Cryptocurrency: Monero XMR Exposed Again, State Attacks

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 21:50:11 PDT 2023

Recently even respected Monero-XMR Fanboi's have been
forced to admit on podcasts that Monero can in fact be traced.

Proposed state attack on "the coin that shall not be named" [Monero] failed.
by gr8ful4Platinum

The coin that shall not be named

It's highly likely that one of the following events will bring Monero
to the forefront of the minds of "crypto" investors despite the media
and governments trying hard to not name [redacted] at all.

    Imagine writing this EU report about "crypto" and "drugs" and not
mentioning Monero or XMR even once:
https://www.emcdda.europa.eu/drugs-library/cryptocurrencies-and-drugs-analysis-cryptocurrency-use-darknet-markets-eu-and-neighbouring-countries_en

    An other example is the use of the "AEC" acronym (anonymity
enhancing cryptocurrencies) that is widely used by the US government.
Monero has a market dominating position both in DNM as well as the
privacy currency sector.

    Chainalysis (a private crypto tracking company that sells data to
big corps and big gov) stopped mentioning Monero in their reports
years ago.

A couple of interesting developments

Here is a short overview of recent important developments before
diving deeper into an interesting part of crypto history. The
collaboration of Binance and state actors to suppress prices for coins
that work as actual currency equivalents such as Monero:

    Introduction of CBDC's - Monero is basically the anti-CBDC
    MoneroRun - the Monero community created a "proof of reserves
day", which takes place yearly on April 18th, Monero's birthday.
    Organic demand overturns naked shorting as the main force behind
market movements (extreme price stability)
    XMR adoption in DNM and everyday life.
    TA suggests a multi year outbreak is currently going on

A deep dive into the ongoing state attack/price suppression scheme:

This was first published in the Journal of Cybersecurity
https://academic.oup.com/cybersecurity/article/7/1/tyab004/6166133
[Back-up link]

In this paper the authors are broadly talking about risks stemming
from routing around AML and weighing AML vs "privacy rights" (GDPR)
from a state perspective. As many here know, AML/KYC has never been
intended to stop money laundering (at least not within government and
the big banks). It was always a measure of control to ensure that
normal people like you and me have no easy way to off-shore their
wealth.

Now enter the crypto era where suddenly, according to the words of
Obama "Everybody is running around with a Swiss bank account in their
pocket". Now that's an outrageous scenario, isn't it? Imagine free
constituents taking care of their own financials without anybody else
snooping on them.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GFku1YugfS0 Obama Swiss Bank

In the paper the authors haven been classifying the following three
coins along certain criteria involving AML/KYC and GDPR compliance,
which they define as "good".

    Bitcoin (good, but likely not GDPR compliant),
    Zcash (good) and
    Monero (bad, because not AML/KYC compliant).

Now let's jump to the interesting part, where things get really exciting.

Monero as classified in this paper is seen as a risk to public safety
and hence deserves to be state attacked.

Quite a few mechanisms are described in that article that many here
suspected for a long time (e.g. price suppression, network
attacks,...).

To quote the paper:

    "A set of tools to combat privacy-coins may include means of a
different technological, regulatory, economic (fiscal) nature, also
including state attacks on underlying privacy-blockchains. The letter
tool, as possible regulatory access points of the blockchain space,
was already mentioned by Finck [16], however, without further analysis
in that domain. The AML/CFT measures should concentrate on the
cryptocurrency of indicated networks, instead of targeting the people
who are members of their communities. The tools can and should aim
towards reducing the particular currencies’ value, consequently
inducing a voluntary outflow of their users."

Now if we look at the data it might become very clear that certain
state actors in cahoots with certain exchanges have been meddling in
price suppression for some time. At least that's what the data tells
us. Anybody remembers the fractional reserve practices by many of the
big CEX first discovered by the Monero community years before FTX went
down?

You'll find a lot of interesting background data regarding Monero for
those of you who want to dive a little bit deeper here:
https://moneroj.net/metcalfeusd/
The good thing.

Price suppression only works for so long. If usage doesn't decrease
because of the suppressed price like in Monero's case and rather to
the contrary usage and user base grow, the suppressors get into
trouble. We are currently at the point where fractional
reserving/naked shorting/ price suppression however you may call it
stopped to be the leading force. Organic demand, actual use cases.
adoption and also the acceptance in DNM are now guaranteeing a rather
stable environment (you can verify that by looking at Monero's long
term average price).

To conclude this post, we are where we are in this fight because
certain covert attacks no longer work. Them switching their tactic
from covert attacking to attacking in the open shows three things
everybody can observe for themselves.

    They were not successful in suppressing prices and now need to
apply strategies that are more in the open
    They are afraid of the next wave of adoption especially of
protocols they can not surveil or control and that challenge the
dominance of fiat by being used as actual currencies/everyday money
    They are starting to fight everything and running around like
headless chickens which can only be interpreted as a sign of extreme
weakness

Hold the line. Buy some Monero and withdraw and by that help squeeze
the price manipulators out of the market.

This stage (the old system fighting back) in the process of wider
adoption of crypto as actual currency was always envisioned by OGs and
it is meant to be temporary. The old system won't go away with a
fight, but it will go away.

[–]fan_of_hakiksexydaysPlatinum | QC: CC 3122, CCMeta 197 |
r/ButtCoinASA 12 80 points81 points82 points 2 days ago (9 children)

Remember when the NSA was trying to break into Monero to see if they
could remove the anonymity, and be able to see who is using it?

They eventually gave up, and just put out a bounty for anyone in the
world to figure it out. And no one has been able to.

