3d Printing for Dummies

Fri Apr 21 13:46:57 PDT 2023

I was thinking recently of how 3D printed objects all have to be
designed by somebody in an engineering manner. A lot of people have
designed guns it looks like.

The messaging I’m exposed to is generally anti-gun, lots of nonviolent
people. So guns for 3D printing can seem shocking to me — I imagine
people turning against 3D printing, or me.

It seems with all that engineering that people support it. Maybe there
is trouble accessing or paying for guns for those who have strong
desire for them.

On my end of the political viewpoints, it’s notable that letting
people print their own firearms reduces the financial incentive for
people to stimulate conflict and sell weaponry, which is likely
awesome. Unfortunately given guns are licensed in my country it’s edgy
space for the 3D printing technology itself.