Response to NY FOIL request FOIL-2022-090440-018156

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Fri Sep 30 10:11:06 PDT 2022

Mr. Bogdan:

We would like to appeal this FOIL determination.

Specific to scholarships in Africa, Goldman Sachs has issued advertisements
as principal funder of Africa's largest online University.

DFS having no records associated with 'one of the world's largest minority
scholarship programs...' that is funded out of New York would allude to
willful negligence on behalf of New York's financial regulators.

Recently, we received a FOIL denial for any and all records related to DFS'
approach to obstruction of justice as part of the FOIL process. DFS
responded, saying we are making "incoherent and general" records requests.

So please let me clarify:

As a Bill and Melinda Gates Scholar, I personally have an obligation to
make sure our firm does not willfully ignore DFS having no records related
to potentially the world's largest scholarship fraud funded out of New
York.

Warm regards,

Gunnar

Gunnar Larson