Aggressive List Unsubscription

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Fri May 13 15:02:21 PDT 2022

Hi Karl.

When you get a confirmation code, it means that someone was able to forge your email (this is not hard to do).

If you post the confirmation code to the public cypherpunks list, then the same culprit just needs to send that confirmation code in another forged email.

So, you should not be posting those confirmation codes!

In order to get the confirmation code otherwise, someone would need to intercept your incoming email messages (or, perhaps, the outgoing messages from the list server). That is rather harder than forging an email.

  ~ Greg