Fwd: FOIL Request No. 2022-090560 - Larson

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Thu Oct 13 01:50:08 PDT 2022

“We would like to receive any and all records, relating to NY-DFS' 2021
Apple Card
Investigation. This is one part of a broader discussion we must have about
equal credit
access. On March 23, 2021, Ms. Linda Lacewell published NY-DFS' Findings on
Apple
Card and its Underwriter Goldman Sachs Bank. As the former Superintendent
of NY-
DFS, Ms. Lacewell's stone faced propaganda assured that Apple Card did not
discriminate against women, while under Goldman Sachs management. The red
flags
started to appear when an authorized user drew attention to the following:
A person who
relies on a spouse's access to credit, and only accesses those accounts as
an authorized
user, may incorrectly believe they have the same credit profile as the
spouse. We recently
collated 61 highlights to the Report on Apple Card Investigation from March
2021:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xH16OKyuXzB-MVqIznMWDE9w8RRdmZCw/view
The Apple Card investigation was to assess women's access to equitable
finance. The
integrity of the Apple Card investigation must be rationally considered as
flawed. We
would like to receive any and all records of Ms. Linda Lacewell's (emails,
texts, and
similar) involvement with the 2021 Apple Card report. We would like to
receive any and
all records to NY-DFS association to evaluating Ms. Linda Lacewell's
ability to score a
report specific to the Apple Card's core subject of credit access for
women. Finally, we
would like to receive any and all records related to NY-DFS guidance on
Interlocking
Directorates
(
https://www.dfs.ny.gov/apps_and_licensing/banks_and_trusts/other/Permission_for_Inte
rlocking_Directors_and_Officers), specific to Apple's Board of Directors
and Goldman
Sachs' Board of Directors.”