Fwd: AI, APIs, and how to detect live deepfakes in video calls

Tue Sep 13 14:15:16 PDT 2022

Apologies for not filtering and forwarding this safely and properly.
There are a number of items of possible interest in this corporate
blog, including new pop cryptography news and some deepfake security.
Want to talk to a better chatbot than the public free ones? Talk to a
robospammer.

I ran into personal issues trying to copy the article content into
this mailing list. My browser also unsubscribed me from O'Reilly while
I was sending this.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 07:11:34 -0600
Subject: AI, APIs, and how to detect live deepfakes in video calls

O'Reilly
Radar Trends Newsletter

September 2022

Every month on our Radar blog, Mike Loukides tracks the faint signals
of emerging tech trends that will shape our future to help you get a
first look at what’s coming next—and prepare for it. What’s Mike
watching this month?

A plausible argument that natural language models can be made to
reflect human values (without raising the question of consciousness or
sentience). A neural network from cultured neurons. A Tesla chore
robot. The API economy. A chip that democratizes the hardware needed
to train and run large language models. Chatbot security. A trick for
detecting live deepfakes in video calls.

And so much more. Check it out:
https://www.oreilly.com/radar/radar-trends-to-watch-september-2022/