If that isn't the best marketing campaign for Monero, I don't know what is.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]resueman__Platinum | QC: CC 95, ETH 30, CM 16 | CRO 11 | TraderSubs
16 10 points11 points12 points 2 days ago (2 children)

To be fair, while I personally trust Monero and don't think it's been
cracked, I also feel pretty confident that if the NSA had cracked it,
they'd be silent about it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]fan_of_hakiksexydaysPlatinum | QC: CC 3122, CCMeta 197 |
r/ButtCoinASA 12 3 points4 points5 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Fair point lol.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]samios420 0 points1 point2 points 4 hours ago (0 children)

And if they didn’t, they’d still be working on it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]7101334Platinum | QC: CC 62 20 points21 points22 points 2 days ago
(2 children)

Technically that bounty WAS claimed... just not for Monero. Iirc it
was a bounty to crack Monero OR ZCash. Guess which one got cracked?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ghant_Platinum | QC: CC 187, XMR 75 | r/CMS 6 | PCmasterrace 17 9
points10 points11 points 2 days ago (1 child)

Update on that bounty with a FOIA request. It was to crack monero OR
lightening network 🙄

https://np.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/z9j62d/the_irs_bounty_the_full_story/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]7101334Platinum | QC: CC 62 5 points6 points7 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Ah sorry, I was close

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OneThatNoseOnePlatinum | QC: CC 40 10 points11 points12 points 2
days ago (1 child)

And OP makes claims that the price is deliberately suppressed. You can
check out a chart of Monero and the market average and see how much
XMR less strongly trending with BTC and the rest of the market since
2020 or so.

Meanwhile XMR popularity has exploded since then since government
started repressing crypto. It is very weird at the least.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DeathHopperPlatinum | QC: CC 27, XMR 15 | Technology 23 12 points13
points14 points 2 days ago (0 children)

This likely has more to do with exchanges selling "paper tokens" to
people who leave their coins on the exchange. Binance, kucoin and a
few others have failed EVERY monerorun audit ever done. Come April
18th there will likely be an "error" where you can't withdraw because
they simply don't have the coins. Meanwhile they accept your money to
pump their own bullshit coins. Not your keys not your coins....in
fact, the coins may not even exist!

To anyone wanting to participate in monerorun April 18th; simply buy
whatever you can afford and/or most importantly withdraw it from the
exchange to your own wallet!!!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dopef123Silver | QC: SOL 139, CC 109, ETH 61 | CAKE 41 | TraderSubs
56 -1 points0 points1 point 2 days ago (0 children)

That would be a fun job. Try to crack Monero. I think you'd need to be
a Math PhD though.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]evoranger2018Tin | TRX 14 103 points104 points105 points 2 days ago
(72 children)

Monero is the best private peer to peer coin.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIBBronze | BANANO 5 | TraderSubs 13 49 points50
points51 points 2 days ago (17 children)

And it is really underrated. We have no idea how necessary XMR is
going to be in the future.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]honestlyimeanreallyPlatinum | QC: XMR 772, CC 250, ETH 30 |
MiningSubs 50 30 points31 points32 points 2 days ago (15 children)

Seriously. People have no idea how bad the future could get, if we let it.

Owning a couple monero before you need it could really pay off.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Killertimme 16 points17 points18 points 2 days ago (6 children)

I don't know if I want to live in a time where we really need monero.
We probably will also have other worries then

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]honestlyimeanreallyPlatinum | QC: XMR 772, CC 250, ETH 30 |
MiningSubs 50 16 points17 points18 points 2 days ago (3 children)

depending on where you live, the time is already here. things will
accelerate. better to be ready than be regretful.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]resueman__Platinum | QC: CC 95, ETH 30, CM 16 | CRO 11 | TraderSubs
16 10 points11 points12 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Without wanting to get into the politics of the situation at all,
there were the trucker protests in Canada last year where the
government shut off basically every avenue of supporting them
financially though the traditional banking infrastructure. So they
started accepting crypto, including Monero. However you feel about
that particular protest, the freedom to support causes you believe in
reliably and without fear of government retaliation is just about the
perfect example of why Monero matters.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Daddio_87 4 points5 points6 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Change will happen regardless; better to be prepared for the worst
than to stand by and wait to see what happens. It will take the
pushback from EVERYONE to prevent the AUTHORITARIAN control the
governments around the world will try to implement.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Saihras 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Current world: Free west, free corporate west, authoritarian
oligarchy, authoritarian dictatorship, authoritarian backwater
dictatorship, free poor financially enslaved 3rd word.

Everything from china to iceland and ghana is under attack.
Surveillance tech and ai are technology that enable some serious
Dystopian shit.

Blockchain is a cure.

Btc etc: Oversight of Transparency and record for the corporate and
government entities.

Monero: Privacy to the ordinary individual

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]leeljayPlatinum | QC: CC 67 | Superstonk 15 8 points9 points10
points 2 days ago (0 children)

Change will be gradual. You’ll want it at some point

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LUHG_HANIPlatinum | QC: CC 111, BTC 16 | CRO 10 | r/WSB 20 1 point2
points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

We really need monero even donkeys years ago. Who'd have thought
private transactions are nice for private people.

Nobody's reading my snail mail so I don't want them knowing what I
purchased either.

A recent transaction cost 0.60

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]4uckleheadTin | 5 months old comment score below threshold-6
points-5 points-4 points 2 days ago (7 children)

Monero shilling at its finest

I say that as someone who has bought and used it so I'm not anti
Monero but I don't think everyone should buy it now because they'll be
glad they did later

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]honestlyimeanreallyPlatinum | QC: XMR 772, CC 250, ETH 30 |
MiningSubs 50 5 points6 points7 points 2 days ago (6 children)

Can you elaborate on why not?

Even in a vacuum, given monero’s history and uses, it’s an incredibly
asymmetric bet.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Daddio_87 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (2 children)

There is no reason as to why not...

