USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat May 21 18:36:55 PDT 2022

> Biden has a history of ignoring the Constitution and
> getting smacked down by the Courts for it.

Illegal Biden gets spanked AGAIN...

Federal Judge Blocks Biden Admin's Termination Of Title 42

https://www.theepochtimes.com/court-blocks-biden-administration-from-ending-title-42-border-order_4426604.html
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3496264-judge-blocks-biden-from-rolling-back-title-42/

With Title 42 - the Trump-era border management policy that allowed
officials to quickly expel foreign nationals at the border due to
health concerns - due to end on Monday (as part of the Biden admin's
overhaul of the immigration system - that is clearly working so well),
a Federal Judge from Louisiana issued a temporary restraining order
blocking the Biden admin from terminating the Trump-era policy.

U.S. District Judge Robert Summerhays, a Trump appointee, announced on
April 25 his intent to enter a temporary restraining order that forces
the administration to keep enforcing Title 42.

He delayed the actual decision because he took issue with some of the
language proposed by the states, and out of a desire to ensure the
order doesn’t interfere with the “legitimate use of law enforcement
discretion” afforded to immigration enforcement officials. He offered
that he wanted the order to, “in the least disruptive way” address the
states’ concerns.

Summerhays directed the parties to confer and try to reach an
agreement on certain issues and, if they couldn’t, he said they would
hold another status conference to hammer out the differences.

They apparently have not and so Summerhays granted a preliminary
injunction to a group of GOP state attorneys general challenging the
policy change.

In an earlier hearing, Summerhays said the plaintiff states, which
include Missouri and Louisiana, have demonstrated that the federal
government likely violated the Administrative Procedure Act (APA) with
its April 1 announcement that the emergency order would be terminated
in May, according to the transcript.

    “I also find that the record supports a showing of immediate and
irreparable harm. The states contend that the termination of the Title
42 suspension orders will result in increased costs and burdens,
including increased healthcare costs. The Court concludes that the
record supports these allegations and that the fact of those increased
costs is sufficient to support injunctive relief,” Summerhays said.

    “The Court also finds, as far as the balance of harms, that a
temporary restraining order restoring the status quo to immediately
prior to the April 1st order will result in little injury to the
defendants, and that any such injury is outweighed by the injury
caused by a result of the implementation of the April 1st order
without the states having an opportunity to fully vet their APA
claims, and that a temporary restraining order will not disserve the
public interest.”

The states had argued in filings that the Biden administration
wouldn’t suffer from a block against scaling back the order, since the
administration itself delayed the termination until May 23.

As The Hill notes, the injunction is a political victory for the red
states that brought suit, but it could also help the Biden
administration ease pressure on immigration, as high numbers of
crossings are expected to continue throughout the summer.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said last week that his
agency is preparing for a possible flood of immigrants attempting to
enter the United States through its southern border when Title 42
border restrictions were supposed to be lifted next week.

As we noted previously, the head of the Border Patrol union warned
that drug cartels would seize “complete control” of the southern
border, as a Trump-era public health order to expel illegal immigrants
is to expire on Monday.

    “That we just don’t have anybody in the field, that we just can’t
patrol the border,” National Border Patrol Council President Brandon
Judd said during Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom,” after being asked
about the “worst-case scenario” once the law ends on May 23.

He said the Border Patrol system is running out of capacity as
overwhelmed border agents will be largely held up by processing
asylum-seeking illegal immigrants, either refereeing their claims or
expelling them back to their home countries.

    “When you look right now, we already start our shifts with 50
percent of our resources not even performing enforcement activities.
They’re in administrative duties. Once this explodes, we’re going to
have nearly 100 percent of our people doing administrative duties
rather than enforcement duties.”

    “That’s going to give complete control to the cartels. That’s a
scary situation to be in,” he added.

Finally, we note that timing of the block could be very good for the
Biden administration as anxiety over MonkeyPox spread begins to build.