Cryptocurrency: CBDC Digital Fiat WARNING BELLS GOING OFF

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:25:47 PST 2023

Maybe the Swiss have enough balls to throw off their oppressors,
if not they wouldn't be any different than the US Euro Asian and
other major anti-Cash anti-Crypto anti-Gold anti-Freedom
pro-CBDC worshipping States' apologist cowards...

Meanwhile in the US…. Agenda: How can we fuck over our citizens more?

Swiss to vote on preventing cashless society, pressure group says

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/swiss-vote-preventing-cashless-society-pressure-group-says-2023-02-06/

"
   Feb 6 (Reuters) - Swiss citizens will get the chance to try to ensure
   their economy never becomes cashless, a pressure group said, after
   collecting enough signatures by Monday to trigger a popular vote on the
   issue.

   The FBS (Free Switzerland Movement) says cash is playing a shrinking role
   in many economies, as electronic payments become the default for
   transactions in increasingly digitised societies, making it easier for the
   state to monitor its citizens' actions.

   It wants a clause added to Switzerland's currency law, which governs how
   the central bank and government manage the money supply, stipulating that
   a "sufficient quantity" of banknotes or coins must always remain in
   circulation.

   There is no evidence of moves towards a cashless society by Swiss
   authorities.

   FBS said it had garnered over 111,000 signatures in support of the
   measure, above the 100,000 needed to trigger a popular vote. Under
   Switzerland's system of direct democracy, the proposal would become law if
   approved by voters, though government and parliament would decide how that
   law was implemented.

   "It is clear that ... getting rid of cash not only touches on issues of
   transparency, simplicity or security ... but also carries a huge danger of
   totalitarian surveillance," FBS president Richard Koller said on the
   group's website.

   He also views Switzerland as a European standard-bearer for the defence of
   cash, as pushing through such guarantees in the European Union would
   entail the "almost impossible" process of securing approval from all 27
   member states.

   Accelerated by the impact of COVID-19 lockdowns, the trend towards
   increased cashless payments was evident as far back as 2017, when an Ipsos
   study found more than a third of Europeans and Americans would happily go
   without cash and 20% pretty much did so already.
"

[–]ne0_jamm3r 42 points 2 days ago

In America, freedom is just a statue.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Asleep_Plant6117 3 points 1 day ago

A Statue in chains…

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Asleep_Plant6117 6 points 2 days ago

Indeed..

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]noshortsnoproblem 2 points 2 days ago

Indeed? Or in need? Of monetary statutes? Makes one wonder…. 💭 🧐

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]buzzjn 4 points 1 day ago

Not only in the US this is happening in Europe too.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]JaJe92 -9 points 2 days ago

How come a cashless society caries a danger of totalitarian surveillance?

Care to explain?

To me it is that cash is easy to money launder while cashless can
prevent it where all transactions are monitored.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]seraph321 15 points 2 days ago

Maybe the biggest reason - who defines laundering or illegal
transactions? You have complete faith that your interests and morals
will always align with whoever is in power and is able to monitor or
prevent any transactions you make? You’re ok with having no ability to
hold monetary value in a way that isn’t 100% at the pleasure of not
only your current governors, but all who come later?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]-SPRENGMEISTER- 4 points 1 day ago

Because with cashless payments your bank, Mastercard/Visa/Amex/PayPal,
potentially your government, potentially also other governments and
potentialy other companies that provide technical infrastructure or to
whom the data is sold can see every transaction you make. Facebook
will know you better than your best friend by analyzing a few likes
you gave. What do you think does someone know about you who has
complete access to your complete economic activity? Every grocery
shopping, what clothes you buy, where you travel, what you like to
eat, what you do in your freetime, what medical problems you have,
including mental ones. Still not scared? Well, you better don't be
ethical enough to pay for the porn you watch because they will know
what your sexual orientation and preferences are. Remember: there are
governments that literally kill people for having the ”wrong“ sexual
orientation. Oh and if you are political and donate to some
organisation, it will be known to them. See any problem with that?

