Fwd: Online Safety Bill & Encryption - readings

Tue Aug 1 15:57:35 PDT 2023

This email was BCC'd to me. My browser shows the telegram channel has
having 1 subscriber (my telegram client is not working immediately.)

[noting that forwards include the timestamp with this client (html
gmail), whereas replies haven't seemed to]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Adam <bigsevencrypto at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 21:07:11 +0200
Subject: Online Safety Bill & Encryption - readings
To: Yosem Companys <ycompanys at gmail.com>

Hi,

FWD:
> an email from friends of Open Right Data Movement provided the attached
pdf-e-book about encryption:
> I forward it to you, as we all read about the Online Safety Bill in UK
which might generate a model
> for our country too, proabably a model for all contries all over the
world
> - see the overview articles about that Safety Bill:
>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_Safety_Bill
>> https://www.wired.com/story/online-harm-moderation/
>> As the liberationtech mailinglist has been shifted over to the Telegram
Messenger,
https://t.me/+PlgBiWrduuwyNDky

> Please feel free to forward the attached free PDF-ebook, save it in your
library path or share it with friends
> to privide some readings about this central topic of encryption in this
summer..

In case you find time to read, please share some contribution or better
actions with your colleagues too: Privacy needs a right to encrypt and not
a search on all smartphones of all (instead of dedicated cases) or a force
of applications to break encryption in general, if you agree?

Regards David