Whether the price goes up or goes down, look at the long term trends.
We already know there are those people that don't want to see common
people switching to privacy coins. As more and more pressure is put on
the crypto community, it could become harder and harder to acquire
said coins. We will be relying more and more heavily on P2P
transactions.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]ride22Tin | BTC critic 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

I keep thinking this as well, and yet I never buy it. Makes no sense
that I dont.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BoobcopterNEO fan 12 points13 points14 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Yes, and it's not even close. I use it for basically everything I do
online. Payments, transferring to exchanges, moving between cold and
hot wallets.

Even if a merchant doesn't accept it, I can just scan the QR-Code
anyways and Monerujo swaps my XMR in the background to whatever is
needed.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dopef123Silver | QC: SOL 139, CC 109, ETH 61 | CAKE 41 | TraderSubs
56 7 points8 points9 points 2 days ago (8 children)

I still need to read the white paper so I can get a better
understanding of why the transactions are private. But I think it's
really cool.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gr8ful4Platinum | QC: XMR 955, BCH 213, CC 25 | BTC critic[S] 11
points12 points13 points 2 days ago (2 children)

You might like what Hal Finney and Satoshi (who basically invented
Monero) had to say...

Only 18 days after the Bitcoin project started, Hal Finney posted the following:

    Looking at ways to add more anonymity to bitcoin

https://twitter.com/halfin/status/1136749815

Satoshi describing the corner stones of the later Monero project in
2010: https://i.redd.it/40zi1zi22ks61.png

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dopef123Silver | QC: SOL 139, CC 109, ETH 61 | CAKE 41 | TraderSubs
56 4 points5 points6 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Wow, thanks. I’ll take a look

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AutoModerator[M] 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Here is a Nitter link for the Twitter thread linked above. Nitter is
better for privacy and does not nag you for a login. More information
can be found here.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please
contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or
concerns.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MoneroArboPlatinum | QC: XMR 933, CC 198, BTC 100 | MiningSubs 178
2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

the original white paper is woefully out of date considering how much
has been upgraded since then but check out

    https://www.getmonero.org/library/
    https://www.getmonero.org/resources/research-lab/
    https://localmonero.co/knowledge

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kgsphinxPlatinum | QC: XMR 73 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (3 children)

Stealth Addresses - on chain, your receive address is encrypted. Only
the transaction parties themselves know which address the XMR was sent
to. Of course, if you send to or from a centralized exchange, there is
no real privacy as the exchange knows who you are.

Ring Signatures and Decoy UTXOs - every input in a transaction has 15
dummy UTXOs chosen (carefully) from the chain, so making every
transaction source difficult to trace unless you know that the dummies
can be eliminated.

Ring Confidential Transactions and Range Proofs - All amounts sent are
encrypted and guaranteed to be > 0.

Also, you can use subaddresses to prevent different entities you deal
with from correlating transactions and knowing that you are the same
person.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dopef123Silver | QC: SOL 139, CC 109, ETH 61 | CAKE 41 | TraderSubs
56 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (2 children)

Oh interesting. Is there any possibility of stablecoins on monero?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]LyuseefurSilver | QC: BTC 28, CC 16 | CelsiusNet. 16 | Superstonk
12 4 points5 points6 points 2 days ago (1 child)

LOL. The USD is already pre-hacked and pre-mined. No one cares (in the
long run). If they suppress the price, they're only burning USD for no
reason and it will actually cause the price to go up in the long term.

These idiots really don't understand economics.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OneloffSilver | QC: CC 235 | DayTrading 142 | TraderSubs 144 2
points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Some of them do, but not everyone who read this article knows. And
that’s the game right there...

The FOMO needs to happen later not now...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mcpickemsPlatinum | QC: XRP 96 | VET 8 1 point2 points3 points 2
days ago (20 children)

Anyone in this thread actually use it peer to peer? Keep hearing this
but have a strong feeling nobody actually uses it for this reason,
only owning it because it can be used for this reason..

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PseudonymousPlatypus 5 points6 points7 points 2 days ago (19 children)

Of course. As opposed to what? People use it regularly.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mcpickemsPlatinum | QC: XRP 96 | VET 8 -4 points-3 points-2 points
2 days ago (18 children)

What? This is a non answer. Who here has used xlm for the payment of
ANY good or service? Literally nobody because nobody who offers goods
or services would want monero… it’s sad to see people hold onto this
idea as exchanges are quite literally going to be forced to delist it
lmao. Pick something else

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PseudonymousPlatypus 5 points6 points7 points 2 days ago (7 children)

No one is discussing XLM. Why did you randomly bring it up?

And tons of people literally use Monero (XMR) for the payment of goods
and services on a daily basis. Including me.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]mcpickemsPlatinum | QC: XRP 96 | VET 8 comment score below
threshold-6 points-5 points-4 points 2 days ago (6 children)

Oh really? Sorry, i mixed up my shitcoin letters. You use XMR or
monero on a daily basis for goods and services? Why are you lying
lmao. If anything it would be once in a while for something actually
realistic…

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TEMPACC200000 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago* (2 children)

You hold the most centralized shitcoin lmao you have no fucking ground
to stand on.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mcpickemsPlatinum | QC: XRP 96 | VET 8 -1 points0 points1 point 1
day ago* (1 child)

I don’t hold any of the coins attached in my name, “ participated” in
that sub several years ago and am currently banned lmao, plus that’s
besides the point and doesn’t counter what i’ve been saying lmao. Have
fun watching your value dissappear when panic selling occurs when fiat
pairings are removed from fiat on and off ramp exchangea

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]mcpickemsPlatinum | QC: XRP 96 | VET 8 -3 points-2 points-1 points
2 days ago* (1 child)

Please enlighten me on what you are using monero to spend for on a
daily basis. You spending your monero on takeout??? Lmao, thanks for
solidifying this thread is filled with people who bought monero and
have it sit in a wallet with the hope of exchanging it for more USD or
EURO’s than what they paid for, and not as a means to evade government
scrutiny for arbitrary reasonings of fake value

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PseudonymousPlatypus 3 points4 points5 points 2 days ago (0 children)

I admit I worded it poorly, but you’re still wrong. I use it
personally probably weekly, but Monero is used in general daily. Food
from vendors etc but mainly online services and ordering things
online. It’s used on the dark web to buy stuff daily. It’s used for
VPN purchases. People buy gift cards to eat, get groceries, go to
movies, etc etc with Monero. You can spend it directly for things in
person with friends. You can buy things on MoneroMarket. Idk why this
is confusing for you. What is so hard to understand about using Monero
to buy things? It’s extremely easy to buy gift cards with Monero for a
variety of things.