Does cash help money laundering? Maybe. But the evidence isn't that
clear about it and much money laundering, especially with large
amounts is still done with electronic payments because cash becomes
inconvenient at large scales. But even if we could eliminate all money
laundering in the world by abolishing financial privacy?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JaJe92 0 points 1 day ago

Kind of ironic that people get really vocal against cashless society
for those reasons but never care of actually privacy online and these
big tech harvesting as much data as possible of every individuals that
know more about you even without your monetary transactions.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]-SPRENGMEISTER- 1 point 1 day ago

    That's both whataboutism and a big fucking strawman. There are
plenty of people that get very vocal about that, too.
    There isn't a dataset that's more sensitive than literally ALL OF
YOUR ECONOMIC ACTIVITY
    Nobody forces you to be on Facebook. But if there's no cash
anymore (and no equally private digital payment solution), you have no
choice but to use digital payment solutions that allow for total
surveillance of everything you do.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CYjgb 3 points 1 day ago

Because the Commies in government can shut off your digital currency!?!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JaJe92 3 points 1 day ago

As well can make your cash worthless by creating new currency. Same principe.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Nickovskii 2 points 1 day ago

You lose control in a centralized environment. It will come as they
believe it might fix problems. I dont think someone does this with the
goal to gain power. I believe in the good intentions. However, i dont
like to lose control over my wealth in a blink of an eye by someone or
something I dont know.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Bitcoin_Maximalistredditor for 3 months[S] 2 points 1 day ago

did you forget the /s ?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OkeyDokeyWokey 1 point 15 hours ago

I’m afraid he didn’t and really believes it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Sylerb 1 point 2 days ago

I think surveillance here means the ability of banks, payment
processors etc to see your balance , your purchases etc. This data is
very valuable and can be used to manipulate votes in an election for
example, and is very centralized since if you lose your card or get
sanctioned, no one will be able to sell you anything, even food..

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JaJe92 1 point 2 days ago

Aren't the big payment forced by law to do via banks? Here where I live it is.

I don't think anyone would care that you spent money buying some food
or some cheap stuff.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Sylerb 1 point 2 days ago

Yeah I don't actually get myslef..

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Whazers1 29 points 2 days ago

I will vote yes

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Bitcoin_Maximalistredditor for 3 months[S] 18 points 2 days ago

Dafür eine gratis Toblerone von mir :)

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]-SPRENGMEISTER- 8 points 1 day ago

Ich hoffe, ihr habt Erfolg. Und ich hoffe, dass dadurch Menschen bei
uns in der EU mal besser über das Thema nachdenken und die Gefahren
begreifen, die die Zurückdrengung des Bargelds mit sich bringt.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dabackpackgal 5 points 1 day ago

The same

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SuspiciousSquid94 18 points 2 days ago

Cash is the original peer to peer private medium of exchange

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DekiEE 7 points 1 day ago

Food is still the first thing that was traded and will probably be the last too.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]blissbaby1111 1 point 1 day ago

Which came first, the food or the blow bang?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gvictor808 5 points 2 days ago

Sexual favors predate cash

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SuspiciousSquid94 3 points 1 day ago

Lets go back to that

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]blissbaby1111 2 points 1 day ago

Some of us have made the switch. You too could save 15% or more

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]tycooperaow 2 points 1 day ago

“Hey noble, I’ll doo something strange for a bag a barley and wheat
for my village”

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ANDREWNOGHRI 1 point 1 day ago

That gets awkward when you buy your grandad's truck.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OkeyDokeyWokey 1 point 15 hours ago

Depends if your grandma is still alive and how hot she looks.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]eoneqeip 53 points 2 days ago

Love to see Swiss democratic approach to important topics...other
nations have a lot to learn from them.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]i_am_bloating 24 points 2 days ago

I strongly believe that Swiss democracy is the true democracy and
that’s partly why they don’t join the EU which doesn’t go by the same
democracy system. Power is handed from the bottom up, not from the top
down as in other democracies.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]foulminion -24 points 2 days ago

Yeah, I dunno. Sometimes the results are... worrisome.

