SpyVeillance: US Shoots Down Chinese Spy Balloon Over US Airspace

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 13:11:59 PST 2023

Watch: US Fighter Jets Shoot Down Chinese Spy Balloon Off Carolinas

Watch Live: US Restricts Airspace Near Myrtle Beach For "National
Defense Airspace" Operation

*   *   *

US fighter jets have shot down the Chinese spy balloon off the Carolina coast.

The best view so far of the spy balloon being shot down.

    Best video so far of the Chinese spy balloon being shot down
pic.twitter.com/MrWB403OqJ
    — BNO News Live (@BNODesk) February 4, 2023

The balloon is falling back to Earth.

Here comes the recovery vessel.

    The USS Carter Hall (LSD-50) (along with numerous skipper sized
surface craft, I assume) is arriving in the splashdown zone for
balloon recovery. pic.twitter.com/dq7lWrHzKm
    — The Intel Crab (@IntelCrab) February 4, 2023

*   *   *

Shortly after President Biden reportedly said, "we are going to take
care of it," referring to the Chinese spy balloon that is calmly
drifting across US airspace, the FAA has shut down three airports and
closed airspace in parts of North and South Carolina:

Fighter jets are circling the spy balloon.

    F-22s returning after a brief holding orbit. pic.twitter.com/bRZ6uq7Knl
    — The Intel Crab (@IntelCrab) February 4, 2023

    CCP balloon over North Myrtle Beach ‼️ Jets are circling ‼️
pic.twitter.com/BaG5VasQUp
    — SouthernFried (@southenFried) February 4, 2023

    Video of what appears to be fighter, jets circling the China
balloon above Conway, South Carolina pic.twitter.com/lvjW6WX2Gp
    — Andy Shain (@AndyShain) February 4, 2023

A US military surveillance plane is circling offshore of North Carolina.

A vessel with a large crane might be headed to an area where the
military might shoot down the balloon.

    The USS Carter Hall (LSD-50) is headed south from Beaufort, NC.
May be used for balloon recovery efforts. Ship has a 30 ton crane on
board. pic.twitter.com/nsCYQ1Tpqb
    — The Intel Crab (@IntelCrab) February 4, 2023

*   *   *

A suspected Chinese surveillance balloon appears to be heading toward
North Carolina, according to ABC News, citing a senior US official
familiar with the situation. That official said the US would probably
shoot the balloon down over the Atlantic Ocean and retrieve it.

Within the last hour, numerous Twitter users have uploaded footage of
what appears to be the Chinese balloon floating above North Carolina.

    Chinese balloon over Shelby North Carolina at 9:35 AM. Moving west
south west. pic.twitter.com/EEj8vGk6La
    — Anne Eskridge (@AnneEskridge1) February 4, 2023

    Here’s the #ChineseSpyBallon over Easley, SC around 8:45am this
AM. The trajectory forecast I posted last night seems right on. The
balloon should be visible anywhere in southern North Carolina and
northern South Carolina at some point over the next 6-8 hours. 📸
Jason McDowell. pic.twitter.com/6hspFrIXqG
    — Ed Piotrowski (@EdPiotrowski) February 4, 2023

    Chinese Spy Balloon currently SW of Polkville NC approximately
over Kingston NC 9:44 AM #ChinaSpyBalloon @wxbrad
pic.twitter.com/8OjdDwsgmN
    — Brian Branch (@BrianBranch13) February 4, 2023

Local police tell residents don't shoot their guns at the giant balloon.

    The Gastonia Police Department is asking residents to not shoot at
the Chinese spy balloon if it flies over North Carolina
pic.twitter.com/lD9VkI299M
    — Joe Bruno (@JoeBrunoWSOC9) February 4, 2023

On Friday, we cited Capital Weather Gang, who accurately predicted the
balloon's trajectory while it was floating above the Midwest. Now
updated predictions for Saturday morning show the balloon might be
headed toward the Atlantic.

The balloon's payload is approximately 90 feet long, or the length of
two motorhomes, and the balloon itself is much larger. Here's one of
the clearest views of the balloon.

And there might be more balloons. We noted last night:

    "We are seeing reports of a balloon transiting Latin America,"
Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder, a Pentagon spokesperson, told Fox News Friday
night. "We now assess it is another Chinese surveillance balloon."

US officials have not ruled out shooting the balloon down. That might
happen as soon as the balloon moves offshore into the Atlantic. Time
for Space Force to shine.