I don’t hold very much Monero. As I spend it, I replace it.

Edit: Why did you reply to yourself? Lol

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]gr8ful4Platinum | QC: XMR 955, BCH 213, CC 25 | BTC critic[S] 1
point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

https://nitter.net/CoinCards/status/1644053557287751680

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LUHG_HANIPlatinum | QC: CC 111, BTC 16 | CRO 10 | r/WSB 20 2
points3 points4 points 2 days ago (7 children)

XLM is the coin to use for easy ramps. XMR wipes the floor with actual
transactions on a daily basis for real world goods.

The darknet is ran on XMR now. Only fools use BTC.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SirArthurPTPlatinum 0 points1 point2 points 6 hours ago (6 children)

Bro, because you are a sh*coin bagholder doesn't means XLM has any use
anywhere. I have that too from the airdrop some years ago, yet never
even moved it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LUHG_HANIPlatinum | QC: CC 111, BTC 16 | CRO 10 | r/WSB 20 -2
points-1 points0 points 5 hours ago (5 children)

Who pissed in you cornflakes this morning? I have no XLM at all, never
did. I've used it to swap coins fast and basically free, it's good at
that. What reading comprehension level did you achieve to come up with
that reply?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SirArthurPTPlatinum -2 points-1 points0 points 5 hours ago (4 children)

Firstly you the one who randomly bring XLM to the conversation out of
the blue. Secondly it is "good at that" because it has no value or
userbase, so few users makes anything cheap if by any chance it gets
popular it will become more expensive than ETH - just look at Tron,
was so cheap, wasn't it? Bitcoin back in its early stages was also
free of fees.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LUHG_HANIPlatinum | QC: CC 111, BTC 16 | CRO 10 | r/WSB 20 -2
points-1 points0 points 4 hours ago (3 children)

    Firstly you the one who randomly bring XLM to the conversation out
of the blue.

Go re read the thread you complete moron.

    Secondly it is "good at that" because it has no value or userbase,
so few users makes anything cheap if by any chance it gets popular it
will become more expensive than ETH - just look at Tron, was so cheap,
wasn't it? Bitcoin back in its early stages was also free of fees.

Wtf are you even talking about XLM for? Who hurt you?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]ZelanorBronze 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (7 children)

I don’t understand how you trade this coin peer to peer if everything
is tracked on exchanges

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AmbitiousPhilosopherSilver | QC: CC 229, BCH 166, XMR 17 | NANO 997
| r/WSB 10 8 points9 points10 points 2 days ago (5 children)

Peer to peer doesn't require any exchange to exist.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ZelanorBronze -1 points0 points1 point 2 days ago (4 children)

So how do you exchange it with one another? Monero website

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AmbitiousPhilosopherSilver | QC: CC 229, BCH 166, XMR 17 | NANO 997
| r/WSB 10 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (2 children)

We both have a wallet app on our phones, I send them the money, then
leave with the goods.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ZelanorBronze 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (1 child)

How can we trust that app

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MoneroArboPlatinum | QC: XMR 933, CC 198, BTC 100 | MiningSubs 178
5 points6 points7 points 2 days ago (0 children)

it's open source, can be reviewed by anyone, and critical components
have been professionally audited

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kgsphinxPlatinum | QC: XMR 73 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago
(0 children)

Cakewallet - http://cakewallet.com.

Monerujo - https://www.monerujo.io/

GUI wallet - https://www.getmonero.org/downloads/#gui

Feather wallet - https://featherwallet.org/download/

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PseudonymousPlatypus 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

…? P2P and exchanges are opposites.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]prisoner101301 -4 points-3 points-2 points 2 days ago (1 child)

Ever heard of GRIN? it's supposed to be made for privacy. There isn't
even a known total amount.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TEMPACC200000 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

That's a premined scam

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]NotACryptoBro 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (1 child)

It is and to be honest I don't even know another one. Just wish it had
a better name.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PseudonymousPlatypus 3 points4 points5 points 2 days ago (0 children)

It’s one of the best names of any coin. Using Esperanto to highlight
the global accessibility concept, a deviation from reliance on any
single nation. Symbol of hope. Using the word “coin” to keep it simple
and keep it about what it’s supposed to all be about.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Lokiee0077Platinum | QC: ETH 36 | TraderSubs 36 0 points1 point2
points 2 days ago (0 children)

Monero is like the Batman of cryptocurrencies - it operates in the
shadows and keeps your transactions private, just like the Dark Knight
keeps his true identity hidden from Gotham!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MyOtherAcctsAPorschePlatinum | QC: CC 54, BTC 20 0 points1 point2
points 2 days ago (5 children)

Ignorant here: can it do anything fancy like stable coins or nft, or
is it a native token only thing ?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LUHG_HANIPlatinum | QC: CC 111, BTC 16 | CRO 10 | r/WSB 20 2
points3 points4 points 2 days ago (1 child)

Monero is private bitcoin. Nothing more nothing less.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kowalabearhugsPlatinum | QC: XMR 218, CC 16 | MiningSubs 20 0
points1 point2 points 4 hours ago (0 children)

The singular mission of Monero, private fungible digital cash, is one
of it's strengths.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kgsphinxPlatinum | QC: XMR 73 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

People have started creating NFTs of sorts called Mordinals. Most of
the community does not approve and are making it difficult to do so.
It's not meant to be an NFT platform. It's supposed to be Bitcoin with
privacy built in at the base layer.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]evoranger2018Tin | TRX 14 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It's just for buy and selling stuff

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]evoranger2018Tin | TRX 14 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

But no one can trace you, to see what you bought, or even who you are

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MindTheMindForMind 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Monero the new villain for CBDCs!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]evoranger2018Tin | TRX 14 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Good fuck them, go Monero go

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BaecchusPlatinum | QC: CC 541 | r/WSB 11 19 points20 points21
points 2 days ago (3 children)

I don't have any Monero. Or do I?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DAMG808Tin | CC critic | AvatarTrading 19 4 points5 points6 points
2 days ago (0 children)

Hehe....

