[ot][spam][crazy] git-remote-bsv

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat May 14 12:30:24 PDT 2022

So, git-remote-bsv broke when bsvup broke, and it was pretty buggy
anyway. I've basically changed from nodejs (which bsvup was using) to
python. Python uses a cross-platform runtime bytecode format that is
relatively well-defined, and inspectable at runtime, making it seem
much easier to manage weird issues.

In node, I kept running into exceptions that propagate poorly through
mismatched arguments in a catch() blocks and be reported to the user
as completely unrelated errors to their cause. I would have to patch
node to fix that. It was pretty frustrating.

But I understand the node is incredibly popular and is going to be
made stable. I'm sure I can write contracts on solana in javascript,
somehow.

I also reinforced some python knowledge so I could out machine
learning research. Turns out you need to be able do things that you
struggle to do, to do that.

Something I value more and struggle to do, is writing a blockchain git
remote that stays useful.