[ot][coding-therapy?] Moronism And The Thorough Code Review

Thu Oct 27 16:30:01 PDT 2022

Another issue around thorough review is the idea of noting down parts
of a novel abstraction. This is very hard for me, long story short.
Quite hard. But, when pondering the spdlog project, I realised it was
a helpful step for learning thorough review.

One might avoid note-taking to practice one's memory: but if the
problem is in the actual behavior, i.e. simply spending time
sustaining a behavior, then notes are a useful tool one wants to be
able to use, and can increase how much success one gets. Success can
help a lot with learning things, now, for me, and when the number of
psychological issues I'm coping with at once is reduced, I can make
much more progress.

Having written some parts of thoroughly solving a software problem in
my second post in this thread, I may be able to draw on those parts a
little so as to make thorough notes about a software system, when
severely struggling to engage it.

Maybe thorough review + notes could help me engage random writes? I'm not sure.

But I've really spent a lot of time trying to defend my habit of
practicing building logical things, and it's something that's often
ready and interesting for me to do.