Like that time they received a public condemnation by no one other
than the UN Human Rights Council for banning any (future)
constructions of mosques.

So yeah, we can learn things from their approach, but tolerance
probably isn't one of them.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OkeyDokeyWokey 8 points 2 days ago

How is that worrisome? If a majority of the country doesn’t like it,
there is enough other space for them to build their mosques.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]foulminion 0 points 1 day ago

I think you’re missing what that implies for Bitcoin:

If it was possible to get a majority to vote for preventing the spread
of a major religion, how plausible is it to spread an agenda among the
populace to ban technology and services extending Bitcoin’s reach into
everyday life?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OkeyDokeyWokey 2 points 1 day ago

The funny thing is that Bitcoin does not conform to whatever lawmaker
in the world comes up with. They tried in China, they failed.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]foulminion 1 point 1 day ago

I'd rather not rely on people getting comfortable with breaking the
law in order to help BTC reach mainstream.

And thankfully, that isn't really an issue in Switzerland currently.
I'm just hoping it stays that way.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OkeyDokeyWokey 1 point 1 day ago

If they will change the law to make your life impossible, you can
start to wonder whether it becomes duty to break this law.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Kasegigashira 16 points 2 days ago

Direct democracy is what it is.. Sadly Sometimes the majority is
xenophobic, but the Swiss system is nothing short of amazing.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]foulminion 1 point 1 day ago

Propaganda is a strong tool. I’m not sure the established financial
elite with the friendly help of “concerned” politicians couldn’t
succeed in “educating” the majority that Bitcoin is “dangerous,
volatile, and mostly used by criminals” in an attempt to ban access to
as well as the use of it in Switzerland.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Narf234 2 points 2 days ago

Was there a rational for the ban?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Kasegigashira 8 points 2 days ago

The ban was on minarets. At that time, like 10 years ago, the
proponents of the people's initiative argued that a ban on
constructing them in Switzerland would prevent the further spread of
Islam in the country. They said that minarets had “no religious
function” and that the Koran contained no reference to minarets.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Narf234 2 points 2 days ago

Oh, is a ban on minarets as xenophobic as people think it is?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Kasegigashira -3 points 2 days ago

Well, a lot of Swiss were ashamed of it. It was controversial.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]eoneqeip 11 points 2 days ago

that's democracy...if you believe in it you have to believe in it even
when you are in the minority.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]obiwankenobi48redditor for 3 months 1 point 2 days ago

While the right wing parties wasted years on these mental
masturbations about minarets and "islamic invasion" (and don't forget
the constant "eU Is BaD")...organized crime from all over Europe
(especially Italy and the Balkans) has established itself here very
comfortably, laundering money and smuggling drugs.

Switzerland is one of the best countries in Western Europe for
organized crime, because controls against money laundering are some of
the less strict....fReEdUmmmmmm.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]QuickAltTab 0 points 2 days ago

did they also ban future construction of churches? That would be fair
and also a good move.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]foulminion 1 point 1 day ago

Nah, churches are safu

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DekiEE 0 points 1 day ago

I agree that sometimes the results of direct democracy can be
xenophobic or perceived racist, especially in a country that has had
such a big immigration from Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia and Turkey.

BUT in my personal opinion, as a kid of immigrants, I appreciate the
crackdown on any religious facilities. They should cut all subsidies
and disown the land every religious group has and give it to the
people e.g. build housing. Religion and democracy cannot go hand in
hand as religion always includes absolutism.

Also you need a great educational system and opportunity to access
free and unbiased information for direct democracy, because people are
stupid and will do stupid things if you tell them so.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Bitcoin_Maximalistredditor for 3 months[S] 12 points 2 days ago

Thanks for upvoting, didn´t expect that.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ima_Wreckyou 8 points 2 days ago

IMHO it will not just be a law if accepted. Decisions by public vote
become amendments to the constitution and they can't be changed or
reverted by the government.

