Cryptocurrency: Operation Choke Point - USA Slaughters "Securities" And Banking Paths

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 21:09:50 PST 2023

Logo
nic carter
@nic__carter

technology brother
Isle of Yap
niccarter.info
Joined November 2011

    Tweets 50,485
    Following 3,031
    Followers 348,241
    Likes 193,991

3,097 Photos and videos

    Tweets
    Tweets & Replies
    Media

nic carter
@nic__carter
6h
getting a lot of inbound "are you worried about x or y" -- everything
I thought was salient went in the article. there's still a ton I don't
know. I'm not being a doomer I'm just reporting things I'm seeing/ppl
are telling me.
11
5
107
nic carter
@nic__carter
5h
hearing good things on the PoR front though!
2
2
1
48

nic carter
@nic__carter
4h
a depositor goes to the bank and withdraws $5k in cash. they spend it
on a peer to peer basis with no KYC/AML. ✅✅perfectly legal a bank
issues a stablecoin. a user converts fiat to stables, and transacts it
on chain on a peer to peer basis. ❌❌ BANNED in the US
35
46
8
404
nic carter
@nic__carter
4h
this is the most mind boggling feature of new bank regs being rolled
out (detailed below). the Fed would like us to believe that there's an
inherent disanalogy between digital bearers (stables) and physical
bearers (cash). but there isnt. theyre the same.
piratewires.com/p/crypto-cho…
Operation Choke Point 2.0 Is Underway, And Crypto Is In Its Crosshairs

detailing the Biden Admin's coordinated, ongoing effort across
virtually every US financial regulator to deny crypto firms access to
banking services
piratewires.com
13
23
6
172
nic carter
@nic__carter
4h
Also, regarding one of the points I make at the end (that regulators
are weirdly terrified stablecoin outflows might crash treasury
markets) -- some supporting analysis crypto-wanderer.medium.com/s…
Stablecoin Liquidation

Or, Would it Crash The Financial System?
crypto-wanderer.medium.com
4
7
1
69
nic carter
@nic__carter
2h
And if you want to dig deeper into the Custodia denial or the Fed
policy statement I recommend this piece by Linda Jeng for the
@crypto_council cryptoforinnovation.org/what…
What Could Recent Banking Agencies’ Statements Mean for Crypto?

Strongly worded policy statements from banking agencies present a
worrying prospect for the financial ecosystem.
cryptoforinnovation.org
1
1
30
nic carter
@nic__carter
2h
Shut the hell up loser
Zhu Su 🔺
@zhusu
4h
1/ june/july was total darkness for me, kyle & our creditors after our
bet on accelerating crypto adoption proved fatally wrong we were
crushed by the collapse of the market & the way our misplaced
conviction had contributed to the pain
Show this thread
18
18
302
nic carter
@nic__carter
2h
This dude is living out SBFs fantasy of “making it all back” in one
harebrained scheme - the trade being tricking his own creditors to
custody their claims with him so he can retire them
1
3
71
nic carter
@nic__carter
5h
America had the means, motive, and opportunity to destroy Nordstream.
Biden also threatened publicly to do it. No other candidate fits the
bill. seymourhersh.substack.com/p/…
How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline

The New York Times called it a “mystery,” but the United States
executed a covert sea operation that was kept secret—until now
seymourhersh.substack.com
17
15
2
144
nic carter
@nic__carter
5h
Seymour Hersh is a pulizer winning journalist who broke the story
about the my lai massacre btw.
15
1
47
nic carter retweeted
Mike Solana @micsolana
20h
the biden administration is quietly trying to ban crypto. @nic__carter
breaks it down in an explosive new guest post for pirate wires.
piratewires.com/p/crypto-cho…
Operation Choke Point 2.0 Is Underway, And Crypto Is In Its Crosshairs

detailing the Biden Admin's coordinated, ongoing effort across
virtually every US financial regulator to deny crypto firms access to
banking services
piratewires.com
124
461
103
1,672
nic carter
@nic__carter
Feb 8
The nocoiners found this, it would be a shame if you went through the
QRTs and bullied them. Don’t do it!!
nic carter
@nic__carter
Feb 7
I don't want to alarm, but since the turn of the year, a new Operation
Choke Point type operation began targeting the crypto space in the US.
it is a well-coordinated effort to marginalize the industry and cut of
its connectivity to the banking system - and it's working
Show this thread
6
1
1
50
nic carter
@nic__carter
Feb 7
I don't want to alarm, but since the turn of the year, a new Operation
Choke Point type operation began targeting the crypto space in the US.
it is a well-coordinated effort to marginalize the industry and cut of
its connectivity to the banking system - and it's working
343
423
147
2,264
nic carter
@nic__carter
Feb 7
piece with a summary of what's going on coming soon. tether and
offshore havens / more pro-crypto jurisdictions will be winners here.
US will consider to be a loser.
24
32
1
466
nic carter
@nic__carter
Feb 8
Summarised everything in an article out 🔜 ™️
7
1
1
87
nic carter retweeted
Jeff Roberts
@jeffjohnroberts
Feb 8
Are the banking agencies working with the White House to kill crypto?
@nic__carter may be right about a new Operation Chokepoint Must read
from @leomschwartz about the machinations at the OCC in today's
Fortune Crypto newsletter fortune.com/crypto/2023/02/0…
With crypto banking on the brink, rumors are flying

An obscure government office is at the center of uncertainty for two
key companies.
fortune.com
10
21
2
98
nic carter retweeted
Data Always @Data_Always
Feb 8
Spending to inscribe Ordinals is climbing every day. Still only 12% of
total fees and 0.3% of the subsidy, but the rise remains exponential.
Biggest mempool backlog since FTX and 3AC collapses.
9
43
19
246
Show this thread
nic carter
@nic__carter
Feb 7
Current bitcoin fundamentalist doctrine: P2p payments, no matter how
small, are absolutely sacred, especially if they occur in the global
south Bundles of arbitrary data changing hands, no matter how
economically significant, are absolutely haram
24
6
3
147
nic carter
@nic__carter
Feb 7
Credit to those in the former camp who have a heterodox view, seeing
many coming around. But there are many who see non monetary uses as
absolute profane. No one tell them that satoshi endorsed them!
8
2
55
nic carter retweeted
Jake Chervinsky
@jchervinsky
Feb 7
This is accurate. Without new legislation from Congress, federal
agencies lack the authority to comprehensively regulate crypto
markets, so their fallback position is to weaponize control over the
banking system to mandate discrimination against crypto companies.
This must stop.
nic carter
@nic__carter
Feb 7
I don't want to alarm, but since the turn of the year, a new Operation
Choke Point type operation began targeting the crypto space in the US.
it is a well-coordinated effort to marginalize the industry and cut of
its connectivity to the banking system - and it's working
Show this thread
24
197
19
783
Show this thread
nic carter
@nic__carter
Feb 7
Good thread / post on exporting a lot of your mental computation and
storage to a 3rd party database, interfaced via LLM
LeveredVlad.eth (aka GPTvlad) @leveredvlad
Feb 7
1/ Have you ever wondered what life would be like if you could unlock
your brain's full potential like in the movie Limitless? What if I
told you that this is possible now with AI? Let me explain. A thread
🧵 Hint: this is not about ChatGPT 👀
Show this thread
1
1
33
nic carter
@nic__carter
Feb 7
eventually our brains will be 'thin interfaces' or the client in the
client server architecture. we will outsource most of the work to
non-brain data lakes. do you bother to learn the layout of a new city
now that google maps exists?
7
30
Load more