[ot][spam][random][crazy][random][crazy]

Thu Nov 10 08:36:28 PST 2022

i'm thinking about how to simplify this, when seeing a failure has
such huge feedback

a really clear thing would be setting the lower frequency regions of
the original fft to 0.
then, simply performing the ifft on the result, will make something
similar to the original signal. data will be missing.
this original signal can be upsampled by simply processing the sines
and cosines at higher density

but a bunch of information will be lost, because it has been turned
into moireish stuff at the lower frequencies.

ideally, when we took the fft, we would do it in a way that assumed
the actual sampling we were performing ...