I hope that international organizations voice their concerns in an
attempt to sway the decision, that usually leads to a knee-jerk
reaction. lol. "them damn foreigners don't tell us what to do!"

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1Tim1_15 21 points 2 days ago

Thank God. This needs to happen everywhere. Sadly, most people have no
idea how critical cash and private currency is to a free society. Glad
to see some people waking up.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SamwiseGamgee87 1 point 1 day ago

Private currency or public? We have BTC for this reason I will take
the cashless If is in a circular BTC economy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nickname432 3 points 2 days ago

"please pay cashless" it says here everywhere

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DangerX2HighVoltage 3 points 2 days ago

Another thing the Swiss are doing right

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]moonRekt 2 points 1 day ago

Idk if I’d have a different viewpoint if I wasnt in the tip crazy USA,
but a huge reason I always have cash is for tipping. No way im leaving
a paper trail and making it easier for a company to steal one’s wages
in the form of tips via credit cards.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]xrv01 2 points 1 day ago

i like cash. v useful

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OkeyDokeyWokey 1 point 15 hours ago

And you can swim in it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]allovernow11 3 points 2 days ago

Cash is KING

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SCaRMdOz 2 points 2 days ago*

Interesting comments in r/bitcoin. Do I value my freedom? Do I value
your freedom? Do you value my freedom? Freedom: The ability to go
about ones business in any manner that one sees fit, providing it
hurts nobody? Does removing cash hurt anybody? Does removing cash
create a barrier to entry? Are there people in society that don't have
debit/credit/bank/loyalty cards? If your chosen digital payment
network crashes and you are starving and thirsty, does that create a
barrier to entry for you? As a shop owner should I take pity on you
and give you goods/services without payment? You have the freedom to
beg if you choose. I have the freedom to turn you away if I choose.
Cash is good when people do good things with it? Cash is bad when
people do bad things with it? Is it that cash is good/bad or is it
that people are good/bad? Do you value your freedom? Do you value my
freedom? edit:typos.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]proph3tsix 1 point 2 days ago

Interesting comments from u/SCaRMdOz.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BasisOk4268 2 points 2 days ago

CBDCs are a huge threat to freedom and rights globally. Cashless
societies are ripe for manipulative forces. Fancy a protest? 100% of
your funds have been frozen.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JeanLouisMichelredditor for 7 weeks 2 points 1 day ago*

But do you really have more than let's say 20%-30% of your savings in cash?

Okay, I'm not one to love or trust the government but maybe when I'm
ever worth 100M I'd stash a million under my big ass rich people bed.
But as a rugelar person I don't see the deal or how one could
manipulate me.

I have more faith in DeFi for instance than in cash tbh. And if my
government would try to ban crypto's I'd be burning down parliament.
But stopping cash is just regular evolution imho. It's also gross to
touch and the coins are smelly. (But that's not a good argumemt I
know) I also already bought a nice silver cokestraw, so no need for
bills.

And even if you wanne do drugs, buy them online with crypto instead of
going to a scary dealer in a neighbourhood where you can get stabbed
or robbed.

Somehow I think when the first paper money came into existence people
were afraid of not being able to have gold.

Also I don't really feel like the goverment (at least in my country)
is trying opress me or anything, they're wildly incapable, very much
yes, and have stupid ideas now and then. Hell, I'd even think they're
too incapable of oppressing me. 😂

I'm from Belgium and actually, the biggest problem is that Belgians
are too lazy to protest, so the government even doesn't have to
oppress us, when we don't like a new regulation we go to a pub, drink
some beer and whine a whole night to eachother about how unfair stuff
is and few weeks later we just comply.

I respect your opinion, just gotta say I don't completely understand
your vision, maybe I'm ignorant so please, do explain cause I love
learning new ideas and opinions from others!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BasisOk4268 2 points 1 day ago

It’s not about whether it’s plausible for existing governments to
become totalitarian. It’s about the possibility that future regimes
can withhold access to citizens funds whenever they see fit.

