1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue May 17 22:05:01 PDT 2022

>From WEF to COVID to Economy to War,
drills have uncanny way of becoming reality before long...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqXu-5jw60 duck and cover

Feds Begin 'Major Radiological Incident' Drill In Austin

Dozens of local, state, and federal agencies have begun conducting "a
major radiological incident exercise" in Austin, Texas.

The Cobalt Magnet 22 exercise is led by the U.S. Department of
Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration in partnership with
the Austin Homeland Security and Emergency Management Office, bringing
30 agencies together in a field training exercise to combat threats of
radiological attacks

    Reminder: This week, @NNSANews radiological incident response
personnel, with Austin HSEM and other federal, state and local
partners, will participate in Cobalt Magnet, a large consequence
management field training exercise. (1/2) pic.twitter.com/P3BD8Ei1UN
    — Austin Emergency Management (@AustinHSEM) May 16, 2022

Austin Emergency Management tweeted the exercise will take place in
various locations around the metro area this week. "You may see people
in protective clothing using equipment and/or low-flying aircraft,"
the local agency said, adding "It's just an exercise."

    Cobalt Magnet 22 will take place at various locations around
Austin this week. You may see people in protective clothing using
equipment and/or low-flying aircraft. Remember: It’s just an exercise!
(2/2)
    — Austin Emergency Management (@AustinHSEM) May 16, 2022

The exercise is considered regular training and will help scientists
and technical experts with radiological monitoring and assessment. It
began on Monday and will last through Friday.

    "The City of Austin is pleased to welcome NNSA and the numerous
local, state and federal agencies participating in Cobalt Magnet.

    "Our goal in this exercise is to test our procedures and make
improvements to ensure we're keeping the Austin/Travis County
community protected," Juan Ortiz, Director of Austin's Homeland
Security and Emergency Management Office, told Austonia.

So the bigger question ... WHY is the government preparing for a dirty
bomb or radiological dispersal device attack on a city now?