1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:52:57 PST 2022

Snipers Drones SpyVeillance deployed against Freedom of Speech

Arizona Prayer Rally Under Surveillance As Members Gather In 'Free Speech Zone'

https://www.theepochtimes.com/arizona-prayer-rally-under-surveillance-as-members-gather-in-free-speech-zone_4863690.html

Woke Propaganda Fail

Get Woke, Go Broke: Disney To Lay Off Employees After Billions In
Operating Losses

The company that once defined family entertainment is going from media
giant to epic failure, suffering over $1.4 billion in streaming losses
and a stock drop of around 39% for the year.  And, it would appear
that these financial declines are inevitably leading to employee
layoffs.

Disney has put a freeze on hiring, it is limited employee travel and
is also reviewing workers for efficiency with plans to introduce cuts
as a means to make the company "more nimble."  CEO Bob Chapek noted in
a leaked memo to senior staff:

"As we work through this evaluation process, we will look at every
avenue of operations and labor to find savings, and we do anticipate
some staff reductions as part of this review.

...I am fully aware this will be a difficult process for many of you
and your teams. We are going to have to make tough and uncomfortable
decisions."

Chapek mentions in the same memo the problem of "macroeconomic
factors" out of Disney's control.  He does not, however, mention his
habit of bending the knee and groveling to woke activists, attempting
to sabotage Florida's anti-grooming legislation for public schools, or
the company's steady supply of content that pushes far-left
narratives.

It is not so much the "macroeconomic factors out of Disney's control"
that are causing the conglomerate's downfall.  Rather, it is all the
factors within their control, including their refusal to produce
content that consumers actually want.  American audiences are done
with leftist propaganda in their films and television and are now
actively researching and avoiding any content that promotes woke
ideology and social justice talking points.  After around five years
of consumers withholding their money, Disney is finally starting to
feel the pain.

This is what happens when a company markets its products to a tiny
minority of leftist activists and LGBT fanatics, most of whom have
very little money to spend anyway.  Specifically, parents are
concerned with Disney's "family entertainment" evolving to focus on
LGBT characters, being that LGBT concepts are purely sexual in nature
and far outside of the understanding of the average child.
Highlighting the obscure sexuality of characters within a children's
production is a bizarre notion.

Furthermore, the company's hostility towards Florida's Parental Rights
In Education bill, which makes it illegal for public school teachers
to groom young children with sexualized concepts and gender ideology,
raises questions among consumers about Disney's agenda in
entertainment.

It is therefore no surprise that the company is now floundering, with
a vast array of politically motivated box office bombs and streaming
disasters that struggle to bring in even moderate viewership.  Though
they will never openly admit it, ultimately, Disney proves yet again
that going woke also means going broke.