[ot][spam][crazy] confused thoughts on proxied mailbombs

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Tue May 17 02:09:57 PDT 2022

kaboom!

suddenly in one's inbox is a pile of stuff
too much stuff.

bombs weren't meant to break mailboxes with too much cellulose. i'm not
sure what bombs are for.

I remember in middle school when mailbombing was a thing. some people would
run a program or write a script to send way too many emails to somebody.

it honestly had never happened to me before, that I recall, until these
recent years. I got a huge set of subscriptions to arbitrary advertisement
lists, all using the same distribution backend. and recently i'm getting
these list unsubscription requests via cypherpunks, which uses mailman as a
backend.

maybe I could modify mailman to forward more information on the request,
and ask greg to update.

of course they wouldn't accept it, but I could wording around "if you are
mailbombing somebody with unsubscription requests, please write here what
your beef with them is, to help them process the experience"