Please don't bother people.

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu May 12 01:30:53 PDT 2022

> > > differs
> > >

> > >         no, it's the same thing. I got some 10 messages during a day or
> > > so. I said 'bot' but I think it's actually a person.
> > >

> > we could collect them all, and their ips and timestamps,
>

>         I stand corrected. I thought I got the messages during one day,
> because I found them all when I first checked my mail that day, but here
> are the timestamps
>
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:22:39 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:25:03 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:25:52 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:26:42 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:27:39 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:27:52 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:28:47 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:29:57 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:30:50 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:36:03 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:36:04 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:37:26 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:40:18 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:40:33 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:40:43 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:40:44 -0700
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:45:12 -0700
>

>         So I got 17 messages during 20 minutes. Not sure it that was
> automated or not then...
>

> and then ask the
> > universe whether it would rather we profile the sender's hours of
> activity
> > from the timestamps, or wrap them with ribbons like a bouquet and present
> > them as a gesture of appreciation :)

gnuplot

A lone request, then about 1/minute except for #s 5-6 which are 13 seconds
apart, then occasional requests over the next few minutes.

be helpful to compare with other data.

Here are my scripts roughly. Usually you might make something in a
full-blown language rather than this.

# date lines in a file called "dates", converted to seconds and indices in
"ts.dat"
{
  start=$(date --date="Fri, 06 May 2022 13:22:00 -0700" +%s)
  index=0
  echo 0 0
  sed 's/Date: //' dates | while read date
  do
    echo $(($(date --date="$date" +%s)-start)) $index
    index=$((index+1))
  done
} > ts.dat

# gnuplot
gnuplot> set term pngcairo
gnuplot> set output "chart.png"
gnuplot> plot "ts.dat" title "Request Index/Seconds" with steps

I started with https://github.com/guptarohit/asciigraph but it seemed the
extra detail of gnuplot was worthwhile.