Cryptocurrency: Quit Simping For Government

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:37:33 PST 2023

You are free to do WHATEVER YOU WANT with your money and the state has
NO BUSINESS interfering with this fundamental right (self.Bitcoin)

by HumbleBitcoinPleb

This is one of Bitcoin's main value proposition.

Your money is your money and you can do whatever you want with it.
Same goes with any other of your private property, for example your TV
or your coffee table. If you want to exchange your bottle of water for
an apple with someone else, who is anyone to say that you can't?

You might be wondering...

What if you want to do something illegal with your money? For example:
hiring a hitman to kill an innocent person?

Then this is how it should be:

You hire a hitman. Someone finds out. You get punished (you go to jail
or you get killed in revenge by a victim's family member).

This is how it should NOT be:

You ask the state permission to spend your money. You demonstrate to
the state with paperwork that you're not going to use this money for
illegal purposes. Then you go ahead and hire the hitman anyway using
cash or any other method.

See the difference?

Let me give you another example:

Imagine the state wants to reduce rape cases. In order to do that,
they pass a bill stating that going forward every time two persons
want to engage in a sexual relationship they need to fill out a
government form stating that they both consent to this act. If you
have sex without filling out this form, you're commiting a crime.

Do you see how ridiculous this is?

This is exactly what they do with your money whenever you want to send
a wire transfer of $20k to someone else. You need to "ask permission"
first.

Please stop simping for the governmet to make bitcoin legal tender.
The entire point of bitcoin is that we don't need government's
permission to use our money.

    56 comments
    share
    save
    hide
    report

all 56 comments
sorted by:
best
Want to add to the discussion?

Post a comment!

[–]HurricaneHarvey7 22 points 7 hours ago

I love how some people get mad at me for saving in a currency of my
choice. Like, they are extremely offended by it. It's hilarious.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]RonPaulWasR1ght 4 points an hour ago

Ever go onto the r/Wallstreetsilver sub? They are like, INSANELY
jealous of Bitcoin. They are letting it live in their heads rent
effing free. They love to threw terms around like "crypto baggies",
they make no distinction between crypto and Bitcoin.

Yeah, it's real. People get mad because you want to save in what you
want. It just kind of reaffirms that this is the way.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Umpire_State_Bldgredditor for 3 months 18 points 8 hours ago

You're going to love CDBC. /s

Bankers, not elected officials will run the CDBC money. They will soon
dictate: * How much you are allowed to be paid * From whom you are
allowed to be paid * Where you are allowed to spend * Which kinds of
things you are allowed to buy * Whether you're allowed to participate
in the economy at all (suppose you said something on-line and they
didn't like it, like this post I'm typing, for example)

CDBC money will have expiration dates. For example, spend it within 9
weeks or lose it. You'll never be able to save up for anything; they
won't let you.

Eventually, it will get to the point where if they catch you trying to
resist, they'll banish from the economy with the click of a button.

I'm talking about real tyranny by actual sociopaths with ultimate
power. Do you know what "sociopath" means? You and everybody you know
will become the "property" of the most uncaring, cruel, and selfish
people. They will violate all of your rights, at will, even your right
to life if it suits them.

Do you want to be stuck in such a situation?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]x2c3v4b5 6 points 4 hours ago

Bitcoin is freedom money. People in Nigeria are already rejecting the
use of CBDCs there and they are destroying fiat trashcoin ATMs. Long
live Bitcoin, fuck 99.9999% of all crypto-trash projects and fuck fiat
proof-of-stake virtual/shitcoin that can be printed to infinite.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]whitslack 0 points an hour ago

    they are destroying fiat trashcoin ATMs.

I suspect they're destroying Bitcoin ATMs as well. Mob mentality is
not so discriminating.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]x2c3v4b5 1 point an hour ago

I don’t know if they are destroying Bitcoin ATMs because the Nigerians
are trying to resist the CBDCs and actually use Bitcoin instead since
the CBDCs have several rules and limitations such as how much you can
use and when whereas Bitcoin is permissionless and censorship
resistant.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]godofleet 9 points 6 hours ago

CBDCs are the "guilty until proven innocent" of money.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]rtheiss 6 points 7 hours ago

So anyway I started blastin’

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Big_Papa_Bear_ 1 point 6 hours ago

CBDC. Central bank digital currency. Not CDBC. Keep spreading the message man!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Umpire_State_Bldgredditor for 3 months 1 point 5 hours ago

Yes. I was careless.