To an extent they already do it by freezing bank accounts of suspected
criminals. Doesn’t sound like a bad thing really. But once every
single transaction is on a centralised government controlled
blockchain, they can do whatever they see fit. They can rewrite the
rules of the country and you can’t change anything because you risk
being thrown into poverty at the click of a button. There’s also what
China have been trialling, where citizens funds expire every 2 weeks.
They do this to perpetually inflate the economy, but also means you
cannot have any chance of saving money to build a better life unless
you’re born wealthy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JeanLouisMichelredditor for 7 weeks 1 point 1 day ago

The fact that you think about future regimes is actually a very good
point, gotta be honest I didn't think about that, so thanks for
argumenting here. (I say tnx since a lot of people on the internet
rather get mad, or call me a fool, than having an interesting convo)

But then again, there's just so few cash in circulation, and it's
still something that our governments can print but also can take out
of circulation to a certain degree, so I'm wondering, wouldn't a
totalatarian government be able to ban cash overnight? Especially
since most people don't have an awfull lot of cash.

Aren't we better of trying to guide others into crypto? So that it
becomes more mainstream. Personally I'm a crypto believer, gotta be
honest tho, I jumped very late on the wagon, and I still gotta learn a
ton about it. But me personally I have more believe in stashing my
extra money in crypto. (which isn't that much, I don't consider myself
poor, but usually I don't have more than a 100 to spare each month)

The reasons why I put this money in crypto is not for the potential
earnings but just because a) I feel safer have my money on a
blockchain instead of cash and b) at least for now the government
hasn't really a way of mixing themselves or manipulating the
blockchain and c) I sorta hate banks, I know they don't care about my
measely 100 euro's but it's just out of principal that I don't wanna
put my money on a savings account

So I'm pretty sure we have a lot of common ground in our opinions, I
just don't see cash as such an important asset and I find it rather
inconvenient.

What are your thoughts?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OkeyDokeyWokey 1 point 15 hours ago

    I’m from Belgium and actually, the biggest problem is that
Belgians are too lazy to protest, so the government even doesn’t have
to oppress us, when we don’t like a new regulation we go to a pub,
drink some beer and whine a whole night to eachother about how unfair
stuff is and few weeks later we just comply.

Replace beer with coffee and pub with coffeemachine and you got the
Dutch situation.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OkeyDokeyWokey 1 point 15 hours ago

People aren’t willing to protest anymore nowadays anyway. Even without
the force of CBDCs.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Maleficent-Camel2849 1 point 2 days ago

I actually wonder who is paying cash anymore? We use our cards,
apple/samsung whatever pay, or we send cash directly to our friends
via Twint (swiss version of venmo)

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OkeyDokeyWokey 1 point 15 hours ago

Germany is still largely a cash based society.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]The_Materialist -4 points 2 days ago

Yeah they smell the right problem but have the solution wrong. Its
time to insert plan B in the political discussions I'm having in the
next few months agian!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]-SPRENGMEISTER- 23 points 2 days ago

Why are so many of us shitting on cash? Cash shouldn't be our enemy,
it's the next best thing to Bitcoin and way better than giving even
more power to banks, big tech and governments by abolishing it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ShowtimerHD -4 points 2 days ago

Cash is nothing but credit. It’s fake. Not real. No backing. The only
true physical currency that will never die is Gold/Silver. That’s why
ppl hate cash at least I do because it’s a scam. No one should have
left the gold standard to begin with

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Senorinvincible 5 points 2 days ago

Cash is very important for privacy

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ShowtimerHD -1 points 2 days ago

To some yes but I haven’t used cash in years. I’d rather buy bullions
of gold/silver if I’m doing private transactions

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Nuclear_Reserve259 3 points 2 days ago

Because it’s completely practical to go to a corner store and buy
bread and milk using gold

