[ot][spam][crazy] inhibition efforts: daily behaviors
0xloem at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:37:31 PDT 2022
> - continued repetition of a baseline to establish a norm
- think of something one is doing _more_ than desired, and every time it is
done, do the task to establish a baseline of. keep the intensity such that
this works rather than breaking.
- if a behavior is fragile and must develop, increase the baseline only
after it is well-established. even if this means almost nothing, and
pairing with a strong reward.
- if a behavior is strong, develop its baseline quickly.
- a way for me to give feedback on how easily i am able to continue a
> - if the baseline does not repeat, reduce it to something that can
- tasks have different properties (activity, duration, discomfort) -- these
are all things to consider holding at a baseline or logging, to help sort
- I found it helpful to have a sugar cookie at moment of onset (and never
else), for a hard thing. this may work even better with nicotine, caffeine,
or other drug.
- it seems helpful to journal and/or consider how things go, each behavior.
this can lead one to notice powerful problems or opportunities.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 2202 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the cypherpunks