God-Emperor of the MIT Library again

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 18 23:21:08 PDT 2022

MIT Press's venture into this domain. I do have on one shelf the MIT Press ed. of Alastair Brotchie's excellent 2011 biography Alfred Jarry: A Pataphysical Life, though I was astounded even when I picked it up that the work had been published by MIT Press . . . shortly thereafter, I was amazed to see that MIT Press had published (2012) Andrew Hugill's title 'Pataphysics: A Useless Guide (also on the same shelf), a further exploration and history of Jarry's "science of imaginary solutions" examining "the laws governing exceptions". (Equipped also with the Exact Change [Boston, 1996] edition of Jarry's Exploits & Opinions of Dr. Faustroll, Pataphysician [Taylor, tr.], I considered myself equipped and inspired to craft my own introductory essay "Illustrated Comments on the Apophatapataphysical Metrics of Cosmic Humor", the first and only exposition known to yours truly which serves as a quantum-era refurbishment of classical pataphysics--online, @ Fictionaut, under "strannikov" for interested readers.)