Assange's Case #FREEASSANGE

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu May 26 23:40:14 PDT 2022

They're Worried About The Spread Of Information, Not Disinformation

https://caityjohnstone.medium.com/theyre-worried-about-the-spread-of-information-not-disinformation-6791fb66389a
https://consortiumnews.com/2022/05/22/pressure-mounts-on-patel-over-assange-decision/
https://caitlinjohnstone.substack.com/p/twitter-to-ramp-up-censorship-of
https://caitlinjohnstone.substack.com/p/oh-god-its-going-to-get-so-much-worse
https://www.mintpressnews.com/cia-israel-mossad-jeffrey-epstein-orwellian-nightmare/261692/
https://archive.ph/zxS65
https://caitlinjohnstone.substack.com/p/us-officials-admit-theyre-literally
https://twitter.com/DecampDave/status/1512153522183229446
https://twitter.com/Consortiumnews/status/1528526148099002368
https://caitlinjohnstone.substack.com/p/if-it-feels-like-youre-being-manipulated

We’re in the final countdown to British Home Secretary Priti Patel’s
decision on the fate of Julian Assange, with the WikiLeaks founder’s
extradition to the United States due to be approved or rejected by the
end of the month. Joe Lauria has a new article out with Consortium
News on the various pressures that Patel is being faced with from both
sides of this history-making issue at this crucial time.

And I can’t stop thinking, as this situation comes to a boil, about
how absurd it is that the US empire is working to set a precedent
which essentially outlaws information-sharing that the US doesn’t like
at the same time western news media are full of hand-wringing
headlines about the dangerous threat of “disinformation”.

    'Disinformation' Label Serves to Marginalize Crucial Ukraine Facts
https://t.co/f9iQoHXzpT
    — FAIR (@FAIRmediawatch) May 18, 2022

Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) has an article out titled
“‘Disinformation’ Label Serves to Marginalize Crucial Ukraine Facts”
about the way the mass media have been spinning that label to mean not
merely the knowing distribution of false information but also of
information that is true but inconvenient to imperial
narrative-weaving.

    “In defense of the US narrative, corporate media have increasingly
taken to branding realities inconvenient to US information goals as
‘disinformation’ spread by Russia or its proxies,” writes FAIR’s Luca
Goldmansour.

Online platforms have been ramping up their censorship protocols under
the banner of fighting disinformation and misinformation, and those
escalations always align with narrative control agendas of the
US-centralized empire. Just the other day we learned that Twitter has
a new policy which expands its censorship practices to fight
“misinformation” about wars and other crises, and the Ukraine war
(surprise surprise) will be the first such situation about which it
will be enforcing these new censorship policies.

Then there’s the recent controversy over the Department of Homeland
Security’s “Disinformation Governance Board,” a mysterious institution
ostensibly designed to protect the American people from wrongthink
coming from Russia and elsewhere. The board’s operations (whatever
they were) have been “paused” pending a review which will be led by
Michael Chertoff, a virulent swamp monster and torture advocate. Its
operations will likely be resumed in one form or another, probably
under the leadership of someone with a low profile who doesn’t sing
show tunes about disinformation.

And this all comes out after US officials straight up told the press
that the Biden administration has been deliberately sowing
disinformation to the public using the mainstream press in order to
win an infowar against the Kremlin. They’ve literally just been
circulating completely baseless stories about Russia and Ukraine, but
nobody seems to be calling for the social media accounts of Biden
administration officials to be banned.

    Pressure Mounts on Patel Over Assange Decision https://t.co/QrSC9V4HSf
    — Consortium News (@Consortiumnews) May 23, 2022

You see so many discrepancies between what the oligarchic empire says
and what it actually does regarding the issue of disinformation
because the empire has no problem with disinformation.

The empire that is built on propaganda and lies has no problem with
propaganda and lies. It has a problem with the truth.

They’re not worried about disinformation, they’re worried about
information. They’re worried about journalists using the unprecedented
information-sharing power of the internet to reveal inconvenient facts
about the largest and most murderous power structure on earth. They’re
worried about people finding out that they’ve been lied to their
entire lives about their world, their nation and their government.
They’re worried about people using their newly connected minds to
decide together that they don’t much like the status quo as it’s been
laid out for them, and deciding to build a new one.

All the safeguards they’re setting up now to manipulate the flow of
information online are not there to eliminate lies, they’re there to
eliminate truth. These people have a vested interest in keeping things
dark and confused, and we the ordinary people of the world have a
vested interest in shining a big inconvenient spotlight on everything.
The elite agenda to keep things endarkened is at direct odds with the
people’s agenda to get things enlightened.

We are not being protected by a compassionate alliance of corporations
and governments who only want us to know the truth, we are being
manipulated and oppressed by an oligarchic empire that wants us to
believe lies. That’s why they’re locking up Assange, that’s why
they’re censoring the internet, that’s why they’re filling our minds
with propaganda, and that’s why we can’t let them win.