USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 23:01:42 PST 2023

Oops, head in sand Biden...

President Joe Biden on Thursday will give remarks over a high-altitude
Chinese balloon that ***his administration watched take off from
China***, traverse the United States - including over sensitive
nuclear facilities, before it was shot down off the coast of South
Carolina.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/feb/6/us-tracked-chinese-spy-balloon-start-held-attack-n/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Geospatial-Intelligence_Agency
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Space_Force
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea-based_X-band_Radar

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11742875/U-S-military-shoots-unidentified-object-Lake-Huron-three-days.html
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-may-give-speech-balloon-unidentified-objects-source-2023-02-15/

Biden Delivers Remarks On Balloon, UFOs

President Joe Biden on Thursday will give remarks over a high-altitude
Chinese balloon that his administration watched take off from China,
traverse the United States - including over sensitive nuclear
facilities, before it was shot down off the coast of South Carolina.

Biden will also discuss three other unidentified objects shot down by
US fighter jets over North America, two sources tell Reuters.

Watch Live:

Thursday's comments mark the most substantial made by the US president
since the Chinese spy balloon was shot down on February 4 - which
Biden said was "not a major breach."

Including the first balloon, the US Air Force shot down four objects
over the span of eight days, prompting the head of NORAD (North
American Aerospace Defense Command) said that the Pentagon can't rule
out that a spate of unidentified objects shot out of the sky over the
past week might be extraterrestrial in nature.

"I'll let the intel community and the counterintelligence community
figure that out. I haven't ruled out anything," said US Air Force
General Glen VanHerck, who oversees NORAD, during a Sunday press
briefing at the Pentagon. "At this point we continue to assess every
threat or potential threat, unknown, that approaches North America
with an attempt to identify it."

    VanHerck said that, unlike the Chinese spy balloon, all three UFOs
gunned down over the weekend were of a similar size and speed.

    He added that the since the Chinese balloon was found in late
January, the US adjusted its radar so it could track slower objects.
He explained that this radar adjustment, plus the heightened state of
alert following the Chinese balloon, explains the frequency of UFO
sightings. -Daily Mail

"With some adjustments, we've been able to get a better categorization
of radar tracks now," said VanHerck. "'and that's why I think you're
seeing these, plus there's a heightened alert to look for this
information."

The Air Force general added that after the Chinese balloon incident,
the US had to adjust its radar to be able to track slower objects -
which explains the spate of new UFO sightings and takedowns. This
prompted concerns that the US Air Force may have missed untold numbers
of UFOs in the past.

"The last 72 hours revealed to the public what was happening for
years, unidentified aircraft routinely operating over restricted US
airspace," tweeted Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL). "This is why I pushed to
take this seriously and created a permanent UAP task force two years
ago."

Of note, a June report to Congress in 2021 noted 144 sightings by US
military aviators dating back to 2004 - one of which was attributed to
a large, deflating balloon. The rest were beyond the government's
ability to explain without more analysis. Meanwhile, 366 additional
sightings were noted in a January report from the Office of the
Director of National Intelligence - though most of them were things
like drones, birds, balloons or other airborne clutter.