[ot][spam][crazy][random]-3

Sun Nov 13 02:14:39 PST 2022

something random! and new and fun!

one of the daydreams that backed the supersampling goal was a project
for recovering video from unlit recordings, basically doing things in
feedback with subtle patterns in the noise.

I came up with it just as a fun signals challenge during chemotherapy.
I ended up building a robot instead (video linked elsewhere on this
list). But it was a fun goal!

I was imagining that maybe there were existing patterns in
environments that were everywhere, that I could start with in order to
begin mapping large surfaces from long dark videos. I imagined things
like maybe a fridge, for example, running a motor a frequency low
enough that surfaces would very subtly change in a regular way.

It didn't really matter to me if the magnitudes of the data didn't
line up, it was fun to just work on something.