creates the foundation for how the crypto and blockchain sector will
be regulated for decades to come.

It is imperative that your voice is heard and recognized in the
legislative process!

Go to https://joindcta.org/ today to let your lawmakers hear from you!

The Digital Currency Traders Alliance is looking to expand its team!
(self.CryptoCurrency)

submitted 5 months ago by DCTAorg☑️ DCTA Official

Hey everyone! This post is for those of you that are looking for an
opportunity to get involved in the politics of this emerging sector!

The Digital Currency Traders Alliance is looking for
volunteers/interns (the entire team is all volunteers right now) to
help with social media and communications.

Some of the duties for the position are as follows:

    Assist staff with implementing DCTA’s 2022 Strategic Plan
    Assist with updating and maintaining DCTA’s social media presence, including
        Reddit
        Discord
        Twitter
        Instagram
        TikTok.
    Assist with additional administrative tasks as necessary

We are looking to bring on several individuals to assist us. If you
feel you can only accomplish part of the listed duties we would still
ask that you apply.

Skills Needed:

    Deep knowledge of social media platforms and insight into content
that performs best on each platform.
    Familiarity with crypto/blockchain blogs and resources, including
Twitter personalities, crypto subreddits, and Discord channels.
    Basic knowledge of the cryptocurrency and blockchain sectors.
    Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space.
    An effective communicator, both written and oral.
    Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and
community contacts.
    Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented,
ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
    Enthusiasm for the mission of DCTA and the consumers we serve.

We are looking for applicants who are interested in working hard, but
most importantly working hard for a cause that matters and in a place
they can really make a difference in the crypto policies shaping our
country moving forward.

Applicants should support the goals of the Digital Currency Traders
Alliance. This position will require 8-12 hours per week and
College/University credit is available.

Who We Are

The Digital Currency Traders Alliance is a nonprofit coalition of
retail investors, consumers, traders, businesses, and thought leaders
in the Digital Currency space founded by a team of California-based
lobbyists and public policy experts.

Our mission at DCTA is to ensure that the future of digital currency
trading is equitable and open to all by educating policymakers about
the digital currency sector, promoting consumer protections, and
giving a voice to everyday consumers. We want to ensure that
decision-makers have the knowledge that they need to craft and adopt
regulations and best practices that appropriately balance growth and
innovation with robust consumer protections.

For more information or to submit a resume for consideration please
email: [nate at joinDCTA.org](mailto:Nate at joinDCTA.org).

I know a lot of folks here are pretty anti-regulation/government. But
I can’t help but think how some pretty basic regulations could have
helped reduce the severity of the recent meltdown and the contagion
from Terra > Celsius > other big funds/service providers. Things like
mandatory disclosures to users, rules for use of held customer funds,
protections for bankruptcy, or deposit insurance a la FDIC.

So I did a quick writeup on some of the pros and cons of regulating
crypto and look at what that future might look like and what the
legislators we’ve been talking to are actually trying to regulate. To
be clear: right now U.S. regulators are mainly focused on regulating
centralized service providers like Celsius. Most regulators know
enough to know that they have little control over what actually
happens on-chain, so the current focus is on businesses that provide
services off-chain that can be regulated (if they want to operate in a
given jurisdiction)

Downsides of regulation

    Increased compliance burden - service providers would have to be
licensed and provide more thorough insight into operations and data.
This will result in costs passed down to users, and may also prevent
smaller players from being able to operate.

    Restricted services - similar to how Celsius restricted Earn to
accredited investors (prior to their meltdown) or how Coinbase/COMP’s
fixed APR products were killed last year, we would undoubtedly see
restrictions on what services providers can offer in the first place.

    Stifling innovation - the above two points add up to big burdens
for small players that would likely stop many small teams from being
able to operate.

Upsides of regulation

    Preventing Bad Actors - team filings and mandatory disclosures
(risks, marketing, influencers, token issuance, etc) would make it
harder for anonymous teams to manipulate markets and run rug
pulls/PnDs.

    Tax Clarity - it’s hard to imagine worse tax law for crypto than
we have now. Letting users make small transactions and taxing
mining/staking/airdrops when disposed would eliminate a lot of tax
headache.

    User protections - codifying things like bankruptcy protections,
customer service/uptime requirements, user privacy/security standards,
etc. The Lummis-Gillibrand RFIA had provisions for this included.

    Green-lighting innovation - regulatory clarity would give many
businesses the confidence needed to expand and invest in U.S.
operations. This could help offset the loss from other businesses that
are driven away due to regulation.

    Widespread adoption - not everyone is technical enough to interact
with DeFi and manage their wallets safely. Entities like Celsius were
a great way to onboard nontechnical users, assuming they were safe and
had proper user protections.

Check out the full post here: https://joindcta.org/crypto-regulations-pros-cons/

Sure, there are going to be some growing pains, and there’s always the
chance that regulators get this wrong and we end up stuck with some
bad laws. This is why we want to make it easy for crypto users to
track crypto legislation and contact their reps. Legislators
absolutely will listen to us if we make enough noise together, and now
is the time to make sure our rights as users are codified as the first
real crypto laws are written. It's also a great time to let reps know
how important this issue is going into midterms. Check out
https://joindcta.org/advocacy/ if you want to learn more and make your
voice heard.

We want to make this a useful resource - are there any pros/cons of
regulation we forgot to mention above? What are your biggest concerns
as crypto starts to get regulated?

Stop the SEC attack on crypto - email congress today using our free
tool! by DCTAorg in CryptoCurrency

[–]DCTAorg[S] 2 points 5 hours ago

we've got a lot of requests over the last few days to do an
international Call to Action.
We're working on the plan right now!

    save