Your Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Request FOIL-2023-093329-019299

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Mon Apr 17 04:50:05 PDT 2023

Ms. Verdejo:

Would it be possible to receive an updated on the Coinbase records?

Gunnar Larson

G at xny.io
March 24, 2023
Gunnar Larson
xNY.io - Bank.org
406 West 25th Street
New York, NY 10001
Re: FOIL Tracking No. 2023-093329
Dear Gunnar Larson:
I write with respect to your above-referenced FOIL request. The New York
State Department of
Financial Services (DFS) requires additional time to respond to your
request, assigned the
tracking number 2023-093329, because the Department requires additional
time to complete its
response.
DFS anticipates completing your request on or about April 28, 2023. We
appreciate your
continued patience.
Thank you.

Attached please find correspondence from the NYS Department of Financial
Services, pertaining to your FOIL request.

Thank you.

Tracking Number:FOIL-2023-093329-019299

Thank you for submitting your FOIL request through Open FOIL NY.

Here is your Open FOIL NY confirmation information for future reference:

LARSON_DFS_20230114152649702

LARSON_DOB_20230114152649702

LARSON_DTF_20230114152649702

INFORMATION SUBMITTED:

Records Requested From

Department of Financial Services

Division of the Budget

Department of Taxation and Finance

Short Title

Coinbase $100M Settlement Investigation Records

Description

Dear Madam or Sir: xNY.io - Bank.org kindly seeks access to any and all
records concerning New York State's investigation of Coinbase, comprising
the $100M settlement mentioned here:
https://www.dfs.ny.gov/reports_and_publications/press_releases/pr202301041.
We are requesting all public records from 2018 to 2022 concerning New
York's aforementioned Coinbase investigation. Moreover, xNY.io - Bank.org
seeks access to any and all records concerning New York's regulatory
scrutiny (and/or approval) of Goldman Sachs' partnership with Coinbase,
issuing the bank's first Bitcoin loan mentioned here:
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/goldman-sachs-partners-with-coinbase-for-banks-first-bitcoin-backed-loan.
In addition, xNY.io - Bank.org seeks any and all records concerning New
York's approach to Coinbase and Goldman Sachs compliance programs mandated
by the United States Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Fraud
Section and Money Laundering and Asset Recovery Section mentioned here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yx88RMoeLyyfbNK0RtPl4r-m8N21_1Sp/view?usp=drivesdk.
Finally, xNY.io - Bank.org seeks records concerning New York's regulatory
approval of Coinbase engaging a fine of $50M to implement heightened
controls and additional procedures and policies relating to electronic
surveillance and investigation, due diligence on transactions or clients
and the use of third-party intermediaries across business units; and
enhancing anti-corruption training for all management and relevant
employees. Warm regards, Gunnar Larson Gunnar Larson xNY.io - Bank.org
646-454-9107

Uploaded Files

FOIL Response Format

Email

If fees apply, please contact me if costs will be greater than

$10000

Your FOIL request has been forwarded to the organization(s) you selected,
and the respective Records Access Officer will contact you directly for
further processing of your request. Please allow up to five business days
for such communication(s). For your convenience, here is additional contact
information:

Department of Financial Services

One State Street

20th Floor