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dopef123Silver | QC: SOL 139, CC 109, ETH 61 | CAKE 41 | TraderSubs
56 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

I used to have money in my bank account. But now it's *not anything at all*.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TEMPACC200000 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Hey avatar bro

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KifDawgBronze | Stocks 13 21 points22 points23 points 2 days ago (4 children)

I love monero, it's unfortunate I lost it all in a boating accident

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cyclicampPlatinum | QC: CC 386, ETH 72, XMR 37 | GRLC 6 | Politics
100 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (2 children)

Hey everyone, this person has boat money! Let’s get ‘em!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IamKingBeaglePlatinum | QC: CC 94 | Politics 19 1 point2 points3
points 2 days ago (0 children)

My boating arm!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CryingRipperTear 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

nah, lost the boat as well

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LUHG_HANIPlatinum | QC: CC 111, BTC 16 | CRO 10 | r/WSB 20 0
points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

It's so bizzare. I seems to have issues around boats also.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]timekeeper9000 14 points15 points16 points 2 days ago (1 child)

Interesting perspective to read.I've always liked XMR and I think it's
what people thought BTC is(private,anonymous,untraceable)

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Killertimme 8 points9 points10 points 2 days ago (0 children)

It really represents what crypto should be.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Setyman 49 points50 points51 points 2 days ago (19 children)

Monero can't be killed. Their tries are futile.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BrocoliAssassinSilver | QC: BTC 218, CC 105 | CelsiusNet. 25 31
points32 points33 points 2 days ago (9 children)

Even the 600k bounty is laughable.

Imagine if someone was able to break encryption. Why would they settle
for a measly 600k?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ghant_Platinum | QC: CC 187, XMR 75 | r/CMS 6 | PCmasterrace 17 6
points7 points8 points 2 days ago (1 child)

Update on that "claimed" bounty with a FOIA request

https://np.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/z9j62d/the_irs_bounty_the_full_story/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OneloffSilver | QC: CC 235 | DayTrading 142 | TraderSubs 144 4
points5 points6 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Thanks for sharing that, very interesting read and information.

Cheers!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kirtash93The Ash Ketchum of Crypto | Gotta Catch 'Em All 17
points18 points19 points 2 days ago (3 children)

They tried to kill drugs, to kill the dark and deep web. Good luck
trying to kill crypto and Monero. I challenge them to try it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]honestlyimeanreallyPlatinum | QC: XMR 772, CC 250, ETH 30 |
MiningSubs 50 12 points13 points14 points 2 days ago (1 child)

The biggest indicator they won’t be able stop a truly
adversarial-resistant crypto is p2p file sharing. It’s illegal, it’s
more centralized, it’s been around longer than crypto and yet… nothing
is really stopping anyone from engaging in it other than fear.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ghant_Platinum | QC: CC 187, XMR 75 | r/CMS 6 | PCmasterrace 17 4
points5 points6 points 2 days ago (0 children)

I still use soulseek! old software, but works like a fucking charm for
instant p2p file sharing

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Bigote_de_SwannTin | GME subs 10 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago
(0 children)

The US never tried to kill drugs

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Giga79Silver | QC: CC 404, ETH 125 | LRC 55 | TraderSubs 47 2
points3 points4 points 2 days ago (1 child)

If they think $600k is a viable price for what they likely see as a
weapon, just imagine what other things get bought and sold for ~$600k
we never hear about.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BrocoliAssassinSilver | QC: BTC 218, CC 105 | CelsiusNet. 25 2
points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Yeap. It's sadder when you see the low prices our politicians have
sold out for (not that should be selling out anyways).

I think what's crazier is that their entire job revolves around
numbers. You would think they would have a better grasp on how hard it
is to crack it all and everything that surrounds it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mercme2023 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

No sh!t

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OneThatNoseOnePlatinum | QC: CC 40 7 points8 points9 points 2 days
ago (1 child)

I have realised that for years it looked like XMR was being
deliberated ignored and the price suppressed.

Because for many years XMR was doing well in lime with the market and
al of a sudden it just seemed to hit a ceiling, meanwhile the hype in
the community itself was higher than ever. All when governments really
started cracking down seriously down a few years back.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]InsaneMcFriesPlatinum | QC: CC 256 4 points5 points6 points 2 days
ago (0 children)

More difficult to acquire and as the OP says, less visibility. Binance
AU doesn’t even allow trading of the coin. I have a lot of hope for
XMR in the next bull market though.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dopef123Silver | QC: SOL 139, CC 109, ETH 61 | CAKE 41 | TraderSubs
56 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

It will be interesting if a large state actor does try to take down a
cryptocurrency network. Hard to imagine how it'll go.

Probably the best way to attack is to compromise core devs and make
them sneak in some sort of backdoor.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Hawke64Platinum | QC: CC 199 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (5 children)

It can get delisted from major exchanges though

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BoobcopterNEO fan 10 points11 points12 points 2 days ago (2 children)

That would just mean that it can be tracked even less. With KYC
exchanges they have at least some idea what's going on.

There are atomic swaps XMR<->BTC, so there will always be a way to get
however much Monero you want.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Double-LRPlatinum | QC: BTC 17 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (1 child)

What is atomic swap? Got a good resource I can learn about this at?

