Trump Administration Prosecutor Charges in New Book that Justice Department Was Corrupted by Trump and Attorney General William Barr

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Tue Sep 13 08:25:44 PDT 2022

Two new nonfiction books are being released today. Bestselling author and
anthropologist Sarah Kendzior’s book, *They Knew
<https://www.amazon.com/They-Knew-Culture-Conspiracy-Complacent/dp/1250210720/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2R5TWRVBF0BOY&keywords=they+knew+sarah+kendzior&qid=1662491335&s=books&sprefix=they+knew%2Cstripbooks%2C125&sr=1-1>*,
describes Donald Trump as a “transnational career criminal.” The book from
the former top federal prosecutor in the Southern District of New York
under the Trump Justice Department, Geoffrey Berman, a Republican,
reinforces Kendzior’s thesis with the revelation that Trump’s Justice
Department was weaponized “to aid the President’s friends and punish his
enemies,” both foreign and domestic.

One of the most outrageous demands from the Justice Department, writes
Berman, was “pressure to pursue baseless criminal charges against John
Kerry, who had served in the Obama administration as secretary of state.”
Berman writes the following in *Holding the Line: Inside the
Nation’s Preeminent US Attorney’s Office and Its Battle with the Trump
Justice Department
<https://www.amazon.com/Holding-Line-Preeminent-Attorneys-Department/dp/0593300297/ref=sr_1_1?crid=331XAC0TT4PEH&keywords=holding+the+line+geoffrey+berman&qid=1663068764&sprefix=holding+the+line%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-1>*
:

“Throughout my tenure as U.S. attorney, Trump’s Justice Department kept
demanding that I use my office to aid them politically, and I kept
declining — in ways just tactful enough to keep me from being fired.”