Cryptocurrency: WTF Happened In 1971?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:49:48 PDT 2022

https://wtfhappenedin1971.com/
https://wtf1971.com/reading-list/
https://twitter.com/WTF_1971
https://discord.gg/3qv6Wf2
https://wtf-1971.creator-spring.com/
https://wtfhappenedin1971.com/podcast-discussions-in-order-of-appearance/

WTF Happened In 1971?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/599460007284834324/785851255108141056/unknown.jpeg

“I don’t believe we shall ever have a good money again before we take
the thing out of the hands of government, that is, we can’t take it
violently out of the hands of government, all we can do is by some sly
roundabout way introduce something that they can’t stop.” – F.A. Hayek
1984

    Newsletter
    Get WTF 1971 Merch
    Support Our Research
    Discussions

WTF Happened In 1971?

Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand
Basic Economics by Henry Hazlitt

The History of Money and Banking in the United States by Murray Rothbard

The Road to Serfdom by F A Hayek

The Ethics of Money Production by Jorg Guido Huulsman

Human Action by Ludwig Von Mises

Democracy the God that Failed by Hans Herman Hoppe

The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous

Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution by Anthony Sutton

Anatomy of the State by Murray Rothbard

The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels by Alex Epstein

The Tragedy of Liberation by Frank Dikotter

Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates by Brian Kilmeade

Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl

Man Economy and State by Murray Rothbard

The 7th Property by Eric Yakes

For a New Liberty by Murray Rothbard

The Dao of Capital: Austrian Investing in a Distorted World by Mark Spitznagel

October 18, 2022
#83 Price Deflation (The End of Laissez-Faire Part 6)

Read Part 5 of this Series Author’s note: This series of blogposts
will be my paraphrased notes on a lecture given by Murray Rothbard
called “The American Economy and the End of Laissez Faire“. This…
October 6, 2022
#82 The National Bank Act & Industrialization (The End of Laissez-Faire part 5)

Read Part 4 of this Series Author’s note: This series of blogposts
will be my paraphrased notes on a lecture given by Murray Rothbard
called “The American Economy and the End of Laissez Faire“. This…
October 5, 2022
#81 Lasting Effects of the Civil War (The End of Laissez-Faire part 4)

Read part 3 of this series Author’s note: This series of blogposts
will be my paraphrased notes on a lecture given by Murray Rothbard
called “The American Economy and the End of Laissez Faire“. This…
October 4, 2022
#80 Expansion of Statism & the Civil War (The End of Laissez-Faire part 3)

Read Part 2 of this series Author’s note: This series of blogposts
will be my paraphrased notes on a lecture given by Murray Rothbard
called “The American Economy and the End of Laissez Faire“. This…
October 1, 2022
#79 The Protestant Revival (The End of Laissez-Faire part 2)

Read Part 1 of this series Author’s note: This series of blogposts
will be my paraphrased notes on a lecture given by Murray Rothbard
called “The American Economy and the End of Laissez Faire“. This…
September 30, 2022
#78 The American Political System (The End of Laissez-Faire part 1)

Author’s note: This series of blogposts will be my paraphrased notes
on a lecture given by Murray Rothbard called “The American Economy and
the End of Laissez Faire“. This means the post will contain some…
August 16, 2022
Fiat Lux: The Origins of Modern Money

Author’s note: This article was originally written and published on
medium in the Spring of 2021 (and then also published in Bitcoin
Magazine), but it was a compilation of a lot of the work I…
February 14, 2021
#77 Reader Q&A: Unemployment and Recessions

Hi Collin, A friend pointed me at Unpopular Opinions 119 where you are
Ben wereguests.  I hadn’t seen it before or heard of WTF1971 or
Bitcoin EchoChamber.  You stood out as the one who could…
October 4, 2020
#76 Base Layer Settlement

An important distinction we like to make, which I feel is often lost
in confusion these days, is that the differences between a currency
and money is mostly semantics. Allow me to explain… The historical…
October 1, 2020
#75 The Asymmetry of Risk & Reward

It seems to be commonly misunderstood today, the relationship between
risk and profit for the entrepreneur and the vital role the
accumulation of capital plays in a free and fair society. An
entrepreneur (or at…