Morning Spam

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:16:30 PDT 2022

-----

persona [ripped into different pieces, moved around a table for
study]: "what's important is that people actually discuss security
issues, especially when they are worsening and being taken advantage
of."

persona pieces: "i went to a cryptoparty once. this
professional-looking person said they had come from a nearby city, had
spent time reverse engineering some stuff, this talk gave them
immediate credibility. then during the group talks, they tried to
teach everyone that all but the weakest vulnerabilities were outside
of any possible threat model. they didn't demonstrate any actual
in-depth technical experience. "

persona pieces: "now i've learned that groups are actually sending
people around to reduce security, it makes sense. this guy must have
been doing that."

persona pieces: "meanwhile, all our _normal people_ are getting _used
as bots_, almost certainly by nations we are in conflict with. if this
isn't true, who is going to tell the experts? that somebody else is
protecting everyone? because everybody else does not look like they
know what they are doing, at all."