[log][crazy] paypal compromise/mitm for 3 years?

Sun Apr 30 03:14:02 PDT 2023

Hi, I'm the PayPal Assistant. How can I help? Choose one of these
options or add your question below.
I'm still learning, so if I can't help you, you can leave a message
for a customer support agent.
8:22 PM
- PayPal Assistant

729725
8:22 PM

I found some articles in our Help Center that might help you. Check
them out! If you need more help, please rephrase your question or type
"need more help".
logo-paypal
How do I return an item to the seller?
Why was my payment sent as an eCheck and why is it pending?
How do I transfer my Crypto?
8:22 PM
- PayPal Assistant

agent
8:23 PM

Would you like to send this conversation to a customer support agent?
We typically respond within a few hours.
8:23 PM
- PayPal Assistant

Yes
8:23 PM

If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel
free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification
when we've responded.
8:23 PM
- PayPal Assistant

I am getting 2FA codes from both 729725 and also the shorter and newer
number 72975. Are both of these official paypal numbers?
8:24 PM

RD
Hi.
2FA codes are random and only shown to you.
Are you getting codes even your not trying to log in?
2:37 PM
- Raymond

Sorry, you misunderstand. The question regards the telephone number
the codes come from. I'm not sure whether I get them at wrong times or
not, but I noticed there are multiple numbers. Could you verify what
numbers they come from are official and owned by PayPal? I'm worried
the 72975 number could indicate I was signing into an illegitimate
website pretending to be PayPal.
The telephone number, not the 2FA code number.