I’d love to swap some sats for xmr. Especially if it’s just like zap!
and now I have xmr. That would be pretty cool.

But my sats are kyc so… I need resources.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]OfWhomIAmChiefPlatinum | QC: XMR 66 2 points3 points4 points 2 days
ago (1 child)

It already is, most exchanges dont touch Monero. Besides Binance who
are the price suppressors and Kraken, any other exchange that lists it
is shady imo

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LUHG_HANIPlatinum | QC: CC 111, BTC 16 | CRO 10 | r/WSB 20 1 point2
points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Bin and Kraken don't support XMR in most European countries as well now.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HoldUpHoldMyBeerThe Bitcoin Heretic | Monero Enjoyer 15 points16
points17 points 2 days ago (1 child)

Chain analysis gave up.

Governments gave up.

You see the pattern.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dopef123Silver | QC: SOL 139, CC 109, ETH 61 | CAKE 41 | TraderSubs
56 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

We give up? Is that the next part of the pattern?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ninja_Gogen 23 points24 points25 points 2 days ago (9 children)

I started small DCA recently. This is a long hold for me. A lot of the
things that make Bitcoin great, but even more privacy.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gt4674bTin 23 points24 points25 points 2 days ago (8 children)

All the things that make Bitcoin great plus fungibility

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gingeropolousPlatinum | QC: XMR 515 | MiningSubs 20 17 points18
points19 points 2 days ago (1 child)

Plus a PoW that can't be regulated, co-opted, etc.

Asics are so fucking dumb

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]resueman__Platinum | QC: CC 95, ETH 30, CM 16 | CRO 11 | TraderSubs
16 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

And p2pool is slowly starting to remove the danger of even the big
mining pools. I doubt I'm even covering electricity costs, but it
still feels nice to make a noticeable amount of money by having my
computer mining in the background too.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OfWhomIAmChiefPlatinum | QC: XMR 66 4 points5 points6 points 2 days
ago (0 children)

Hes right you know^

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Aeriq comment score below threshold-10 points-9 points-8 points 2
days ago (4 children)

🙄 the amount of people who accept Bitcoin has nothing to do with
Bitcoin itself but ok.

Also, sats may be the most fungible money ever created so not quite
sure what your comment even suggests monero has on BTC lol

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BuildAQuadBronze | IOTA 12 5 points6 points7 points 2 days ago (0 children)

I think the comment is refering to blacklisted bitcoin adresses used
in illegal activities. Making some bitcoin less valuable as it can
cause trouble.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OfWhomIAmChiefPlatinum | QC: XMR 66 0 points1 point2 points 2 days
ago (2 children)

Ill send you some Bitcoin to your main address and Id like to see you
try to cash it out.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MyOtherAcctsAPorschePlatinum | QC: CC 54, BTC 20 0 points1 point2
points 2 days ago (1 child)

Silly q: can't you route it through lightning and back to clean it?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Stray_Gh0stTin 7 points8 points9 points 2 days ago (1 child)

I dont own any Monero. ;)

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]jojoO_0Boating disasters... 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Nope me neither.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]honestlyimeanreallyPlatinum | QC: XMR 772, CC 250, ETH 30 |
MiningSubs 50 9 points10 points11 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Great post. Love monero.

Everyone deserves privacy.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OfWhomIAmChiefPlatinum | QC: XMR 66 8 points9 points10 points 2
days ago (0 children)

The most undervalued and underrated coin in the entire space that
should be in at least 3rd highest market cap spot, behind Bitcoin &
Ethereum.

My friends and family used to laugh at me preaching Bitcoin in 2013,
now they all ask for my advice. The only advice I have given is to buy
some Monero and hodl. Impending CBDCs will create a need for XMR. Too
bad I lost my triple digit amount in a boating accident.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]OisinTTin 7 points8 points9 points 2 days ago (0 children)

There's always Monero in the banana stand

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ThiccMangoMonCertified Wombus 6 points7 points8 points 2 days ago
(0 children)

im glad it wasn't killed.. monero is everything that a good
cryptocurrency should be

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KnackeredParrotPain & Gainz 20 points21 points22 points 2 days ago
(6 children)

Still don't own any but forever intrigued

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]skystarsss 27 points28 points29 points 2 days ago (1 child)

NOBODY owns monero hun

😉

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JesusSon7777Tin 8 points9 points10 points 2 days ago (0 children)
1 rule of Monero Club

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mnkbstard 16 points17 points18 points 2 days ago (0 children)

    Still don't own any

wink wink ;

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Hawke64Platinum | QC: CC 199 5 points6 points7 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Monero? Never heard about it 😐

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]improbableyam 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Yeah, I definitely don't either, officer.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dopef123Silver | QC: SOL 139, CC 109, ETH 61 | CAKE 41 | TraderSubs
56 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Same?... Or do I have millions of dollars worth?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rileymillz 5 points6 points7 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Monero is No1

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mercme2023 13 points14 points15 points 2 days ago (1 child)

The most interesting crypto in the world. Sweet, sexy, strange,
suspicious Monero.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Apocalypsis_veloxPlatinum | QC: CC 84 2 points3 points4 points 2
days ago (0 children)

Monero: my first crypto love. I don't have nearly enough!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1Tim1_15Platinum | QC: CC 740, BTC 210, XMR 51 | ADA 23 12 points13
points14 points 2 days ago (3 children)

This needs to be said again: privacy is a human right, not a luxury.
If you don't have privacy, you're in a totalitarian state.

The current govts want to control us and CBDCs are one way to do this.
That's why they hate any decentralized currency, especially Monero.