Thank you!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Sofa_king_disco [score hidden] 9 minutes ago

I don't see this degree of blatant authoritarianism being possible in
democratic systems. The political process has issues, undoubtedly. But
we can be certain that elections still fundamentally matter in the
western democracies, for one undeniable reason... because billions of
dollars are spent every year on political campaigns, to get votes.

If elections were meaningless shams, and the people had no real power
over the system, then that money would not be being spent. Nobody
spends billions of dollars on nothing. Regardless of what motivations
or ambitions certain factions might have, they still need the public
to vote their people into office. And nobody would vote for the things
you're describing.

The only way this would be possible is if there was also a coup that
had military support. And I don't see any reason to believe that's a
plausible/likely scenario in the US, or the other major western
democracies.

I don't like the prospect of CBDCs, and I do believe there are real
threats to personal freedom and privacy that could arise from them.
But the kind of extreme and blatant authoritarianism you're describing
will not be plausible in democratic societies where elections are
still the fundamental process from which political power is derived.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]meatismoydelicious 0 points 6 hours ago

Central Digital Bank Currencies 😂

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Umpire_State_Bldgredditor for 3 months 0 points 5 hours ago

Yes. I messed up.

Thank you!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Abundance144 5 points 5 hours ago

I think we'd both agree that you don't have the right to commit crimes
with your money.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GUNTHVGK 2 points 3 hours ago

Crimes is a pretty arbitrary term

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Abundance144 3 points 3 hours ago*

Regardless, the definition of a right falls outside of what is defined
as a crime.

Edit: And what is a crime isn't arbitrary at all. Choosing what is a
crime is arbitrary but the existence or none-existance of the crime is
objectively written into law.

The morally or legality of the law creating the crime is a different
story all together.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]91Caleb -1 points 5 hours ago

Every day a new idiot posting making themselves like dumber than the last

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]StanleeMann 0 points 4 hours ago

I see a new generation of libertarians are demanding the right to hire hitmen.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Explodicle [score hidden] an hour ago

In the 90's they were "demanding the right to libel" with an unmoderated web.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]StanleeMann [score hidden] 49 minutes ago

That was more a computer geek thing TBH, most people had barely
interacted with the internet in the 90s. Myspace and later Facebook
was an 00s thing.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]yazalama [score hidden] 54 minutes ago

It's only the dishonest cheerleaders of authoritarianism who purposely
make strawmen like this because they purposely don't want to admit
they hate freedom. Crawl back into your hole maggot.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]StanleeMann [score hidden] 52 minutes ago

lmao @ this nerd

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IndependentSwan2086 1 point 4 hours ago

Yes!!! Love the statement !

And for those who don't, well, there's always North Korea!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]messonpurpose 1 point 3 hours ago

If CBDCs are implemented and they will effectively eliminate the cash
economy and people will definitely be looking for other avenues for
anonymous transacting.

Since bitcoin uses a public ledger it will be pretty easy for the
powers that be to piece together which wallets belong to whom. So, I
don't see how bitcoin could serve this purpose.

Am I missing something?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]riisen [score hidden] 53 minutes ago

Bitcoin is pseudo anonymous. Meaning anyone can create a wallet, and
without you telling anyone that this is my wallet, nobody would know

An exchange is very much not anonymous they know exactly who you are,
and when you buy from an exchange goverment can know that you bought
it, if the exchange gave them the information (which they do)

When you send it from an exchange to a private wallet they can guess
that this is his private wallet

Mixing bitcoins is about generating several wallets and move bitcoin
so they dont know if you did give away or bought something cause it
was sent to wallet they know nothing about.

You can also buy bitcoin from a private person to a wallet you have
created and no goverment would know.. Unless you tell them.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]liberty4u2 [score hidden] 5 minutes ago

Your missing the part where when they bring out the CBDC they say
“Bitcoin is illegal”

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]acj21 -1 points 4 hours ago

Except we all use publicly funded services… so there’s that.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]The_whimsical1 -6 points 6 hours ago

Your money is made in country x. You use the resources and
infrastructure of country x to make that money. You have a police
force protecting you. You have a legal system protecting your
contracts. You now want to remove your money from country x. No
problem. Pay your taxes on exiting.

Bitcoin is something else. If it’s about tax evasion it’s got no
credible future.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HumbleBitcoinPleb[S] 4 points 6 hours ago

I don't think you understood my post.

My post has nothing to do with taxes.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]The_whimsical1 -6 points 6 hours ago

So what is your point? That governments can’t determine how money is
moved from one jurisdiction to another? How does that make sense?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HumbleBitcoinPleb[S] 7 points 5 hours ago

My point is that we don't need governments to make bitcoin legal. We
don't need their permission.

