USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 04:28:25 PST 2022

>> Democrats Wheel Out Obama To Triage Midterm Bloodbath
> what really is the Obama they wheeled out?

Apparently just another sleazy dirtball high crime politician,
instead of talking anything about the Truth of Intercept
exposed Social Electioneering Fraud in 2020, he
just slanders his own "Our Democracy" for political gain...

"When True Democracy Goes Away, People Get Hurt": Obama Joins Mantra
That Democracy Is At Risk If GOP Wins

https://jonathanturley.org/2022/11/06/when-true-democracy-goes-away-people-get-hurt-obama-joins-the-vote-democratic-or-die-mantra/
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3721139-constitutional-defamation-democrats-not-democracy-are-in-danger-this-election/

https://theintercept.com/2022/10/31/social-media-disinformation-dhs/

Former President Barack Obama continued the Democratic campaign theme
this week in arguing that democracy is in danger if Republicans
prevail in the midterm elections. I have a new column out this weekend
addressing the over-the-top rhetoric coming from Democratic
politicians and pundits. However, the former president’s speech was
revealing as he cited the very arguments made by Democrats  . . . as
attacks on democracy.  Obama did not go as far as some but he also
seemed to channel the dire warnings of the imminent collapse of our
democracy if the Republicans should prevail in the elections.

Obama remains one of the most impressive speakers of our time. With
the unpopularity of President Joe Biden, candidates are relying
heavily on Obama for good reason. His standard stump speech is still
heads and shoulders above most other politicians.

Yet, the speech below was notable in the arguments that Obama warns
voters not to heed.

    “I understand that democracy might not seem like a top priority
right now. Especially when it doesn’t seem like the results always
work for you. When you don’t see enough progress on issues that matter
to you and your family. Sometimes progress is slow. But we have seen
throughout history and we’re seeing right now what happens when you
give up on democracy.”

It was a curious argument given the effort of many in the party to
pack the Supreme Court and push censorship on social media.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass, has declared the Supreme Court
illegitimate and has called to pack the Court for rending opinions
against “widely held public opinion.”

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., even questioned the
institution’s value: “How much does the current structure benefit us?
And I don’t think it does.” She has now demanded the impeachment of
Justices Kavanaugh and Gorsuch based on the entirely false claim that
they lied under oath in their confirmation hearings. After the Dobbs
decision, Ocasio-Cortez demanded “there must be consequences” for the
Court.

Elie Mystal (past writer for Above the Law and the Nation) called the
Constitution “trash.” Some law professors want to “reclaim America
from Constitutionalism.”

Obama added that you see the threat to democracy “in countries where
the government tells you what books you can and cannot read.” Yet,
many on the left are seeking to preserve censorship by surrogate on
social media and seeking to prevent the publication of books by those
with whom they disagree, including a book by Supreme Court Justice Amy
Coney Barrett. With corporate censorship threatened, many leaders like
Hillary Clinton are turning to good old-fashioned state censorship.

Indeed, President Joe Biden has questioned how citizens will know the
truth without censors framing what the truth is on social media and
the Internet.

Obama ended this discussion with the same ominous warnings heard from
other Democratic politicians and pundits:  “when true democracy goes
away, people get hurt.”

Various pundits have been pushing the vote-Democratic-or-die mantra.
On MSNBC, historian Michael Beschloss on MSNBC declared a Republican
win could lead not only to the end of history books and democracy but
lead to the killing of our children. That was then followed by another
MSNBC interview with actor and Director Rob Reiner who claimed that
Republicans “are willing to kill, literally kill, to get the power . .
.  this might be the last election we have in a democracy.”

It is language that is not just demagoguery but dangerous. It is meant
to spread fear in citizens and make them believe that our
constitutional system is about to fail. We have the most successful
constitutional system in the history of the world. It has weathered
every storm and will weather our current political divisions. What
kills democracy are self-inflicted wounds caused by those who cast
doubts about our safety or demonize their opponents as enemies of the
state.