Large datasets missing off wikileaks.org for weeks

Sun Nov 20 15:53:58 PST 2022

On 11/20/22, Douglas Lucas <dal at riseup.net> wrote:
> See below.
>
> On 11/20/22 19:15, Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of
> Many wrote:
>>> along these lines in her new book, too. That will have consequences. The
>>> antonym of narcissism is effort.
>>
>> I disagree with much of how you say things here ("Assadnge?" why would
>> anybody ever say this unless trying to participate in political
>> targeting of him?), but I agree on this last sentence.
>>
>> These are important documents and we should be engaging wikileaks and
>> the internet in general in an attempt to recover them.
>
> Great, we can recover the records of Syria-Russia bank deal that
> WikiLeaks hid
> https://www.dailydot.com/debug/wikileaks-syria-files-syria-russia-bank-2-billion/
>
> and engage with WL to procure the publication of the audio files of what
> happened in this meeting
> https://archive.nytimes.com/thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/30/assanges-father-met-assad-in-damascus/
>
> since everyone involved is so in favor of transparency for politicians
> behind closed doors, etc.

Not sure what you’re assuming here, but I support file recovery and
distribution, and I hope you are well.

To relate, it’s normative to engage with web admins around broken
links. It’s alao normative to scrounge from other avenues than the
original releaser. That assad meeting sounds super helpful as well.

Regarding the first article, I have no way of knowing why it says
that, but my understanding is that it is common for targeted groups to
both have agents placed in them to redirect internal activities, and
to also be misrepresented publicly.