You can freely transact with anyone in the world using bitcoin and
that's what makes it valuable.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]norfbayboy 4 points 5 hours ago

So what is your position? That governments can determine how money is
moved from one jurisdiction to another? How does that make sense?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]yazalama [score hidden] 50 minutes ago

Government doesn't provide services or give people money because
everything it redistributes comes from taxpayers. The infrastructure,
courts, police all belong to us taxpayers.

The only difference is unlike any other service you pay for, there is
no opt-out option and they'll throw you in a cage or murder you if you
resist. Don't fall for the trap of believing government helped you by
buying you crutches with your money after they broke your legs.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CypherMcAfee -4 points 7 hours ago

your actually wrong.

If you even try to do/create a BUSINESS and accept crypto as payments
the state will tax you on them as well, at least if you want to have a
legit and legal BUSINESS.

And the state at least in here in europe will tax you heavily if you
choose to acept crypto into your business/services, making this not
even viable as an option, and this is why everyone still acepts cash
on their businesses and services because they dont want to pay a huge
chunk of their profits to the State and physical money allows them to
avoid this situation.

So the state has a rigth to interfere in your business, it also
currently can control your businesses acount/credit cards at banks to
know how much your making and to check if your doing tax fraud, and
this is another reason why small and medium size businesses owners
still prefer physical cash or so called FIAT.

And have you ever hear about CBDC'S? yes their coming.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HumbleBitcoinPleb[S] 4 points 7 hours ago

It is irrelevant if the state allows me to use bitcoin or not. It is
irrelevant if the state taxes me or not.

They have no business telling anyone what they can or cannot do with
their money.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cryptoripto123 1 point 3 hours ago

    They have no business telling anyone what they can or cannot do
with their money.

Please explain to the world why the state has no business telling you
that you can funnel money, whether fiat or Bitcoin to ISIS. I'm sure
you'll end up taking that L all the way to jail.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CypherMcAfee -3 points 7 hours ago

wrong.

You for ure arent a business owner and never had any business.

The state controls you and your money, specially in this CBDC'S ERA.

You can figth that for sure but your wrong dude.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HumbleBitcoinPleb[S] 4 points 7 hours ago

I never said the state didn't control money.

I said the state has no right to control your money, just like they
don't have any right controlling what you do in your bedroom with your
girlfriend or wife.

Just because they do something doesn't mean it's right.

And I've been a business owner since 2009.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CypherMcAfee -3 points 6 hours ago

so know you realized your in the wrong here.

They control you, control your money and your business as well, and
this situation will not change and will just get worse over time.

Having the rigth or not , is another thing, but Bitcoin wont solve
this, as Bitcoin transactions arent private and you can still be
tracked and controlled, and they can still know how much Bitcoin you
own and tax you on it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HumbleBitcoinPleb[S] 2 points 6 hours ago

No government can stop me from sending 1 BTC to someone in other country.

Thanks for trying.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cryptoripto123 1 point 3 hours ago

So please send 1 BTC to ISIS and tell me how that goes.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]riisen [score hidden] 24 minutes ago

You dont have any right to demand or control where and to whom he
sends his coins. I highly doubt he would just send it to isis, but he
could do that without bitcoin as well.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CypherMcAfee 0 points 6 hours ago

i didnt said that.

I said they can know how much you own, how much you send, receive.

thats not private information.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HumbleBitcoinPleb[S] 1 point 6 hours ago

My post is about censorship resistance, not privacy or taxes.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CypherMcAfee 4 points 6 hours ago

mate Bitcoin isnt private.

so how are you figthing or resisting censorship with Btc if they can
still control by finding how much you own, send, receive????

your post makes no sense at all.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HumbleBitcoinPleb[S] 3 points 6 hours ago

Anyone in the world can hire me to make a website for them, pay me in
bitcoin, and there's nothing any government can do about it.

Just a few weeks ago someone from another country paid me in bitcoin
to help them set up a website. We didn't have to ask permission to any
government or bank.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

continue this thread

[–]B4RF 0 points 6 hours ago

I remember some state introduced such a form to consent to sex so that
no one can file a rape case or something like that.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]heyitscory 0 points 3 hours ago

Awesome.

6.3 BTC on the Cheifs to beat the spread. YOLO.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Typesh055 [score hidden] 56 minutes ago

I dont ask anyone permission to send a wire, I go to the bank, fill
out a form and it’s sent.