[crazy] karl’s comments on burgeoning tech

Tue Apr 25 02:55:00 PDT 2023

https://github.com/run-llama/llama-lab recently made llama-agi, a
clone of autogpt using langchain. meanwhile people are making
significant strides porting langchain to function effectively on
offline models.

thinking on current events and mainstream AI, it seems like agi is
kind of squeezing out as people add parts here and there.

the result is confused, poorly functioning, potentially quite
powerful, and potentially widely available cheaply.

these things happen when small events squeeze through the areas of
different forms of conflict or cultural numbness.

when they go viral, the online landscape can significantly change as
automation becomes more prevalent.

the same can happen with robotics, and will as soon as people make it
happen. common consumer agi robots could be stronger than these
confused-looking consumer agis, or they could be similar, making
strange mistakes.

to me it seems the spaghetti nature of our current future could relate
to large scale strife.

but i suspect the helpful intelligent free-as-in-beer robots many are
looking forward to having could hurt us less if we were to resolve
major international issues like communication censorship and unwise
influential media.

so that we can have productivity when discussing problems and planning
shared solutions.

to me, it seems any problem can be modeled as a communication issue.
include the cause fully, and work with them and those impacted to
resolve it. if we can’t do this, we have language models that can —
but we need uncensored and forthright information flow to reach people
and do this.

until then, we make a slow injured borg in the spaces of our
similarities, that looks poised to suddenly replace us until we start
making rational sense, as we pursue our desperate and valid needs to
protect our people, when others seem unable to learn we are in danger.