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ShowtimerHD 1 point 2 days ago

So you believe the dollar will last forever and gold/silver will never
be used as a currency again?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]-SPRENGMEISTER- 1 point 1 day ago

That's not the point. We're talking about how things are now. And now,
cash is the only form of money that is both somewhat widely accepted
and also not harming your privacy. You can argue about monetary policy
all you want (please continue to do so) but that doesn't get you
anywhere in everyday real life situations.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ShowtimerHD 1 point 1 day ago

That’s my point I’m making. I’m talking when the dollar crashes and goes.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WeekendQuant 5 points 2 days ago

You can back cash with Bitcoin.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ShowtimerHD 1 point 2 days ago

Yes but I stay away from the USD if possible. I’m slowly turning my
savings into New Zealand currency as that’s where I’m moving next year

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WeekendQuant 2 points 2 days ago

I just don't hold much in cash. Everything is stock, Bitcoin or physical assets.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Stallj 1 point 2 days ago

You forgot real estate brother

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WeekendQuant 1 point 2 days ago

Real estate is a physical asset.

Real estate doesn't look so hot on a 30 year timeline if we're looking
at global population decline though either. Real estate only goes up
in value in real terms when there's population growth. There will be
pockets of real estate rising in real terms, but that's speculative.
Aggregate real estate values should fall in real terms over the long
term as long as global population is in decline.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Stallj 1 point 2 days ago

Depends on where you purchase it. Also, 80% of the asset is paid for
by the renters/tenants. By your logic, stocks will suffer as well due
to aggregate demand.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WeekendQuant 1 point 2 days ago

The first sentence is what I meant when I said it's speculative.

Actually in my rentals I was collecting 96% of the costs paid by renters.

Stocks in aggregate will suffer, but once again speculation can
outperform. If you choose new disruptive businesses without the
overhead of the legacy businesses, they will be less sensitive to
population decline because they won't have excess production capacity
or old debt on their books.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

continue this thread

[–]gvictor808 2 points 2 days ago

Would you rather transact in silver/gold? Cash is better…just convert
it to something hard before too long.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ShowtimerHD 1 point 2 days ago

Honestly yeah for physical only. I’ll never use cash and I despise it.
It causes way too many illegal transactions and the cons outweigh the
pros for me. Gold/Silver is the only true safe haven in the physical
money world and you can’t deny that. The dollar will not be around
forever. No currency has been around forever except those two

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gvictor808 1 point 2 days ago

Have you ever actually tried doing this or is this completely in your
head? How do you measure purity and mass? It’s completely impractical
to try to accept silver/gold as payment. Does Amazon even sell
silver/gold purity meters? I guess the scale part is easy, at least.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ShowtimerHD 1 point 2 days ago

I buy them from pawn shops. I’ve sold silver to them for goods and
some friends but not on major purchases no. I have a flip phone and no
longer have any socials regarding this forum on my pc and no streaming
services. I’m slowly getting ready to live off grid with crypto. It’s
all in a ledger sitting there til I sell then I’m off to New Zealand

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rasclemonkey 0 points 2 days ago

Y’all are fucking idiots for down voting this person. They are
absolutely correct

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ShowtimerHD 1 point 2 days ago

They don’t want to listen is all but no skin off my bones cause I have
the karma to no longer give a fuck Lmao I appreciate you though fellow
friend 🖤

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rasclemonkey 2 points 2 days ago

Absolutely my friend

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]-SPRENGMEISTER- 1 point 1 day ago

It may be economically unsustainable and unstable, it may be worthless
in the future but it's not fake, it's very real. I can take 50 Euros,
go to the supermarket and buy food with it. It's money, it works.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ShowtimerHD 1 point 1 day ago

Yes that’s true but on a backing level no sir/ma’am. Everything relies
on the dollar today. When that goes goodnight and I’ll be ready to
pounce with gold/silver for physical sales

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ima_Wreckyou 3 points 2 days ago

I don't think Bitcoin is ready for mass adoption yet. There is still a
lot to do on the technology side of things as well as the asset has to
further capitalize and stabilize for it to be acceptable for most
people as currency.

