[ot][wrong] Please let me sleep outdoors in the coldest winter. Was: Re: PLEASE LET ME SLEEP OUTDOORS

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat May 21 06:59:56 PDT 2022

On Thu, May 12, 2022, 11:13 AM Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of
Many <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2022, 4:36 PM Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of
> Many <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2022-03-21 thru 2022-03-27: [X] Week 1 of Wim Hof Cold Protocol, 30
>> seconds cold water daily. Performed indoors.
>>
>> 2022-03-28 thru 2022-04-12: [ ] it simply got harder and harder to shower
>> at all as I stretched the cold water time toward 1:30 in week 2 and
>> discovered my water could be made colder than I had had it before
>>
>> 2022-04-14 thru 2022-04-15: [X] Custom protocol reacclimation, ramped up
>> in five second intervals from 5 seconds to 30 seconds, every time I ate
>>
>> 2022-04-16 thru 2022-04-22: [X] Ramped up from 35 seconds through 60
>> seconds, in 5 second intervals, every time I ate
>>
>> > 2022-04-22 1930 ET: [X] 65 seconds
>>

>> 2022-04-23 1130 ET: [X] 1:05
>>
>> Still harder than last month. But I'm feeling confident with my
>> consistency.
>>
>> My funny experiences stepped in around when 60-65 seconds hit. I fumbled
>> the timer and did it a few seconds longer than planned, and they came in
>> and it felt really cold suddenly.
>>
>> 2022-04-23 1714 ET: [X] 1:05 cold water, indoors, no food, no cookie
>> difficulty: easy-medium
>>
>> I thought I'd stop eating immediately with showering to get myself to do
>> it, if it seemed reasonable, since the instructions said not to do the
>> breathing it seemed there was likely value around not needing the food.
>>
>> In retrospect it was a bad time to stop a reinforcement because the first
>> 4-5 timing devices I tried for measuring the time had mysteriously stopped
>> functioning in some way or another. So I'm on the raspberry pi now instead
>> of a phone, for editing this email.
>>
>> The shower wasn't too hard, but the difficulty timing it is worrisome.
>> Gotta keep it smooth and continuing. I was happy going some seconds over
>> the time.
>>
>> 2022-04-24 0907 ET: [X] 1:05 cold water, food after completion, indoors
>> Difficulty: easy-medium
>>
>> Refraining from eating until afterward.
>>
>> It takes a little conscious effort to adapt to the cold water when it
>> turns cold, which is interesting.
>>
>> Weather is warming and air is getting warmer. Thinking of keeping ice
>> near the shower to cool the air a little.
>>
>> Upping time to 1:10 .
>>
>> 2022-04-24 1416 ET: [X] 1:10 cold water, food after, indoors
>> Difficulty: medium
>>
>> 2022-04-24 1809 ET: [X] 1:10 cold water, food after, indoors
>> Difficulty: medium
>>
>> I was anxious and stayed in the warm water first for some time. Then
>> turned it cold and used that nascent willpower to handle the chill.
>>
>> The ability to direct my attitude around the temperature has been
>> developing slowly and shakily. I've had a big problem with willpower;
>> engaging it can cause psychotic issues. But here it's been gently growing
>> in part of me, feeling different from the big issues. Very rare and hopeful.
>>
>> I got cold in the water and got goosebumps this time. The alarm went off
> [...]

2022-05-13 0707 ET: [X] 1:55, not very cold, with chocolate and food, warm
day. easy.

The water wasn't that cold again, so I stayed in an extra minute and left
it running a trickle.

When I started, it was a difficult space in my mind, at the edge of an
inhibition, but with some power from the recent energy around upsetness.
I'm lucky I made it. Something to try to repeat with more stability.

2022-05-14 1208 ET: [X] 1:55 colder water, food after.

Running the water a trickle seemed to help the temperature. See if I can do
a week of 2:00 .

2022-05-15 1349 ET: [X] 2:00 cold water, medium-hard

2022-05-16 1254 ET: [X] 2:00 water, medium-easy, food after

The water didn't really feel cold. I'm a little worried about the warm
weather. But it did feel somewhat cold. I let another faucet drip to try to
cool it.

2022-05-18 0625 ET: [X] 2:00 cold water, medium. with food

I was shivering _before_ I got in, so ran the water warm for a bit.

2022-05-19 1030 ET: [X] shower 4 day 5, 2:00 cold water, medium. with food.

2022-05-20 0840 ET: [X] shower 5 day 6, 2:00, easy, w/ food

2022-05-20 1459 ET: [X] shower 6 day 6, 2:00, medium-hard, w/ food

water was much colder. I showered twice because of amnesia and confusion, I
didn't realise.

2022-05-21 0957 ET: [X] shower 7 day 7, 2:00, medium-easy, food after

i've been focusing on my face, since that's the most exposed part in the
winter, but my face got easier and I noticed my arms and hands got cold and
focused on them. my family has reynauld's syndrome (where your extremities
get colder), so it's pleasant to think of strengthening them, which I have
in the past.

this is day 7 of 2:00 so I totally did it ! gotta find something new in
that book.