[ot][spam][crazy][log] transformer?

Thu Oct 6 08:09:12 PDT 2022

2022-10-06 1319+0000 I’m back for a bit after some things. I feel like
looking at the code some more. I have a couple hours to my
appointments, and am ready enough to go.
1349 I’ve gotten through the attention output. Torch has an existing
function for calculating cosine similarity. Cosine similarity is
simply the normalized dot product of the vectors: i.e. the cosine of
the n-dimensional angle between them. I’ve pushed my draft to git.
Next is organisation, testing, and then often a bit of recoding when I
find my mistakes. Noting I still have time before my appointments.
1430 I’ve quickly organised the draft a little and tested it imports
and constructs without parse failures. Pushed to git. I’m spinning out
a little. My appointments are soon. Next is relearning to use this
library to test my added algorithm.
1436 Since I copied an existing algorithm almost exactly, I can run
all its tests on my copied code. The tests also include an example of
using it, which seems the simplest way to learn this. I’m running into
pytest crashing weirdly after updating a dependency.
1457 looks like i need to enable the [dev] extra on mosaicml composer
to pull in the test dependencies. the tests run now! i have 5 mistakes
to resolve.
1503 i pushed a change to git. the vanilla tests are segfaulting on my
system associated with tensorflow. my algorithm doesn’t use tensorflow
so i drill down into just it. the tests over the algorithm all pass —
but having looked at them i know they don’t verify its output, just
its structure. next is to try to use the code to do something simple,
and compare a result to without the change.
my appt is at 1600; i’m in the habit of going a little early to
protect against missing it from weird states of mind i can have.