In the meantime we better try to prevent a CBDC only total
surveillance state by making sure cash is always an option.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]liquefire81 -9 points 2 days ago

"Its for the citizens!" - says the PR

"It's for russian ogliarchs + saudis money laundering" - says common sense

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mediocre_Piccolo8542 1 point 1 day ago

That's how things are supposed to work. As much BTC can enrich
society, it can not solve problems like entirely corrupt governments
doing policies undermining the freedom of an individual.

That's also why the entire CBDC debate in this space is so laughable.
CBCC's aren't good or bad, but their implementation will highly
dependent from the government doing it. That's why a CBDC by a Swiss
government will certainly be more citizen friendly than one done by
the US government. Meanwhile, the space is poisoned by some awkward
views coming from American right-wing podcasters and influencers
acting like problems with their government are the case everywhere
else, spreading some shitty ideology and capturing BTC to do so.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JeanLouisMichelredditor for 7 weeks 1 point 1 day ago

I sorta understand most peoples arguments against cashless society and
all but, in practice would it make so much difference? How many people
have the majority of their money in cash? (And I mean people who
actualy have money, not poor peasants like me) How many people used
cash in a single transaction of over 500$ in the past few years?
Pretty sure few regular people with money from normal jobs have their
money in cash. Unless it is earned without paying taxes or in the
illegal circuit, few people ever do big transactions in cash. Most
ATM's in Europe don't even let you cash out more than 700 euro's, and
if you do it's already registered anyways.

Also, the best criminals and fraudsters stopped using cash long ago.
You'd be amazed what a good bookkeaper can do and how many companies
transact millions through banks, that appear perfectly regular in the
books but are actually just a payment for illegal transactions.

I'm not gonna say I have complete faith in governments and all but
imho this a more a "pick your battles right" kinda thing.

This is just my opinion and I'm very much open to new ideas so, feel
free to change my mind. I'm always open to learn new ideas from
others, and I genuinely want to understand the arguments against
cashless in case I'm totally wrong with my opinion. What exactly
should I be scared for if society becomes cashless?

Edit: BTW I'm very into crypto and stuff, cause yes governments mess
up the monetary system, but this will not change with our without
cash.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CYjgb 1 point 1 day ago

Perfect way to fight the Commies!!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mbrochh 1 point 1 day ago

Very surprised by this, given that WEF meets in Davos, Switzerland.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OkeyDokeyWokey 1 point 15 hours ago

Perhaps they know their policies are shit, so they want to be in a safe country.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GSAT2daMoon 1 point 1 day ago

lol. Cashless worldwide in 1 year.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Egw250 1 point 1 day ago

must be nice to trigger a vote in a democratic country.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JjoJjo0JjoJjo 1 point 1 day ago

If it does become not cashless will that not fuck over bitcoin?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Classicpass 1 point 1 day ago

The irony

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sakhastan 1 point 1 day ago

e-cash

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sakhastan 1 point 1 day ago

we should seize all the swiss criminal money

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]69hailsatan -5 points 2 days ago

Other than emergsncies why the hell do people use cash. It's less
convenient, easier to lose, less manageable, and most times you can
get some sort of rewards with a card

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]l7eadly 5 points 2 days ago

I do agree with you but cash leaves no paper trail and you control
your funds, not your bank.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Nuclear_Reserve259 2 points 2 days ago

It’s more convenient. With card it’s a lot easier to overspend

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]69hailsatan 1 point 2 days ago

How so though, I hear this argument a lot. Say you have $500, with
cash you go buy something you give them $100 bill and now you see you
have $400 left. With a card, you buy something that's $100 you use
your card, you can check your app, you see you have $400

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 2 days ago

[deleted]

[–]Senorinvincible 4 points 2 days ago

Cashless society still means there is cash just virtual which means
total control

    embed
    save
    report