Kiva | Kiva’s CEO Stepping Down

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Tue Apr 25 08:48:24 PDT 2023

Kiva.org has a new CTO:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/kiva-org_after-a-long-search-were-happy-to-announce-activity-7054914462947958784-B8RN?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android

It is a hunch that New York's DFS Superintendent may not be honest about
her relationship with Kiva.org.

Between NYCCoin, USDP, and Kiva.org one has to wonder if Paxos' NUCoin
endeavor is part of the Superintendent's auspicies.

-----

https://www.kiva.global/kiva-org/kivas-ceo-stepping-down/

Kiva’s CEO Stepping Down
Kiva.org
 Julie Hanna 22 July, 2022
Kiva CEO Chris Tsakalakis announced his resignation

A message from Chris
Dear Kiva community,

After much reflection, I’ve made the difficult decision to step down as
Kiva’s CEO.

With my departure, Kiva’s Board of Directors will immediately begin a
search for the next leader and will implement a transitional leadership
plan so that Kiva can continue its mission-driven work to expand financial
access to help underserved communities thrive.

Wrestling with these types of decisions is never easy, but I’m confident
that this is the right step not only for me, but for this incredible
organization. I continue to be a strong believer in Kiva’s mission and look
forward to supporting it through my personal commitment as a lender and
donor.

I have learned so much during my time here, and I am grateful to the board,
the Executive Leadership Team, Kiva’s incredible employees, and to all of
you for giving me the opportunity to lead this organization. Thank you to
everyone in the Kiva community – lenders, partners, volunteers, donors,
investors, and staff – for supporting our mission.

Kiva is a resilient organization with a rich 17 year history and I look
forward to seeing its ever increasing impact around the world.

Respectfully,

Chris

CEO Transition: A message from Kiva’s Board of Directors
Kiva’s Board of Directors would like to thank Chris for the commitment of
his service and unwavering belief in Kiva’s mission, especially against the
relentless headwinds of a global pandemic.

As we say goodbye to Chris, let us also celebrate all that the Kiva
Community of Lenders, together with Kivans and Chris, achieved during his
tenure. 2021 was Kiva’s biggest year of impact with 550,000 entrepreneur
borrowers across more than 60 countries receiving over $223 million worth
of loans.

We are also grateful for the capable leadership hands in which Chris leaves
Kiva. Through the appointments of Liz Ray (Chief Financial Officer),
Annette Promes (Chief Marketing Officer), Don Carter (Executive VP of
People & Places), Molly Siemers (VP of Marketplace Product), and Sin-Mei
Tsai (interim CTO), Chris broadened and deepened our leadership bench,
while making meaningful strides in expanding diversity and representation.

As Chris leaves his role as Kiva’s CEO, the Board, in partnership with the
Executive Leadership Team (ELT), will work to ensure leadership continuity
so that Kiva’s important work and impact continues unimpeded. A CEO search
is being initiated and interim leadership will be announced shortly.

Like every organization in the world, Kiva has experienced its share of
change in recent years. Guided by the steadiness of its enduring mission,
Kiva has proven itself to be adaptive, time and again. At its core, Kiva’s
fortitude lies in the strength of its collective power – the fiercely
committed community of staff, volunteers, lenders, partners, and investors
who have come together to enable over $1.7B in loans to reach nearly 4.5
million underserved people across the world. We are perennially grateful
for all you do to make Kiva’s mission a reality.

With gratitude and in service,

Kiva’s Board of Directors

Julie Hanna, Kiva Executive Chair

Silvija Martincevic