If your elected official is against decentralized crypto, cash, or
privacy, they are out to control you, period. Even if they're with
your preferred party, they are your enemy.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]TheGarbageStorePlatinum | QC: BTC 40 | TraderSubs 43 comment score
below threshold-7 points-6 points-5 points 2 days ago (2 children)

Privacy is not a human right: it appears nowhere in the Universal
Declaration of Human Rights. There is a growing consensus in the First
World that privacy is an obsolete concept. The idea of a right to
privacy in the 2020s has often been weaponized by right-wing
ideologues to defend fundamentally antidemocratic practices they use
to maintain disproportionate power.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1Tim1_15Platinum | QC: CC 740, BTC 210, XMR 51 | ADA 23 2 points3
points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

"TheGarbageStore," huh? What's your real name if privacy is so
unimportant and antiquated and right-wing? What's your BTC address?

So, you never whisper something to another person so that others can't
hear, you never use blinds on your windows at home, you never use any
kind of encrypted tunnel including https when on the internet...com'on
man. You sound like a NPC who has no idea what he's talking about if
you think privacy is the nonsense you just spouted.

Does something have to be written in order for it to be a right? You'd
love Germany in the 1930's.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AncestralManocall me Moon Samurai 10 points11 points12 points 2
days ago (0 children)

Privacy matters.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Expensive-Tap420Platinum | QC: CC 51 | CRO 11 | ExchSubs 11 4
points5 points6 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Fuck the state

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Prize-Reference9329 6 points7 points8 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Monero is one of the best coins out there.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Suitable_Algae_2539 9 points10 points11 points 2 days ago (0 children)

This is the kind of post I come here for. Thank you for the info and
for the time to post it here!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]elysiansaurusPlatinum | QC: CC 20 | CAKE 6 | r/WSB 286 5 points6
points7 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Bullish on voldemorteloninu. Glad to see that monero can hold up
against an attack.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]thom_orrow 5 points6 points7 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Good old Monero.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cumbersomecloudTin 4 points5 points6 points 2 days ago (0 children)

XMR is cool. It's not a token I expect to explode, but I stocked up
when it was just above $100. I plan on keeping it long term.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]arcalusPlatinum | QC: CC 182 4 points5 points6 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Important to state that one of the main culprits of the price
suppression was BINANCE.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]urbanhikers 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago (0 children)

MoneroRun on April 18!! Interesting, Mr. Gensler being grinded on the
same day in front of House Financial Services Committee. Is it some
kind of nature's coincidence!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mishaog 5 points6 points7 points 2 days ago (1 child)

Monero will always be with us, it's our best friend when things turn
to shit. I'm not using it but I see a future where I have to

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Octopus-PawnPlatinum | QC: CC 575 0 points1 point2 points 2 days
ago (0 children)

I hope we will live in a world where Monero isn’t necessary, but I
don’t expect it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Sugar_PhutTin 6 points7 points8 points 2 days ago (0 children)

My boat accident was almost 2 years ago now

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TruthSeeekeerPlatinum | QC: CC 1034 5 points6 points7 points 2 days
ago (0 children)

I feel like their attacks on Monero will make it even more popular and
known worldwide. As this happens, people will become more aware of the
benefits of Monero and adoption will (ironically) increase

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Florian995Tin 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Well the US gov set a bounty to crack it but Monero is too well built

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SolutarSilver | QC: CC 174 | NANO 32 2 points3 points4 points 2
days ago (5 children)

Does Monero have fees?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ghant_Platinum | QC: CC 187, XMR 75 | r/CMS 6 | PCmasterrace 17 1
point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Less than a penny

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]youcantexterminateme 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (3 children)

yes, Im no expert but the fees are low but thats probably because use
is low, compared to bitcoin anyway. If it reached the scale of bitcoin
the fees would likely be higher because privacy has some cost. I could
be completely wrong. If so I hope someone corrects me.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Akan2Redditor for 1 months. 7 points8 points9 points 2 days ago (1 child)

Monero has adaptive block size to reduce fees and confirmation times
when usage spikes

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]youcantexterminateme 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

how is that predicted to compare to btc if it was at a similar transaction rate?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ghant_Platinum | QC: CC 187, XMR 75 | r/CMS 6 | PCmasterrace 17 2
points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

That's addressed in this thread

https://np.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/snr0va/transaction_fees/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BenDover___Tin 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Montero > CBDC

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SlipperRich 3 points4 points5 points 2 days ago (0 children)

So fucking cool. Very bullish on XMR.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]4rkal 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Monero is basically what people think Monero is...

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]qkju 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]DontTickleMeow 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Nice research. Thank you!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Lokiee0077Platinum | QC: ETH 36 | TraderSubs 36 1 point2 points3
points 2 days ago (0 children)

Looks like Monero has become the Voldemort of the cryptocurrency world
- the coin that shall not be named. But even the Dark Lord's enemies
failed in their attempt to take down Monero. Maybe they should have
consulted with Harry Potter first.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Illicitterror 1 point2 points3 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Still to this day nobody has been able to crack Monero. That says a
lot with all the hacks going on

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AanetzTin 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Monero was Voldemort all along

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KorlithielPlatinum | QC: CC 473 | Apple 356 0 points1 point2 points
1 day ago (0 children)

Harry Potter, and the cryptocurrency of secrecy. An introduction to
anonymous payments on the web, for novice witches and wizards.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]johnfoss68Platinum | QC: XMR 533, CC 20 1 point2 points3 points 22
hours ago (0 children)

Monero is unstoppable.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Impossible_Soup_1932Platinum | QC: CC 286 | ADA 8 2 points3 points4
points 2 days ago (1 child)

It’s a really strong project, it has achieved top spot in its niche.
It won’t make you rich because it’s not a coin the masses will buy.
But it does what it was made for

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CryptizardAcademic Cryptographer 6 points7 points8 points 2 days
ago (0 children)

It’s not designed to make anyone rich, it is designed to be a
privacy-preserving, anonymous electronic currency. And it knocks it
out of the park.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AFadedTin | 1 month old 2 points3 points4 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Next to bitcoin, monero is bestcoin.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dietmar_der_DrPlatinum | QC: CC 597, Kucoin 96 | LRC 18 | ExchSubs
96 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

What in the actual persecution complex is saying "the coin that shall
not be named"[actual name of the coin]. If you actually believe you
can't name the coin, then don't name it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AccomplishedRun7978Tin -1 points0 points1 point 2 days ago (0 children)

I just use the Bermuda dapp now. It makes any token a privacy coin.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mcpickemsPlatinum | QC: XRP 96 | VET 8 -1 points0 points1 point 2
days ago (0 children)

When exchanges have to delist monero, good luck seeing value added in
the long run. When you can’t convert it into cash, what’s the point?
An unnecessary bridge coin to “stay anonymous” that can’t be widely
used for goods and services directly seems pretty dumb to spend money
to own..

