When The Government Plays God: The Slippery Slope From Abortions To Executions

Izaac izaac at setec.org
Thu May 19 11:32:50 PDT 2022

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 05:46:21PM -0400, Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many wrote:
> > On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 06:14:27AM -0400, Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One
> > Victim of Many wrote:
> > > fetuses get rights if animals get rights
> >
> > So your proposed solution to the killing unborn humans is to reduce the
> > dignity of all humans to slaughterable animals?
>
> No! Does what I say imply this to you?

It certainly does.  Because what you say only makes sense if fetuses
have no rights and animals have some rights.  Only in that context can a
nebulous someone let a fetus "get" the rights of an animal.  (Which are
what, incidentally?)

Now, counter that with the concepts of rights as established in the
United States.  Therein, the rights of Men are endowed by the Creator
and animals are a resource to be managed as Men see fit.  In such a
context, a Man is not "elevated" to the position of a resource.  The
start higher and are reduced.

The question -- in a very real, legal sense -- becomes the determination
as to when creation occurs.  Conception or birth?  Which involves the
interesting philosophical discussion, "Who is the creator?"

I think it ought to go without argument that the one described by the
Founders in the Declaration of Independence is the Divine Creator.  But
even the most atheistic secular humanist cannot escape the act of
creation being the combined activities of a man and woman.  This points
directly at conception -- since birth is a consequence of that act and a
woman cannot clone herself.

Now if you want to leave the United States for a place whose laws are
structured around the concept that the monarch (or heaven forbid a
state) owns the person as property and conveys rights at their
discretion, you are welcome to do so.  But here in America, we shot an
awful lot of Englishmen and other Americans to establish the novel
system which I describe.  And will undoubtedly shoot an awful lot of
anyone else that tries to revert it to one of persons as animal property.

--