[ot][spam][crazy] coding therapy: maybe a bugfix?

Wed Nov 23 03:34:16 PST 2022

yeah here it is:
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/weabit/weabit/wabv2.pl?revision=1.2&view=markup

I want to see if i can make a cvs git remote to use git to manage changes.

Maybe I can try this: https://github.com/rcls/crap

$ crap-clone :pserver:anonymous at cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/weabit weabit

seems to work NOTE: crap-clone says on their website [readme file] to
use git2cvs instead. oops. I'll stick with what i did for now.

okay:
- add internationalization to emails
- add support for non-english wikinews hubs
- the file is wabv2.pl

thoughts:
- I think this perl script is the backend server. I'm imagining either
multiple processes running at once in parallel, one for each language,
which might help isolate crashes a little when encountered, but can
make systems more confusing to troubleshoot, or a single process that
iterates over all the languages.
- maybe it could be fun to procedurally retrieve all the languages

The languages are listed at
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q5296#sitelinks-wikinews . There are 34
of them. Pretty impressive !!!! There are languages in this list I
don't recognise at all, as well as languages I do recognise as
possibly being held with conflict in my culture.

I think I'll try to retrieve the language list.