1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:48:56 PDT 2022

> You stupidly keep paying for their PsyOps against you

YouTube CEO Reassures Davos Elites That They Will Continue To Control
The Narrative

https://gop-foreignaffairs.house.gov/press-release/mccaul-releases-addendum-to-origins-of-covid-19-report/
https://www.wsj.com/articles/intelligence-on-sick-staff-at-wuhan-lab-fuels-debate-on-covid-19-origin-11621796228
https://theintercept.com/2021/09/09/covid-origins-gain-of-function-research/
https://twitter.com/GOPoversight/status/1450934193177903105
https://nypost.com/2022/04/01/new-york-times-finally-admit-hunters-laptop-is-real-but-only-to-protect-joe-biden/

https://www.cato.org/blog/new-poll-75-dont-trust-social-media-make-fair-content-moderation-decisions-60-want-more

Yet another story out of Davos that went mostly unnoticed by the
mainstream, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki addressed issues of
“misinformation” on the internet at the WEF forum and how the content
platform plans to deal with it.

As we all know, the concept of “misinformation” is treated arbitrarily
by Big Tech corporations according to whatever narrative corporate
oligarchs and governments want to push at the time. If you are
confused as to what they consider misinformation to be, just take any
fact, piece of evidence or opinion that's contrary to the mainstream
narrative of the day and assume it is now “misinformation.” It's as
simple as that.

We saw this with painful clarity throughout the covid fear campaign of
the past two years. Any discussions on medical facts that did not
support the CDC, the WHO or Anthony Fauci's assertions that we should
be living in terror were swiftly removed from social media. In the
meantime, corporate legacy media outlets were pushed the forefront and
widely promoted despite their lack of audience support.

The acceptable narrative was this – The masks work, the lockdowns
work, the vaccines work, and vaccines passports are necessary and
justified. If you tried to point out that the evidence showed any or
all of these claims were false, you were probably censored or blocked
by a Big Tech platform or two.

If you pointed out that the Level 4 virology lab in Wuhan China is the
most likely source of the Covid-19 virus, then you were probably
censored. If you pointed out that Anthony Fauci and his cohorts funded
gain of function research on covid at the Wuhan Lab, then you were
accused of spreading “misinformation.” If you pointed out that the
average vaccine is tested for 10-15 years while the covid mRNA
vaccines were barely tested at all before release, then you were
probably blocked for “misinformation.” All of these things are
considered facts or are greatly supported by hard evidence today, but
two years ago they were labeled misinformation on YouTube.

And what about the Biden Laptop story? Oh yeah, that was called
“misinformation” too, even though it was indeed a concrete fact.

Wojcicki has left little doubt that despite YouTube being caught
numerous times mislabeling the truth as misinformation, the company
will continue on the same exact path and serve establishment
interests.

The CEO suggested at the Davos conference this past week that the
platform would work harder to remove incentives for the publishing of
“misinformation.” The WEF made this query during the interview:

    WEF: “So it sounds like, bury, to the extent that you can, things
that are not credible sources and don't recommend. But it also still
sounds like a work in progress, do you think it always will be a work
in progress?”

    Wojcicki: "I think there'll always be work that we have to do
because there will always be incentives for people to be creating
misinformation...The challenge will be to keep staying ahead of
that...I think there'll always be work. But after all this work that
we have put in, this has been a huge initiative for us for at least
over, you know, five, six years. I think we've come a long way. And I
would challenge you if you go and you look and you do a search or you
look at your home page in terms of what you're seeing when it comes to
sensitive topics, you're going to see them coming from more
authoritative sources.”

Beyond the suppression of alternative media sources with inconvenient
facts, Wojcicki noted that the terms of service for YouTube would
adapt to events. Despite the fact the YouTube still allows Russian
news to operate on the site, the narrative could still be molded,
suggesting that criticism of the Ukraine narrative could now be
considered a violation.

    Wojcicki: “...What we saw was if there was denial or
trivialization associated with the conflict, with the war in Ukraine,
that would also become a violation. So, the first and most important
thing for us was to really focus on the responsibility, figure out how
we could be good players in making sure that users can get
authoritative and the right information. And what we're really seeing
in this conflict is that information does play a key role, that
information can be weaponized.”

Of course, the weaponization of information is exactly what social
media platforms including YouTube have been engaged in lately. This
can be done through suppression of honest sources as much as
censorship.

As the legacy media continues to falter and lose its audience to the
alternative media, the establishment narrative must be encouraged by
some other means. Big Tech platforms have taken up the propaganda
mantle, asserting that information must now be filtered by the
“authorities” instead of being allowed to spread freely. According to
YouTube and other companies, average people are not capable of
deliberating on data and information themselves and coming to their
own conclusions. This is apparently too dangerous to allow.

But who determined that Big Tech corporations are qualified to dictate
what is factual and what is misinformation? No one voted for them to
do the job and very few people want them to do the job. According to
polls, around 75% of Americans do not trust social media to make fair
content moderation decisions. While 63% of people say they support the
“removal of misinformation,” most people could not agree on what
misinformation actually is. In the minds of establishment bureaucrats
and Big Tech, they are the one's that decide what it is. In other
words, label the truth a threat and then offer to be a moderator for
that threat, and in doing so gain power from thin air.