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Low-Opportunity-3447Tin -2 points-1 points0 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Ok give me more moons

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]ETHBTCVETTin | CC critic | Hardware 11 comment score below
threshold-8 points-7 points-6 points 2 days ago (0 children)

The amount of shill this coin gets here will make it fall, US couldn't
do it but you guys will bring down Monero on its knees, you jinxed
USDC and DAI and now you will fuck up Monero, good job.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TinaBack43Platinum | QC: CC 59 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago
(0 children)

Is this coin like Moldemort?!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Teeroy_JenkinsTin 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (2 children)

I get everyone being jokingly cryptic about this. But how does one (in
the US) actually acquire Monero?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gr8ful4Platinum | QC: XMR 955, BCH 213, CC 25 | BTC critic[S] 3
points4 points5 points 2 days ago (1 child)

Kraken (CEX/KYC), Localmonero (P2P), Bisq (DEX) or by just swapping
any other coin for it....

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Teeroy_JenkinsTin 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

In hindsight that was extremely lazy of me but thanks!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Budget_Muffin7766Tin 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

State attack on Voldemort coin?!?!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]moneyneversleeps_ 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

What is Monero ???? Never heard of it 😐

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AromaticCarobPlatinum | QC: CC 48 | CelsiusNet. 5 0 points1 point2
points 2 days ago (1 child)

Where's the best place to buy monero/xmr? CoinGecko says they kraken
has it but if you search for it on there it says, "this coin has been
delisted."

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gr8ful4Platinum | QC: XMR 955, BCH 213, CC 25 | BTC critic[S] 0
points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Are you in the UK?

Localmonero.co has a great experience. It's a P2P market.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nwanstan 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Monero can not be killed, its stand there unfazed

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]organisednoiseTin 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (3 children)

How do I get XRM, is the only way through a no KYC exchange? I want to
buy some things…..

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gr8ful4Platinum | QC: XMR 955, BCH 213, CC 25 | BTC critic[S] 1
point2 points3 points 2 days ago (2 children)

Kraken (CEX/KYC), Localmonero (P2P), Bisq (DEX) or by just swapping
any other coin for it....

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]organisednoiseTin 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (1 child)

In Australia it’s prohibited for exchanges to allow trading of privacy
cryptos like XMR. I originally signed up for Kraken for XMR but the
trade and swap functions are disabled, you can only watch its charts.
I’ll suss those other platforms you mentioned.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TEMPACC200000 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Psst... there's a way to get that illegal stuff. That real good stuff,
ya hear me? It's called Localmonero

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dense_Outcome_7684 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

I actually believe Monero is superior to BTC, but idk why I don't own any.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MatchboxVader22[🍰] 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

The John Cena of crypto.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Human_Frame1846 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Was mining what i thought to be monero came to find out was wasting my time hah

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Waiting-For-Godot-64Tin 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Gonna go get a few. BRB.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Vegetable-Coat-1956 0 points1 point2 points 2 days ago (0 children)

Did Chainalysis finally figure out how to track Monero?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TechnologheePlatinum | QC: CC 44 | Investing 15 0 points1 point2
points 2 days ago (0 children)

Yeesh….

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kgsphinxPlatinum | QC: XMR 73 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

The Monero project has achieved relative stability over the last few
years. The community is really strong. New code is being added all the
time, both on the main project and related projects. I first tried
Monero in 2017 and was underwhelmed by the slowness of it all, but
they have stuck to it and made improvements that other projects only
dream of. Recently, one of my biggest gripes, scan time, was greatly
reduced. I think it's more than usable by the average Joe today, given
the available mobile wallet options. It's not a heavy "trading
vehicle" since it isn't offered on a lot of centralized exchanges, and
I think the price is a bit more stable than most. Still volatile, but
there's good reason to have confidence that it will grow in
popularity. It offers confidentiality that very few other projects
can.

The easiest way to get your hands on some is to trade something like
ETH, LTC, XLM, BTC for it through an instant exchange. Try
https://exch.cx or other options at http://kycnot.me.

If you need to make use of it, you can always buy gift cards through
Cakewallet or Coincards.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]redWeddingzTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Where can I learn more about monero ?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]wicker_89 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Shh, don't tell the government, but I actually started mining XMR this
week on an old PC.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mr_MokotaTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Monero must be the coin with the smallest circulating supply,… so many
people lost their stack in a boating accident. xD

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gr8ful4Platinum | QC: XMR 955, BCH 213, CC 25 | BTC critic[S] 0
points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Yes, but there are plenty of paper coins in CEX.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AberdreamGamingTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

What? Monero? Never heard of it. Never used it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]pet2pet1982Withdraw all your funds from large centralised
exchanges! 0 points1 point2 points 4 hours ago (0 children)

Excellent article. Remember April 18 Monerun : BUY and withdraw all
your XMR from all the centralised exchanges!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MoneroWTFPlatinum | QC: XMR 411, BTC 170, CC 103 | Privacy 18 0
points1 point2 points 2 hours ago (0 children)

I remember the days of command line only Monero. It's gotten world's
easier for sure

    embed
    save
    report